PDA

View Full Version : Mr Burns chillum on SMG

dosman
07-25-2009, 06:42 PM
This thing is really cool, I wish had 50 bucks for it. I'm surprised no one has picked it up yet. check it out
http://showmeglass.com/LilB.html

jcreamy420
07-26-2009, 12:15 AM
wonder if hes an apprentice of slinger?

BurgundyHash
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
i dont think he works with sling

lol its not like slinger invented that type of glass tech either

dontstepongrass
07-29-2009, 11:29 AM
no, but he certainly seems to have mastered it...

BurgundyHash
07-29-2009, 07:40 PM

QFT

i just wish slinger was more "experimental" i see alot of his stuff and its just the same shape with an old stencil on it

not to compare apples and oranges but everytime i see D-Wrecks piece im like GOD DAMN and hes got the sick Face marbs on there

and slingers stuff is just the same ol same ol

i give more credit to people who make the designs out of glass rather then trace some design on it and blast it

jcreamy420
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
QFT

i just wish slinger was more "experimental" i see alot of his stuff and its just the same shape with an old stencil on it

not to compare apples and oranges but everytime i see D-Wrecks piece im like GOD DAMN and hes got the sick Face marbs on there

and slingers stuff is just the same ol same ol

i give more credit to people who make the designs out of glass rather then trace some design on it and blast it'

slinger is very experimental his entire style was one giant experiment no one had tried to layer color washes on top of stenciled slides. everyone is stuck on that switchback tip right now... glass marbles with enlarged icons in them have been around since I started to smoke my friend had a dry pipe with yoda in it back in the days

i've never seen anything like Slinger does until he did it

BurgundyHash
07-29-2009, 08:37 PM
lol its not like slinger invented that type of glass tech either

slinger is very experimental his entire style was one giant experiment no one had tried to layer color washes on top of stenciled slides

do your homework before you say stuff like that man

slinger didnt invent that technique at all so you obviously dont know what your talking about jcreamy

and i dont know who came up with it buttt i found lil b before i knew who slinger wass(not saying lil b invented it)

as Chris Rock would say
"Yo, man, you a tracer, okay? Nobody else got the heart to tell you. You trace. You go around the lines. You are a tracer, okay? You think Fat Albert had a tracer? No! Bill Cosby did the whole thing with a roller, and it was excellent!"

and im not saying i dont like slingers work i do ALOT but ive seen all of his stencils a billion times on every other piece

jcreamy420
07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
i never said he came up with stenciling im from LA buddy we know all about stencils

his work is graffiti inspired, and his WASH AND LAYERING TECHNIQUE is what i said he invented.

BurgundyHash
07-29-2009, 08:52 PM
so then lets see some proof if your so sure...

ToRo Head
07-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Saying slinger isnt "experimental" is like saying all us glass heads dont love good weed and good p$$$y lol! Slinger kills anything he puts his hands on u just have to look all over b4 u say u see the same ol slinger i see new slingers daily on the other site i go on like this!

bubblecrack
07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I see a few dudes using the pinstripes sandblasting style. blue, lil b, slinger, and d-wreck. i have to agree d-wreck seems to be the most original. Don't slinger's icons usually "pop out" though? I have only seen one d-wreck sherly and a blue slide in person but I dont remember anything popping out. I don't think i've seen the pop out effect on anyone elses pinstriped sandblasting.

SteveSmokeyJones
08-04-2009, 07:31 AM
burgandy
when we are on the internet we are all welcome to have our own voices be heard so hear is mine.comparing artists work is cool.but to say one is better then the other well are we glass blowers? u personally studied these techs or are u basing your knowledge on here say? who wrote that book and how many copies are in print? .i love when consumers start doing reports on things that they are not qualifed to speak on.i think the sun is green.

gimpymoses
08-04-2009, 04:41 PM
haha, well said Steve. Anyway, Sling is the man and will always be the man. His work kills it EVERY TIME, and personally I feel like his work beats all the others doing blasting today. My opinion again... :)