PDA

View Full Version : fake roor

Eclipse44
07-09-2009, 02:43 AM
The other day i bought my first roor.Im in college an live only 30 min away from my house so i decided to go back up for the day. Well when i came back I find out that one of my roommates friends broke it. :violin:Yes...he paid me in full (250), but I got a good price on it and i dont think ill find another one this cheep NEW...anyways one of the kids here thinks its fake. How can i tell if it is or isnt.?????

thekingCREOLE
07-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Does it have a sig?

Georgia O'Queef
pics, also I don't think this is the place

sodi pop
wrong place this is glass market

Eclipse44
07-09-2009, 03:52 AM
o damn my bad.and yes it has a sig

ToRo Head
07-09-2009, 05:01 AM
Does it have a sig?

My first german roor was a custom i bought in the roor shop in amsterdam and it has no sig! not all roors have sigs thats one thing not many people know. and they r not selling fake roors in a roor shop ya know!

Honestly man what leads u to think its fake? and their are always alot of haters on the net so dotn listen to everything u hear!

Eclipse44
07-09-2009, 05:27 AM
yea.thats exactly the way i was thinking. The shop i went to was sooo legit. I go there all the time with my friends to buy some expensive shit so they gave me a good deal. There all just hatin casue they dont have RooRs.

SirSmokeItAll
07-09-2009, 05:32 AM
the best way to see if it is fake or not is by looking at the label, joint placement/weld, and sig
If they all check out..... id say its real

ToRo Head
07-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Bro if the shop u bought it from is turely legit as u say they would not sell fake roors! Due to the simple fact that they can b shut down and sued if they were truely selling fake roors. i live in buff but in the burbs but in the city one of those shitty fake clothing stores u see in teh hood got raided cause they were selling fake nike and seanjohn clothing the owner and 2 shop workers got jail time and fines!

so what im sayin is if its legit no shop owner is gonna risk his business for 200 bucks!

ToRo Head
07-09-2009, 05:35 AM
the best way to see if it is fake or not is by looking at the label, joint placement/weld, and sig
If they all check out..... id say its real

See this is why i said that another person lead to belive it has to have a sig to b real! which is a 100% not true!

SirSmokeItAll
07-09-2009, 05:38 AM
relax roor head
i know not ALL RooRs have sigs, but a LOT do
i would say a large majority have 'em
but you are the roor head, so you should know better than I

ToRo Head
07-09-2009, 05:41 AM
oh im relaxed just smoked a roor actually. yea man im just looking out for roor collectors so they dont let something like that make them think their toob is fake!

Georgia O'Queef
07-09-2009, 07:07 AM
OP can we get pics? What did you do with the broken toob? are you sure it's beyond repair?

ToRo Head
07-09-2009, 08:20 AM
This is my german roor i got in the roor shop in adam everything on it is de includeing the slide! just showing the thread starter what i mean by all roors dont have no sig!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=353

Ripvanwinkle420
07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Signatures on US tubes are always on the left side.
German sigs are on the right or Centered

RooR Head thats prob a tube from a "prodo" line they did for it not to be sig'ed
I have never seen a roor without a sig also that is of course that wasent fake itself...and the whole argument about fake roors and getting sued for making fake roors is not true they do not include the registred symbol sumtimes aswell but you really think roor.us is going to press charges and like blow up there spot
I dont think so...more lickly like u said with nike or clothing

Also before any shop is allowed to sell roor products, a roor rep must visit and check is they get enough "custy traffic"...If not then there not granted to sell roor.us
If your shop only picked up 1 or 2 tubes and dont have the roor authroized banners hanging or any other accesories and you have doubts i would think sumtins up with that

JUst my .02

chilidog332001
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Signatures on US tubes are always on the left side.
German sigs are on the right or Centered

More mis-conceptions. I've seen .us' with the sig on the right/left/and center, and I've seen .de's with sigs on the right/left/and center as well.

Sig placement doesn't mean where it was from, it's just a signature, and the blower can put it wherever he wants.

Eclipse44
07-10-2009, 04:07 PM
O i think its easily fixbale,but im no pro glass blower... id post a pic of it up but idk how. :confused:

shoeboyjr
07-10-2009, 04:24 PM
^^^^ chilli and roorhead nailed it, rip is wrong, except about where a roor rep has to visit, that tends to be the case. sig placement has no meaning, it is just the blowers preference. i recently sold a custom from amsterdam and it had no sig, it had a skull which was the blowers sig. i am currently selling 2 german roor's purchased straight from the roor shop in amsterdam and one has a sig on the left and the other piece the one is centered, i feel the best way to tell if it's roor.us and roor.de is the glass thickness and beaker style, if it is a beaker. roor.de tend to do their glass a lil thicker, i have a roor.us 7mil and it is thinner then the roor.de im selling, not much thinner but you can def tell\see the difference.

ROOR24
07-10-2009, 06:54 PM
custom German ROOR`s will have sig were ever u want them (or no sig) they are custom. The production line US is on the left production German are center or on the right. US custom might put the sig were u want not sure.

ToRo Head
07-10-2009, 09:33 PM
as of sig placement my reall good buddy has a de from the adam shop and teh sig is on the left! an like i said b4 they r not selling usa roors in europe unless its a real special usa custom!

For example theirs one custom roor.de i saw with the sig on the actual toob on the side of the roor logo!