PDA

View Full Version : Good yield, but real green...Help

Heavyweighter
07-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey, this is my first post on this forum. I have been lurking around here for a while, taking in all of this valuable info.

I recently ran my first run the other week and was fairly content with the results. I do have one question for anyone who is willing to help me out. My yeild was solid, but after 5 days of drying, the resulting hash was a very deep green in color. I have been reviewing many of the pictures on this site, and most of the quality hash seems to have that light to dark brown, rich color. I was wondering why my results might be so far from ideal.

My method involves a 3 bag kit (220, 75, 25) I know the 8 bag kit is ideal, but I will be purchasing that in the future and 3 bags is what I have to make work. I used 175 grams of trim and mashed it for 10 min by hand with a wooden spoon. Lots of time was alotted for the tricks to sink to the bottom and my mix was real cold. The hash was chopped up and put out to dry on cardboard.

At first, I thought the green was because I beat my mash up to hard, but I only did ten minutes by hand. I am wondering, do certain strains of weed yeild greenish hash, even with a solid extraction method? Any tips, suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Some of the members here really know how to achieve the FMCD. I am just looking to reach that level of perfection.

Thanks for any and all feedback...

YukonBikerGuy
07-28-2009, 01:04 PM
In my experience, the 190µ and the 160µ (and sometimes the 120µ too depending on the starting material) can often be greenish.... closer to the top of the stack and closer to the beaten veg material in the 220µ. From the sound of it, I'd bet it was dry trim, not fresh? Dry material breaks up a lot more than fresh, even on a short hand stir, resulting in a lot more fine particulated plant matter that makes it through to the hash, giving it a greenish tint. I'd try fresh frozen trim, and add at least the 160µ bag to catch the cooking/joint grade hash and keep the greeness out of the sweet spot.

Different strains often make the water very different colors when making hash. I have had everything from super bright lime green to purple so dark it was almost black.

FMCD is most attainable with the full 8 bag set, to seperate the trich heads by size and take the FMCD out of the 'general' hash. If the 90µ and the 73µ are melty, but have the non-melty grades mixed in, the hash won't melt.

Hope this helps some, good luck.
YBG

Green Supreme
07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
The problem is your kit you chose not your method. You see your kit has no cleaning bags{190 and 160} so no cleaning happens, it all goes in your hash. I make hash with dry trim all the time. For best quality more bags is better. Seems to me like that is what you are looking for but yet you bought the 3 bag kit. The primo will not often come from the less expensive tools. Good luck. Peace GS

YukonBikerGuy
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Color me green, Green. I have the tools, one day I too will get some melty melt from dry trim. :)

Heavyweighter
07-29-2009, 10:29 PM
thanks for the responses guys. Yukon biker guy... You are a fountain of information, and I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Looks like I will have to add a few more bags to my collection.

Thanks again guys...