PDA

View Full Version : a few questions for the bubbleman

A-G-B
03-02-2008, 02:52 AM
hey bubbleman whats up
great forum here lots of keen info.. cheers
i just bought a bubblebag 5 gallon 8 bag kit its not my first set of bags but its an upgrade from what i was using.

i have a few questions about making dank bubble.

1. if i am doing a few runs in a night is it good enough to dip(rinse) the bags off in a 5 gallon bucket. or should every bag get dipped and rinsed in between every run?

2. do u use coffee filters to dry your powdered wet hash? doesn't cardboard add fibers to your hash?

3. what is the optimum temperature to dry bubble hash? is it a good idea to use a propagation heat mat under the cardboard?

5 why does my hash sometimes turn black when it started off blond? is it oxidization?

4. in a couple of threads i read that you no longer brick your hash
why not? does it compromise the hash?

5. what temperature should hash be heated before eating?

thanks allot for your time
Good Vibes

fullmeltbubble
03-02-2008, 03:02 AM
i'll answer a few for ya, and let bubbleman handle the rest

1.)its always smart to rinse each bag after getting pulled, makes it easy, and a sure fire way for keeping your bags pristine

2.)after spooning out the hash, take the hash and put it in between the screen that comes with the bags, LIGHTLY take a towel or paper towel and absorb moisture, being careful not to press to hard. as far as fibers from cardboard? not quite sure, but cardboard absorbs moisture great

oaxacaspice
03-02-2008, 07:24 AM
i'll answer a few for ya, and let bubbleman handle the rest

1.)its always smart to rinse each bag after getting pulled, makes it easy, and a sure fire way for keeping your bags pristine

From what I've been reading, it's also VERY important to rinse them in cold water and not use hot water that can melt the trichomes and clog the screens [just making sure, since I'm a novice].

Paz y mas...

Bubbleman
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Hey A-G-B welcome to the site. Let me try and answer those questions for you in the order you asked them

1. if i am doing a few runs in a night is it good enough to dip(rinse) the bags off in a 5 gallon bucket. or should every bag get dipped and rinsed in between every run?

i RINSE AND CLEAN EVERY BAG EVERY SINGLE TIME. ALLOWING BUBBLE TO DRY ON THE SCREEN ( AND IT WILL FAST) IS TO ALLOW YOUR BAGS TO DEGRADE AND START WORKING LESS AND LESS EFFICIENTLY

2. do u use coffee filters to dry your powdered wet hash? doesn't cardboard add fibers to your hash?
I USE A THICK CARDBOARD AND I FIND THAT IT DOES NOT ADD FIBRE TO MY HASH AT ALL, IN FACT I SHOOT ALOT OF MY HASH NOW WITH A MACRO LENS AND IT LOOKS PRETTY CLEAN. I HAVE USED COFFEE FILTERS A LONG TIME AGO AND FOUND THAT WITH THE AMOUNT OF WATER IN THE HASH THAT ITS MORE LIKELY TO STICK TO YOUR HASH AFTERWARDS THAN A NICE THICK ( TRIPLE CORRUGATED) CARDBOARD.

3. what is the optimum temperature to dry bubble hash? is it a good idea to use a propagation heat mat under the cardboard?
THE TEMPERATURE SHOULD BE AROUND 17c FOR ROOM TEMP. THE HASH MOSTLY WILL BE DRIED BY DESSICANT IE CARDBOARD. IT WILL PULL THE MOISTURE FROM THE HASH USING GRAVITY AS ITS ALLIE. ABSORBING THE WATER INTO IT AS IT FALLS, AND DRYING , THIS PROCESS WILL REPEAT ITSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL THE HASH IS VOID OF MOISTURE.

5 why does my hash sometimes turn black when it started off blond? is it oxidization?

THE HEADS WILL DARKEN WHEN APPLIED TO HEAT OR PRESSURE, AND OF COURES TO LIGHT AS WELL. i HAVE TAKEN VERY LIGHT COLOURED HASH AND TURNED IT INTO A GOLDEN BRICK WITH A FEW QUICK RUBS OF THE FINGERS. PRESSURE AND HEAT WILL DO THIS MUCH QUICKER THAN LIGHT ITSELF. BUT ALL THREE WILL CONTRIBUTE OVER TIME TO THE DARKENING OF THE TERPENES AND TERPENOIDS

4. in a couple of threads i read that you no longer brick your hash
why not? does it compromise the hash?
I REALLY ONLY HAVE HASH FOR ONE THING, TO SMOKE IT . OVER THE YEARS I HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT BONE DRY BUBBLE POWDER IS THE BEST FORM. IT SMOKES GREAT IN THE ROOR, AS LONG AS THE SCREEN IS NICE AND CLEAN. WHEN THE HASH IS IN PRESSED FORM IT SMOLDERS INSTEADS OF LIGHT. I PREFER A NICE QUICK LIGHT, FLASH BURN OF MY BUBBLE HITS.

5. what temperature should hash be heated before eating?
I DONT EAT TO MUCH HASH, BUT I CAN TELL YOU HEAT ISNT THE IMPORTANT FACTOR ITS THE SOLUBILITY. YOU NEED SOMETHING LIKE BUTTER OR VEGETABLE OIL TO ABSORB AND ACT AS A CARRIER INTO YOUR SYSTEM. ONLY THEN WILL THE THC AND OTHER CANNABINOIDS BE ALLOWED TO METABOLIZE IN YOUR LIVER TURNING THE THC' INTO 11HYDROXY-METABOLYTE, SOMETHING ALL TOGETHER DIFFERENT.

hOPE THAT HELPS MAN

pEACE
BubblemaN

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0528Large.JPG

A-G-B
03-17-2008, 03:59 AM
hey bman thxs for the advice

got a few other question for u if u got the time

1. where do u find triple layered cardboard?

2. whats the best way to smoke bubble through a valcanon

3. is there a look to wet bud that will tell u she will produce in a certain size bag? could u use a mag glass and tell what bags to use?

4. whats your favorite plant to make hash out of?

thanks so much for ur advice
smoking the dry powdered bubble like u said is great!!
GOOD VIBES
AGB

A-G-B
03-17-2008, 04:15 AM
have u ever noticed any difference with hash that was organicly grown vs chem grown hash?

cheers

Bubbleman
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey A-G-B anytime, thats what were here for.

as for your most recent questions ...

1. where do u find triple layered cardboard?

I have used everything from moving boxes , to liquor boxes, both hard and beer. As well as pizza boxes. THe best ones i found personaly where big moving boxes, triply layered and corrugated.

2. whats the best way to smoke bubble through a valcanon

I dont smoke bubble thru the volcano personaly, but they have a piece you can buy , its basicaly a puck made up of wire that you can place bubblehash on top of, so when it melts into the puck, there is alot of space for the smoke to continue thru, that way it doesnt plug right away> I have heard these work so so> I prefer vaping bubble out of a hot glass vaporizer, which is a small wand unit that fits into a specialized bowl, and then slides into any bong. If you do use a volcano, i would raise the temperate to a little past 5 for bubble.

3. is there a look to wet bud that will tell u she will produce in a certain size bag? could u use a mag glass and tell what bags to use?

No there certainly isnt, considering there are thousands if not hundreds of thousand or millions of these gland heads in a small crop. Being able to go thru with your handheld scope, would be near impossible, especialy cause you would need a grid or a background to tell you what is the actual size of each gland. its just not feasable. that is why we always use ALL THE BAGS.

4. whats your favorite plant to make hash out of?

Hard to say really, i have made bubble with so many over the years. of course rene is an old favorite, but its been soo many years since i've had her, i still love bchp bubble, any sativa, ie krush, congo, sweet skunk , haze, kali mist, etc are all great.
I could go on and on and on> I just love full melt hash, and there are literaly hundreds if not thousands of strain that will produce this for you.

As for noticing a difference in organicly grown resin heads as appose to chemicaly grown heads. I find a difference mainly in the taste, but because most of the chemical fertilizers end up staying in the plant matter, the resin itself isnt as affected by chemical plant fertilizer. However the qaulity of the terpene and terpenoids content, is definitly tastier in my opinion from a nice organicly grown crop.Much like its different in apples that are chemicaly grown and organicly grown. Ya just get a little bit sweeter of a hit out of a nice OG crop>< IMO>

Hope that helps man
Peace
BUbble man

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///DSC08001Large.JPG