PDA

View Full Version : Vaping Hash?

crAZjoeherbizzle86
02-29-2008, 05:22 PM
When put in a vaporizer, does your hash have to be used differently than with bud, and does this even work well with nonmelty hash? I'd think it could simply be vaped the same way as bud, just as efficiently, but maybe nonmelty hash would just take a little longer to vaporize due to its solid texture. Do you think nonmelty hash produces smooth vapor in general?

Of course, if I get any full melt, I could use it however I wanted obviously without harshness being an issue. I'm just wanting to know how smooth nonmelty hash would be when vaped, just in case any of my material has a hard time producing melty hash. Anything that's too harsh for my liking (being a former smoker) would just have to become cooking material, which would still be cool, you know. Thanks a lot for any advice,

Joe

Green Supreme
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I know very little about vaping non melty hash , except I know it can be done. Perhaps you could pm Hazedaze he has more experience vaping hash than anyone I know. Who knows maybe he'll see this thread and reply. Practice makes perfect though. Good luck. Peace GS

Lord_sixx
03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
the vaporisor i have would get in trouble quick. In vaping, the material doesnt catch fire so i figure it would be down to , will the tch be released with a minimum heat source or must you actually burn it to get the sweet effects.

Green Supreme
03-08-2008, 07:13 PM
In vaporization no combustion takes place. If the material combusts your heat source was too high. Good luck. Peace GS

hazedaze
03-08-2008, 09:42 PM
vaping Non melty hash is great. some prefer to put it on a light layer of ground herbs and vape it that way. I like to vape it right on the screen. I use my Hot glass vaporizer, and put a small scoop in the bowl (just enuf to cover the screen). I like to turn it all the way up to 450 for hash, and let it heat up for a good 15 minn. another tip is to keep your hot glass vape in a coffie cup to let it get extra hot.

I like to save the vaped hash to use for butter or cooking goodies

crAZjoeherbizzle86
03-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Wow, that's really nice to know that it works well with that non melty hash! Plus, hash is so much easier to transport than bud, and less worrisome for that matter. I've been thinking about the Vaporfection vaporizer, since it sounds pretty easy to use (it has some assisted airflow and looks kinda like a Vapezilla but is a little cheaper). And I tell you what, that Verdamper looked awesome the other day after I'd seen that it's pretty popular with you all, but it's apparently pretty expensive.

Hey hazedaze, is that vaped hash you save for cooking pretty fairly tasteless? It doesn't get burnt at that temp does it? Does it burn really clean at such a high temp too (kind of like vaping bud or smoking melty hash)? Thanks a lot guys

Clear_Dome
03-14-2008, 02:18 PM
hi crAZjoeherbizzle86 ,
Befor buying a vaperfection take a look here www.arizer.com (http://www.arizer.com) ...this is the last vap on the market and I think this will be the next standard ,and seem to work really weel with hash cause it heat up to 600f

crAZjoeherbizzle86
03-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey Thanks, Clear_Dome, I checked out that website and the arizer looks pretty awesome - I'd guess it to be a better buy than vaporfection. Do those real high temps ever tend to produce a lot of ash and/or harshness with hash, almost like with smoking it? I know vaping is a whole different process, but I haven't heard of using such high temps for hash. I mean I'd think you'd have to just use the same temp as with marijuana buds to release the cannabinoids. I just decided to look for a website about vaping and I found this:
http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

It looks pretty interesting - it says THC was produced at 365f while eliminating three measured toxins, while significant amounts of one toxin began to appear at 392f; combustion occurred at 446f. Now I know why I had a harsh hit the one time I tried a vaporizer with weed, since it was in the 390s.

Clear_Dome
03-16-2008, 07:23 PM
yes but the temp write on the vaporizer is not the temp inside the bowl ,it is the temperature of the heater ...but 600 is probably too hot you'r right ....for now my vaporizer just go to 400f (my herbal air) and this is not enough hot to make decent vapor with pressed hash so I'm sure it will work better somewhere between 400 and 600f

IronLung
08-07-2009, 03:34 AM
we vape our hash all the time down here! I have a da buddha vape and the only problem I have wth vapin' hash is that it clogs the screens up pretty quick. Other than that, we love it!

Stay Mellow,
IL

gbk.xscape
08-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Wouldn't full melt hash just become all runny and flow through the screen? I've only used box vape but that's what would seem to happen in my mind at least.

IronLung
08-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Ya it pretty much does.. I put a small layer of bud first & than some hash.. Tastes great adn works wonderfully!

Wouldn't full melt hash just become all runny and flow through the screen? I've only used box vape but that's what would seem to happen in my mind at least.

gbk.xscape
08-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Yea, I would worry about it getting into the heating element and messing something up inside there.

smokiyee
08-08-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm a vape freak too and I will tell you, it's not worth it if it's melty, such a PITA to deal with, clogs the screen FAST. Non-melty works AWESOME in the vape, the exhale will be THICK, good stuff.

TheDCE
08-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I wrap the sticky hard hash oil covered screen around the hottest part of my hakkos element. Once on this thing makes quick work of the material, no time for drips :)