PDA

View Full Version : Toro? SG?

bobbydigital420
06-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Heading down to ATL for the weekend and looking to pick up either and SG or Toro tube...Looking for a fixed stem multi arm perc tube...those double perc tubes thinking 7/13...Anyone know how much I will be spending? Also would like to pick up a multi-arm trashcather as well?

ANy ATL heads in here know whats in stock at 42 degrees or the blue rat?

Thanks in Advance!

BurningDownTheHouse
06-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I was in Blue Rat last weekend before Bonnaroo and they had no Toro or SG and I don't think 42 degrees gets Toro or SG. I would recommend calling them. Some sick SYN tubes at Blue Rat though.

DCALLSTARR
06-23-2009, 06:47 PM
SG for the win!

Toro is expensive and his percs arent even the slightest bit reinforced..

new SG tubes, if you havnt seen already, have the perc arms fused to the tube itself reinforcing the crap out of them to avoid sensless breakage!

but i just saw your talking about fixed stems.. i would still go SG, because you can get the fixed stem with the reinforced arms too.. but for an SG fixed stem (4 arm fixed to 8 arm perc) it costs upwards of 700+ and for the same toro fixed stem (7 arm fixed to 13 arm perc) it would be around the same price for much more perc arms..

dope_roor
06-23-2009, 06:56 PM
SG for the win!

Toro is expensive and his percs arent even the slightest bit reinforced..

new SG tubes, if you havnt seen already, have the perc arms fused to the tube itself reinforcing the crap out of them to avoid sensless breakage!

but i just saw your talking about fixed stems.. i would still go SG, because you can get the fixed stem with the reinforced arms too.. but for an SG fixed stem (4 arm fixed to 8 arm perc) it costs upwards of 700+ and for the same toro fixed stem (7 arm fixed to 13 arm perc) it would be around the same price for much more perc arms..

i dunno the SG fixed stem didn't impress too much, i think the closed ends of the perc arms make it a lil more draggy

DCALLSTARR
06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
no sir, no drag at all. especially on my SG straight tube 8arm. even with the 4 arm A/C there is virtually no drag..

as far as the SG fixed stems. both the bottom 4 and the top 8 arms are all reinforced and fused to the glass tube itself for ultimate strength and durability!

no one else in the glass world does that so SG percs>others in my opinion..

bobbydigital420
06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Sounds to me I may be leaving empty handed from ATL and coming to FMB for my new piece...Any other recommandation on shops while I am down in ATL?

Thanks

COOPAROO
06-24-2009, 04:51 AM
i'd look into a sg gridline. they hit amazing.

you really cant go wrong with toro or sg. so you'll be happy with either choice.

dope_roor
06-24-2009, 06:11 AM
no sir, no drag at all. especially on my SG straight tube 8arm. even with the 4 arm A/C there is virtually no drag..

as far as the SG fixed stems. both the bottom 4 and the top 8 arms are all reinforced and fused to the glass tube itself for ultimate strength and durability!

no one else in the glass world does that so SG percs>others in my opinion..

mmm when i tried it out we were comparing it against gridcap, gridline, inverted 4 (not inverted tree but the one with splashguard looking thing), and toro inline/13

those all clear lightening quick so i guess a more fair comparison would've been a 8/13, too bad it wasnt around

nonetheless, great tube, and yeah i love how SG reinforces percs.

DCALLSTARR
06-24-2009, 05:07 PM
well glassdistrict.com has a sick sick worked SG fixed stem for sale right now, 895 shipped..

Closet Smoker
06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Hit up Blue Rat, I don't think you will be disappointed. They do get Toro in, but they are gone as soon as they hit the shelves. But they have a pretty good slide selection at times. Usually El Hefe, Slinger, S4l, Stroble, Rebel, Revere... it all depends on the timing.

Hollistar
06-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Damn, how did I miss this thread. I just posed a similar one @_@