PDA

View Full Version : what is clear dome exactly?

BurlingtonPussykiss
07-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Ive always heard this term but just assumed it was the water hash making those great big bubbles when a flame hits it. Ive made some pretty dank ice hash with my 4 bag but never seem to get the hash that seems to pretty much turn to liquid and makes the large bubbles. What am I missing out on here?

gbk.xscape
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM
I think it's the amount of bags you have. To get the FMCD I think you should step it up to the 8 bag set.

Hieronymus Bosch
07-08-2009, 10:38 PM
It's seems to be a matter of refinement and genetics.

Definitely, the more bags you have the better chance you'll have at getting FMCD. The further refinement attained by more bags means less contaminants in your 73µ and 90µ. I have been told that people can get FMCD in other screens as well.

For reasons that I am unfamiliar with, certain strains have a much higher tendency to produce FMCD than other strains. Perhaps it's the ratio of capitate-stalked trichomes VS. capitate-sessile and bulbous trichomes, but that is mere speculation. If anyone else can clarify, please do.

bubblecrack
07-10-2009, 09:59 PM
try to see if your bags are labeled with µ measurments. if you have anything under 100 i think that's where you will get clear dome. I think the smaller the µ the higher the refinement. so I would probably get a 73µ and 25µ if you dont already have those

not all trim will produce clear dome even if you have these screens so its not a guarantee.

permaculture
08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
If anyone else can clarify, please do.

My own speculation: it's all about minimising the proportion of plant cells and maximising the proportion of resin in the hash.

The very best trichomes will have almost no stalk attached. Perhaps only 4 cells right at the base.

Raising the proportion of these over other suboptimal trichomes in your hash will get you closer to FMCD.

Techniques to assist with this include the cold temperature which makes the resin hard and the stalks brittle.

You will always be limited by the quality of the plant material you start with.

Green Supreme
08-17-2009, 07:53 PM
My avatar is fullmelt clear dome. Peace GS

greenhands
09-29-2009, 03:31 PM
i recomend using a very gentle washing technique, to minimize plant material.. ie. wooden spoon, hands...:beaver:

YukonBikerGuy
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
i recomend using a very gentle washing technique, to minimize plant material.. ie. wooden spoon, hands...:beaver:

Bubblenow machine......

Gives me fmcd.......

Use a full 8 bag set for best chance of fmcd.

Trying slightly different techniques with the same strain and quality starting material can give widely varying results. Keep refining your process, and looking for a melty strain.