PDA

View Full Version : Diffy brand comparison

dosman
07-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Have you all ever noticed a significant difference from diffuser brand? Right now I have a stock diffuser with a few slits at the end. Is it worth moving up to an Ehle or roor?

Frosty
07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
What's a "stock" diffuser?

abuse
07-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I think what he's meaning to say is, the slits being stock as opposed to the diffused holes from G-Spot, RooR, or EHLE

Frosty
07-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I've heard the closed nature of the hole diffusers adds a bit of drag, especially with multiple diffys, but to be honest, I've never had any extended use with them.

dosman
07-07-2009, 05:52 PM
No, I just meant stock cause I don't know the brand so it's obviously not a premium slide.

One thing people overlook is that the amount of filtration is most highly correlated to the surface area that the smoke contacts the water.

I'll probably save up and get an Ehle on EDIT eventually. i'll post a comparison then

Dread_head_420
07-07-2009, 05:58 PM
yes theres a difference id much rather hit my roor.de diffy then ne stock d cut diffy

just my 2 cents

dread_head

419gotaminute
07-08-2009, 02:55 PM
^^^Agreed RooR De all the way! It breaks up the smoke into little bubbles so much better then anythimg else I've used round hole or d-slit imo. :)

capn
07-08-2009, 06:03 PM
i had a de, and i'll have to say, showerhead is better imho.

Ripvanwinkle420
07-08-2009, 06:28 PM
i had a de, and i'll have to say, showerhead is better imho.

Hashbean did a review on the .de and he concluded that only 8 out of 21 holes bubbled under normal pull
I dunno ive hit the .de as well and its a very very smooth hit but
IMHO aswell i like it more when u have the open end so that when you pull the slide you have a faster clear
Ive hit plenty of stock diffys and some of them are not to bad if you acually sit and watch em while a buddy takes a hit ive had plenty of stocks that would only perc threw the slits even with stronger pulls and then like i said before just have that1 shot up with the open end instead of still diffusing dry air.....
Illadelphs are awsome 2....well since im more of a 14 guy
same thing with those if you get the right pull they should only perc threw the slits then when you pull the slide u get the full shotgun

COns:
Us tubes d cuts are DRAGGY.....all i gotta say

NC HaZe
07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Hashbean did a review on the .de and he concluded that only 8 out of 21 holes bubbled under normal pull
I dunno ive hit the .de as well and its a very very smooth hit but
IMHO aswell i like it more when u have the open end so that when you pull the slide you have a faster clear
Ive hit plenty of stock diffys and some of them are not to bad if you acually sit and watch em while a buddy takes a hit ive had plenty of stocks that would only perc threw the slits even with stronger pulls and then like i said before just have that1 shot up with the open end instead of still diffusing dry air.....
Illadelphs are awsome 2....well since im more of a 14 guy
same thing with those if you get the right pull they should only perc threw the slits then when you pull the slide u get the full shotgun

COns:
Us tubes d cuts are DRAGGY.....all i gotta say

I've never had any drag using my US Tubes diffuser, it has a more open larger beefy holes to let more air to be released, I usually prefer a roor.de just because i personally like the pull.

undertoker
07-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Just comparing a couple different styles of diffusers. The first vid is a Vented D cut diffy by US Tubes. The second is a no namer slit style diffy, 3 slit on each side for a total of 6 slit. The third is an Alex K Shower Head style diffy. This diffy was made for a WS mini tube, thats why it looks goofy and way to short. In the interest of keeping the testing tube the same I used it in my US Tubes stemless natural. I know there have been diffuser styles left out like RooR's 21 pierced hole diffy, and the SG grid diffy. I dont have personal vid's of these in action.

YouTube - Diffusion Camparison Video

capn
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
showerhead ftw

dosman
07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
that showerhead looks pretty sick. the smoke is only getting filtered through the parts where it actually goes through, so it does make sense for it to all come out at the end