PDA

View Full Version : Chemdog and UK Cheese

Evergreen
07-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Here are a few shots of some UK Cheese 3 and a half weeks through flowering. I am growing in a new soil mix similar to Subcools but a little tweaked. NO liquid nutes are being used at all. all of the other times i have grown cheese, the buds were about this size when they were finished!!!!!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/ekahn81/P1016019.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/ekahn81/P1016015.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o55/ekahn81/P1016017.jpg

posting pis of chem later. . .

WaTdAbLuNt420
08-03-2009, 03:40 PM
nice pics man. my friend is about 6 weeks into flowering his blue cheese, it has a huge main cola!

DaNK
08-03-2009, 03:46 PM
I love cheese!

GoTKuSH?
08-04-2009, 05:33 AM
looks like some great fruity, cheesy smelly uk goodness!!!

dankocalypse
08-21-2009, 01:57 AM
looks dank man, cant wait to see the chem

OnlyHighGrade
08-21-2009, 02:12 AM
if you wouldnt mind pm'ing me or even posting how you ARE feeding these. I understand you said no liquid nutes, so what are you using. I assume its just thriving off the soil and whatever else you added. do you mind sharing?

aqualungs
08-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes please share the mix, they look deelish bro!

Evergreen
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
- 4 Bags of Roots Organics Soil (foxfarm will work in a pinch)
- 6 lbs worm castings
- 1/4 cup of Azomite Trace Minerals
- 1 Lb of Bone Meal (3-15-0)
- 1.2 lb of Blood Meal (12-0-0)
- 1 Lb of Bat Guano (0-4-0)
- About half a big bag of perlite
- 3/8 cup of Epsom Salt

Throw it all in a pile and mix it up for a good 15 minutes, let sit for a few days before using.
VERY IMPORTANT! DO NOT FILL WHOLE POT WITH THIS MIX! Only put this soil in the bottom 1/3 of the pot, then put down a small layer of the Roots Organics soil for clone/seedling to sit on, then backfill the rest with roots organics NOT the soil you just mixed.

If you want the finest smelling/tasting cannabis on the planet hands fucking down then soil w/ dry nutes is the only way to go! don't be fooled by greedy motherfuckers! once you get good at soil you can produce cannabis as fast as hydro. Grow Cannabis how it was meant to be grown.

I'll post up some pictures in a few days, just pulled the Chem and Cheese about a week ago, fucking amazing! Science can and will never get even close to producing what nature can, hydroponics can produce some amazing herb but nothing even close to the herb produced organically.

OnlyHighGrade
08-21-2009, 02:45 PM
thanks so much for sharing evergreen. it is most appreciated.

I always 'just say no to dro' :pipe:

however, i sometimes think people forget that they are even growing hydroponically. coco core has really blown up over the last few years and it was just never my thing although i have seen great results from it. no liquid nutes is extremely enticing to me. I used to do this out of arrogance outside when i was much younger. it always came out high grade and i had no clue. just keep it all ital! blessings!

aqualungs
08-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the mix Evergreen!

I only have access to pro-mix, would that work as a sub for the roots organic mix Evergreen? I have access to all the other parts though. Also,would I pick up the trace minerals at my local grow shop?

gumbygold
08-25-2009, 07:34 PM
nice grow, what kind of light?

Evergreen
08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
>Aqualungs I would avoid using pro mix, though you could if that is all you have access to. I like to use a soil that has some N-P-K ratio to start, not a "dead" medium. If you can find pro mix then you should be able to find ocean forest.

>Gumbygold I was using a 600W Ushio MH conversion buld in a lumatek ballast.

Hatch
08-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Great Looking Plants, I Like Your Nut Mix, & It Seems To Be Working Good For Ya.

aqualungs
08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm serious my grow shop only carries pro-mix and there is only one grow shop yay me :(.

speakrsrfun
08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Promix will be fine Aqualungs you just have to cook the mix longer than a few days to get a good base as the medium is inert. I usually use promix and a dry SUPERSOIL mix and I cook for an absolute min of 2 weeks if I'm in a jam, preferably a good 2 months worth of cooking is better. By cooking I mean keeping the mixture of dry nutes and promix in a closed container (garbage cans), mixing every few days into an extra empty garbage can and adding water to obtain a damp feel not wet. Continue to mix every week and let sit in a min of 75-80 degree area to allow the microbes to activate. A good additive that is a must have in my opinion is any mycorrhizal additive, this additive is added to allow for the roots to be fed actively throughout by the mycorrhiza breaking down organic material to provide food direct to the root. If you add this and see little white puffs or spiderweb looking strands, don't be affraid, little white spider web looking growths or strands of white strings on the top of the medium is normal if you haven't opened the container for a few days as thats just the mycorrhiza working. The smell can be a bit ripe but if you have ever smelled fertile farm soil it has the same funk to it LOL. Another benefit is you have the option with super soil to RECHARGE the mix just as farmers amend thier feilds yearly. I'd say if you haven't grown in a supersoil do give it a try, you won't be disapointed, Peace.

Speaks

I'm serious my grow shop only carries pro-mix and there is only one grow shop yay me :(.

aqualungs
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks bro! One more question what are the Azomite Trace Minerals and should I be able to get it at my shop?

Evergreen
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
yeah any local garden shop should carry em, look for Down To Earth brand.

Evergreen
09-02-2009, 09:14 PM
though you can use the pro mix, if it is important for you to have a healthy true living organics soil setup go with a soil that already has myco. fungi in it. i have done my supersoil mix with both pro mix and roots organics. Hands down the soil made with REAL soil tastes better, the pro mix was alright

krome
09-02-2009, 09:27 PM
promix has mycos added to it already and in my opinion if one of the best mediums out there. i would use promix hp before roots organic or any other brand of soil any day of the week. if your shop only carries promix, consider yourself lucky as i had to search high and low to find it in my area when i moved after using it so successfully for years. and especially when you're going to be making a super soil mix like this, i think using promix is to your advantage since it's inert. meaning, you know exactly what you put in there. it's not the best to use a soil that's already packed with things and add a whole bunch more on top of it as it can throw your ratios off.

just my opinion.

Evergreen
09-03-2009, 12:52 AM
thanks for all of the info krome but, I think he was asking me what I used and what i suggested. When you post pics of your grow and people ask you what you think is the best recipie, thats when to say all that. But post some pics of your grows and bubble pics, we'd love to see some of your skillz. Post your outdoor pics as well!

Evergreen
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
if your shop only carries pro mix. . . . find a new shop!

Evergreen
09-03-2009, 12:54 AM
only PRO-MIX 'BRK' with MycorisePRO has myco. not all promix.

Evergreen
09-03-2009, 01:05 AM
How rude of me.
Welcome to FMB Speakrsrfun and Krome, post up some pics of your work so we all can see what you do.
Welcome, Welcome

krome
09-03-2009, 05:31 AM
thanks for all of the info krome but, I think he was asking me what I used and what i suggested. When you post pics of your grow and people ask you what you think is the best recipie, thats when to say all that. But post some pics of your grows and bubble pics, we'd love to see some of your skillz. Post your outdoor pics as well!

this is a public forum right? i didn't know that you couldn't add any input that was prevalent to the topic. i wasn't trying to come in here and put you down or anything, just expressing what i've found out through the years of trial and error. no need to get panties in a bunch bro.

but ask and you shall receive. here's a couple small plants outdoor right now since you asked specifically for them:

http://thecannacabana.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1310&pictureid=28149

i'll try to dig up some promix pics for you since you don't seem to be a believer or the power that it possesses. it stomps roots organic, sunshine mix, everything else out there, except for coco. but that's another discussion all together.
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://thecannacabana.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1310&pictureid=28142%5B/IMG%5D

krome
09-03-2009, 05:57 AM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/6/1/DSCN9107.JPG

Evergreen
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
nice pics!!!!!!!!!! well we should start a dicsussion on the forum on the soil mixes people use.
wasnt tryin to be a dick.

pigfarmer
09-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Hope u fellas don't mind if I jump in on the topic...

I done a few side by sides with Chem D in SUBSOIL last run. Sum were mixed with Organicare, others Pro-Mix HP which does contain Myco, and a few in Roots Organic.

The Promix plants dried out much quicker & allowed me to water them more often, thus I feel it contributed to them being the most heavy of the side by sides. They ended up doing nearly 1 full z more per plant then the roots plants.

Organicare Aireation Formula was a close 2nd in weight, they flushed out with a heavy fade & the best tasting smoke came from these plants.

I won't ever use ROOTS organic again after my 1 run, stays wet to long & I didn't get shit for fade. Plants were still green after a 2 week flush.

krome
09-03-2009, 10:39 PM
i was hoping you would chime in pigs as i saw your side by sides a while back and remember you saying that about the promix. the only thing that i've found that actually competes with promix is using a blend of 1 bag coco (bcuzz or canna) and 1 bag of the aeration mix. it comes out feeling pretty much just like promix, but it dries out even faster and enabled me to get more feedings than promix. seems to flush out quicker as well.

but for me, if you want to just open the bag and have amazing plants, promix hp can't be beat and i'll be going back to it again after the coco/aeration run is done.

i've found the same thing with the roots organic. you have to add much more perlite to it to lighten the load and enable you to water more than 1-2 a week. promix is out the bag, in your pots and you're good to go.

aqualungs
09-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Ah looks great krome buddy! And the pro-mix I get has myco added. In order to use another shop I have to order through the mail. I'm gonna mix this up with pro mix for my next go. Thanks, guys!

pigfarmer
09-04-2009, 12:19 AM
I tell ya, I'm having the most amazing results I've had with transplanting a heavly rooted 2gal 100% coco rootball into 7's of promix-hp, Kickin the PH up from 5.8 to 6.3-6.5ish at transplant, veggin a few more weeks then flowering. WOW :pig:

aqualungs
03-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Got a question for you evergreen, Is it alright to transplant straight into the supersoil mixture once the plant is mature enough?

Evergreen
04-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I would avoid it even though some strains can handle it. If you have any extra clones do a trial run and see. I like to put about a inch or half inch of Roots Organics soil over the supersoil, then the clone and then backfill with plain Roots Orgaincs soil.

aqualungs
04-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh and I was gonna ask you if you used any teas at all with the mix, or just straight up water and molasses?

Evergreen
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I have not ever used teas with the mix but this next round I am going to try this recipe
In 1 gallon of de-chlorinated water:
1 Cup of Earthworm castings
1 tsp of Soft Rock phosphate
2 tsp of Alaska fish fertilizer
1 tbsp of Fox Farm big Bloom liquid
1 tbsp of molasses
1 tbsp of kelp meal
1 tbsp of all purpose dry fertilizer ( i like a 5-5-5 npk ratio on it)
1 tbsp of Liquid Karma or maxicrop

let that bubble for 24 hours and then add it to another gallon of de-chlorinated water (meaning put an air stone in the water and bubble it for 24 hours to get rid of the chlorine)

I am running my soil mix again but it is a bit altered, so I'll post my recipe again and maybe a video of me mixing it up with some instructions.
The whole point of my experiment with the superdupersoil is to find a way to use all natural dry nurtients and not waste tons of money on processed nutes, because how fucking organic is it to use liquid nutes from a bottle in soil. To me using liquid nutes in soil is almost hydroponics, the plant is getting fed from the soil, but nutes form a bottle fed the soil.
After this next crop of UK Cheese is done I will know how I have done, as of right now the cannabis that I grow in my soil is far stonier, smellier and stickier than ANY hydro my homies grow and my friends that have made the switch to soil, they use so many fucking nutes and additives it tastes like fucking garbage. Now granted, I don't grow as much herb or make even 1/10th of the money my homies do. But I decided that before I would try to make any money off cannabis, i would grow better cannabis than anyone I know, because out here in Cali everyone is growing and you need to set yourself apart from the greedy growers.
Grow on peeps

aqualungs
04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Nice attitude bro, I totally agree with you. Thanks for the tips!

toalex
04-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I have not ever used teas with the mix but this next round I am going to try this recipe
In 1 gallon of de-chlorinated water:
1 Cup of Earthworm castings
1 tsp of Soft Rock phosphate
2 tsp of Alaska fish fertilizer
1 tbsp of Fox Farm big Bloom liquid
1 tbsp of molasses
1 tbsp of kelp meal
1 tbsp of all purpose dry fertilizer ( i like a 5-5-5 npk ratio on it)
1 tbsp of Liquid Karma or maxicrop

let that bubble for 24 hours and then add it to another gallon of de-chlorinated water (meaning put an air stone in the water and bubble it for 24 hours to get rid of the chlorine)

I am running my soil mix again but it is a bit altered, so I'll post my recipe again and maybe a video of me mixing it up with some instructions.
The whole point of my experiment with the superdupersoil is to find a way to use all natural dry nurtients and not waste tons of money on processed nutes, because how fucking organic is it to use liquid nutes from a bottle in soil. To me using liquid nutes in soil is almost hydroponics, the plant is getting fed from the soil, but nutes form a bottle fed the soil.
After this next crop of UK Cheese is done I will know how I have done, as of right now the cannabis that I grow in my soil is far stonier, smellier and stickier than ANY hydro my homies grow and my friends that have made the switch to soil, they use so many fucking nutes and additives it tastes like fucking garbage. Now granted, I don't grow as much herb or make even 1/10th of the money my homies do. But I decided that before I would try to make any money off cannabis, i would grow better cannabis than anyone I know, because out here in Cali everyone is growing and you need to set yourself apart from the greedy growers.
Grow on peeps

great post man :passit: