PDA

View Full Version : Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with a Cannabis Infused Tarragon Remoulade

Hieronymus Bosch
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Here is a recipe for a lovely bruschetta is relatively easy to make. The only hassle is making the mayonnaise, but I think it's worth it. All the ingredients should be at your local grocery store. The THC is infused primarily in the mayonnaise used for the remoulade via vegetable oil. You can and should also infuse the olive oil that's required for the tomatoes. I don't write cookbooks or anything so these directions may be awful. I apologize in advance.

Ingredients for THC Infused Mayonnaise:

2 egg yolks

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard

1/8 teaspoon sugar

4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar

1-1/2 cups THC Infused Vegetable/Olive Oil

4 teaspoons hot water

Ingredients for Tarragon Remoulade:

1/2 cup THC infused mayonnaise

1 shallot, finely minced

1 tsp. cider vinegar

1 ½ Tbl. minced fresh tarragon

½ tsp. cracked black pepper

¼ tsp. sea salt

Ingredients for Bruschetta (will provide exact amounts later):

A baguette of bread

A bunch of Roma tomatoes

1 shallot, minced

2-3 cloves of garlic, minced

A bunch of thyme, minced

Crescenza or Brie Cheese

Salt, to taste

Pepper, to taste

Olive Oil(You should infuse this with THC too!!!!)

Throwing It Together:

Okay, so let's get the roasted tomatoes in the oven. First, cut off the ends of the Roma tomatoes and quarter them. Then take a larger mixing bowl and throw the quartered tomatoes, minced shallots, minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and olive oil in the mixing bowl. Toss it a bit. Make sure that each tomato is evenly coated with the oil and the other ingredients. Now, take a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper(not required) and lay the tomatoes out evenly in a single layer across the pan with the core facing upward.

Throw that shit in the oven. Now, the timing depends on how good you want the tomatoes to taste. The lower the temperature/longer time the better it will taste. If you want to do it quick, you can just set the oven to 350 and put them in their for roughly 20 minutes. You'll know their done when all the juice has evaporated and they look shriveled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you throw the tomatoes in the oven, you can start on your tarragon remoulade. Essentially, all you do is throw the above ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.

Here is the important part, you must make your own mayonnaise so that you can incorporate the THC. You can use either vegetable or olive oil. Most of you probably have your method of infusing the THC in the oil. If not, just heat the oil in a saute pan and add the hash, i used about half a gram of mediocre hash and a bunch of kief. I recommend hash over leaf because of the cleaner flavor profile. Hold over low heat for like a half hour, MAKE SURE OIL DOESN'T BURN!!!!

How to make the mayonnaise:

Beat yolks, salt, mustard, sugar, pepper, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl until very thick and pale yellow. (Note: If using electric mixer, beat at medium speed.) Add about 1/4 cup oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously all the while. Beat in 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and hot water. Add another 1/4 cup oil, a few drops at a time, beating vigorously all the while. Beat in another teaspoon each lemon juice and water. Add 1/2 cup oil in a very fine steady stream, beating constantly, then mix in remaining lemon juice and water; slowly beat in remaining oil. If you like, thin mayonnaise with a little additional hot water. Cover and refrigerate until needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slice the baguette into half-inch slices, drizzle with olive oil and put them in the oven till toasted and brown.

Final Step:

Take your toasted sliced bread and lay them down.
Put some Cheese on their, melted or not.
Then, take your roasted tomatoes and place three on each slice of bread.
Next, drizzle as much of the tarragon remoulade as you'd like over top!

That's it, your done!

Hieronymus Bosch
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Also, I'll post a recipe for an awesome chocolate pound cake w/THC in the next few days.

gbk.xscape
07-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Maan this looks intense. I gotta go to my dispensary and pick up some trim soon. Thanks a lot for this. I'm looking forward to that pound cake recipe. My grandma always used to make them for me... w/o thc of course.

Thanks again.