PDA

View Full Version : 1 Gallon Buckets

boncharasi
02-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm sure many of us have experienced the search for the 1 gallon bucket.

After finding 2 gallon, 3 gallon, and 5 gallon, I almost gave up hope and just used the 2 gallon. I was retiling the shower/bath during that visit to the hardware store, and I returned home empty handed, only to find a stroke of luck. I emptied out the joint compound container and saw the word one gallon on the container. I laughed.

The only concern I had was to get the bucket clean enough, particularly the removal of the smell. I scrubbed the bucket with isopropyl alcohol to get rid of the sliminess and stickiness of the joint compound. I used Dr. Bronner's Sal-Suds and cleaned and soaked over a 3 day period. No smell, no residue, and my first run of bubble had been done with no ill-effect to the taste or any hint of the joint compound.

I hope this helps others on their quest for the 1 gallon bucket :pray:

Peace

Evergreen
02-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey,
You can go to almost any paint store and they should have a 1 gallon bucket.

boncharasi
02-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I looked at a couple paint store too. They only had metal paint cans in the one gallon size. All the plastic they had were 2 and 3 gallon. That was at Sherwin Williams and I checked another local paint store, as well. I couldn't believe they didn't stock them.

Here's an online link to one with an optional lid: http://www.collectors-outpost.com/product/M2601?meta=FRG

Peace