PDA

View Full Version : 1st try at bubble pictures

leadsled
02-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Saw this site from a thread on another forum.

Was very happy to find the site and also see the amazing macro photos.

Has some old trim that I had already sifted a few times.

Made some bubble and took a few shots before it dried.

Does bubble hash need to be cured?

Does mixing with a power drill add more plant matter vs mashing machine method?

using a canon a620 point and shoot camera.

wanna step up to digital slr someday.

Got a little but of plant matter in the 73 as you can see in the 1st pic.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/9/6/U2BUBBLE_73_2.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/9/6/U2BUBBLE_73.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/9/6/U2BUBBLE_45_2.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/9/6/U2BUBBLE_45.jpg

Bubbleman
02-11-2008, 07:24 AM
WOrd leadsled welcome to the site. Nice to see ya starting it off with some shots of the bubble. So to answer your questions, yes bubblehash needs to be DRIED for sure, cured if you want that connesuer hit.
You dont want to press the bubble while its still wet, so just remove some of the water with the pressing screen and towel . gently absorb the water out, and then chop the hash finely into powder and spread thin on cardboard. This will remove the last bit of moisture from the bubble. This can take over 48 hours sometimes.

As for a drill compared to a bubblenow washing machine. No comparrison. The drill will produce a lower quality higher ratio of contaminant hash everytime> The machine is extremly gentle in the mixing procedure, but with enough ice, will remove efficiently most of the gland heads you are seeking.

HOpe that helped

Peace
Bubble man

Evergreen
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Yea I would stay away from the paintmixer on a drill. I tried that a few times but it was just a little harsh, too much contaminents. Just think about it like an interrogation, the confession that you get out of a person who has nearly been beat to death if far different from the one that you get from a person who has been fed doughnuts and coffee and asked nicely.

Keep on bubblin'

Bubbleman
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
hahahah nice metaphor evac

Bubble man

leadsled
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
thanks for all the information.

Does bubble need to be cured like buds?

Can you please elaborate on curing bubble?

I got the 1st 2 steps down but do not knwop the difference between curing buds vs curing bubble.

ExamplE:

make bubble

leaves bubble on cardboard for 48 hours

put bubble is cold dark place in ari tight jar and burp 2-3 times a day??

Thanks!!

Bubbleman
02-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Well dont jar it up until its powder dry> This can be deceiving and many people think its dry when its not. LEt is sweat a little after you think its dry in a sealed container, if its still wet inside the moisture will sweat out to the outter layers of the hash and the appearance will change.
ONce its dry, you can jar it up though and cure it for as long as you like> I have some that is two months cured, some that is 1 year cured, and a little that is in the 4 to 5 year range.
I prefer around a 6 to 12 month cure with bubble. Thats just me.

Bubble man

leadsled
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Well dont jar it up until its powder dry> This can be deceiving and many people think its dry when its not. LEt is sweat a little after you think its dry in a sealed container, if its still wet inside the moisture will sweat out to the outter layers of the hash and the appearance will change.
ONce its dry, you can jar it up though and cure it for as long as you like> I have some that is two months cured, some that is 1 year cured, and a little that is in the 4 to 5 year range.
I prefer around a 6 to 12 month cure with bubble. Thats just me.

Bubble man

thanks alot, that was what I was looking for.

Bubbleman
02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Right on man glad to be of assistance.
How did your hash turn out by the way? good smoke?

Bubble man

leadsled
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Right on man glad to be of assistance.
How did your hash turn out by the way? good smoke?

Bubble man

turned out good.

After letting it cure few weeks in cool dark area the smell and taste was excellent.

Thanks

Next batch will be with some fresh trim and not beat to death :)

Bubbleman
04-08-2008, 09:04 PM
good to hear leadsled, always happy to hear when things turn out good.

any pics of the final product???

peace
Bubble man