PDA

View Full Version : Trimming/cutting

trichomefarmer
11-30-2007, 07:20 AM
I want to start a discussion regarding trimming.

most of us if not all realize, that the better the materials that go into the bags, the better the results are.

After a trip to Vancouver and then followed by a trip to Amsterdam the vast majority of the buds were imho poorly trimmed.

the trim closest to the buds is where the best none bud trichomes are. yet most leave them on the buds and then when it comes time roll up a joint or back a bowl. these leaves are picked off and mostly discarded.

All my twisted mind see's is all this FMCD going to waste.

In my experience the best bubble is made from fresh frozen trim. the better you trim your fresh plant harvests, the better the grade and and quantity.

and you will notice this improvement much more than the sugar leaves protecting the buds trichomes or the slight change in drying speed effect on the buds taste (if any)

it all boils done to the better the trim going in = the better hash that comes out. ;)

I'd love to hear the pros and cons....

let us discuss

Razz
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
i'll use bud and manicure leaf, it takes all the guesswork out! i think those that 'can't afford' to use bud for hash should get off their fat asses and grow some more crop and stop being such greedy little bastards! i talk the talk. and you bet your ass i walk the walk.

Green Supreme
11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I think the whole trash to stash thing has gone a long way to convince people they should get good hash from any and all material. I think the more experienced bubble makers do realize that good trim makes good hash. A note to new people, not all strains make FMCD. This doesn't mean its not good hash. I have been knocked hard from hash that barely bubbled let alone FMCD. Must say all of the FMCD I have encountered has been power hash though. I know I will encounter opposition on this ,but I believe the sugar trim makes the best hash. Unlike my friend Razz I believe that making hash out of buds is not economical in N.America. Peace GS

Kaneda
11-30-2007, 09:58 PM
You know, these days, I tend to trim a little too close to the nugs, and sometimes trim off actual bud, but I don't really care, it's all going in the bubble bags anyways. I used to be a lot more careful when I was just smoking it as is, ya know. Also, now that I do that, I tend to trim a whole lot faster.

Razz
12-02-2007, 03:04 AM
i've smoked some hash that was not full melt of any melt at all and it was fuckin' spectacular. ak-47 hash i think it was and it sure was tasty.

Kaneda
12-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Mine's like that. It doesn't melt, but it sure does make me fly. 3 hits to the head and you wanna go lay down for a while, ya know what I'm saying.. ;)

EasyBakeIndica
12-07-2007, 03:22 AM
I think the whole trash to stash thing has gone a long way to convince people they should get good hash from any and all material. I think the more experienced bubble makers do realize that good trim makes good hash. A note to new people, not all strains make FMCD. This doesn't mean its not good hash. I have been knocked hard from hash that barely bubbled let alone FMCD. Must say all of the FMCD I have encountered has been power hash though. I know I will encounter opposition on this ,but I believe the sugar trim makes the best hash. Unlike my friend Razz I believe that making hash out of buds is not economical in N.America. Peace GS

I couldn't agree with this more.

In a perfect world, we would have a selection of all different types of resin. Much like a wine list at a fine dining establishment. ;-)

Lord_sixx
03-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Sorry im new, what is FMCD?

trichomefarmer
03-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Full Melt Clear Dome

Bubbleman
03-09-2008, 03:55 AM
in other words this

Bubbleman

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0144CPLarge.jpg

ms.sogarmy
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
something i like to do is trim my trim....meaning i trim of every part of the leaf off except the parts that have "sugar" on them before it goes into the bags (at the same time that i am trimming)