PDA

View Full Version : getting NOTHING from 1gal/8bag kit

tyler
07-26-2009, 12:21 AM
is it because it was leaf trim/sugar trim together?
i did it 3 times, 99% sure i got it correct 2 times.
97% correct 1st time. used a manual stir method all throughout.
result = 0 hash. nothing but wet plant material in some bags.

reason - too little bags? should i use 5gal ones if i have trim that is not separated?
am i doing something wrong? its not brain chemistry... :pipe:

thinking of selling my 1gal 8bag kit and a) not bothering with my trim anymore, just going to throw it all away b) buy the 5gal 8bag kit and give a try with that - there MUST be some results with those, right?
i mean the amount of trim i can use is lots, there must be SOME crystals on those leaves, right?
am i growing some super rare strain without any trichomes on the leaves? lots of questions, i'd really appreciate at least some answers :)

please check out my FIRST thread on the SAME topic. (http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727)

thank you in advance!

OnlyHighGrade
07-26-2009, 12:41 AM
could be your material. that or mixing time. you don't wanna do it too long or you will just get sludge.

However, you won't get much of a yield out of a 1 gal set. I have a 1 gal set and I use it for smaller more personal batches. :pipe:

I find it's only practical to run an ounce to ounce and a half of material at a time thru the 2 gals. Average yield is 10% over all so you're really only gonna yield 2.8 - 4.2 g (about), and that's out of all 8 bags combined so it can look like almost nothing in each bag.

I wouldn't give up. maybe just save ur trim for longer and get the 5 gals if yield is what you are after.

Have fun. hope this helps. don't get discouraged.

aqualungs
07-26-2009, 02:09 PM
SUGARY TRIM, you should be able to see the trichomes on your trim, not sure why you are asking us if there should be trichs on them. If I can't see the trichs I toss that trim, only keep what is SUGARY. I use a 1 gallon set and use a sandwich bag- 2 sandwich bags of fresh frozen trim. Always end up with I'm gonna say 2-3 grams, I don't weigh it I smoke it. Make sure you through away your big fan leaves if theres nothing on them or use them for something else. If you want to get a good return there has to be a nice quantity of heads waiting to be broken off and collected in your bags.

smokiyee
07-27-2009, 02:11 AM
The first question I have is are you using enough ice? You need copious amounts of ice if the water isn't already super cold. The more ice the marrier, I put so much in a few cubes fly out, that's a good thing. GL

P.S Are you letting the iced material sit for 30 minutes or so... I let mine soak for 30 40 minutes, I go back and check and make sure it's still full of ice, if not, top off on a little water too.

anhedonia
05-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Don't run your debris leaf. When you trim prepare the buds for the hash pile by first removing any fan leaves that have no resin/glands/trichomes that you can visibly see. Then trim off all the tips of the sugar leaves, mainly large ones that have resin at the base of the leaf but bare leaf tips. Thats crap. Trash it. You should be left with an unmanicured branch that only has resin on it. All that trim goes to hash.

Dianamite
05-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, this is a very old post... but my first question would be, are you sure you are putting the bags in the bucket in the correct order? Take a look at the photos in our instructions (http://www.bubblebag.com/instructions/index.php) - the purple bag goes into the bucket first, so that it is the last bag that you pull out.

It seems like a silly thing to ask, but it would definitely not be the first time that somebody made this mistake - for a beginner the process can be confusing. So, in case somebody else is reading this because they are getting nothing from their bags... that's the first thing to check.

Having said that, it does sound like you might be using mostly fan leaves without crystals on them, and if that is the case then you've already gotten some great advice on how to fix that problem!

Dianamite
Manager
BubbleBag.com