PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the northeast usa.

Robiam
07-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all the posters who have helped me on my first hash making venture. I have been reading for days after I found a link on 420 web site. Great info here if you look around.
I have a small 2-4 plant grow in my basement so I have enough trim and goods.
My first try will be around 80g cured G13 haze in freezer now. I also have 2 big bud plants that will be ready to harvest within a week. So that will be a run of fresh for me to try out.
Just a few ?
Is 80g cured enough for a 5 gal run? Just add some ice then g13 then some water should be ok I guess.

I already cut the buds up into pieces before I read a post that you dont want to cut buds up. Should I or not?

When I harvest my plants I will use 1 for hash. I will just cut the buds off trim them and put into a freezer bag freeze and use that way. Do I have to worry about mildew? I will use in a day or so after I freeze. The same with the trim except it might be a little longer till I can run them.

Wish me luck, any tips?
Rob

mean mr.mustard
08-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Let me say high since nobody's welcomed me and it seems like no one would.... Hello and welcome to the forums :) eighty grams sounds like a great amount for five gallon bags if you're using straight bud. Oh yeah Good luck :D

bubblecrack
08-03-2009, 07:39 PM
sup mane, lol throwing in 80 grams for hash is pretty hardcore good for you. I would break the buds up into shake and remove all the stems before adding it to water. You're trying to get the trichomes to falloff so naturally you will get more to fall the more its broken up.

Although i've never done a bud only extraction i would probably do my trim and bud extractions seperately (2 different runs) because the bud only "goop" that you take out of the first bag with the bud only run will be more reusable than the trim only run.

I recommend using the instructions from the Jorge Cervantes. There are steps in that one I didn't see in the other tutorials that I found very helpful.

good luck

Robiam
08-03-2009, 11:09 PM
mean mr.mustard- Thanks for the greeting, hope to be a help to somebody as I have gotten alot from just reading. Seems like they buy and sell alot of glass here. Really pricey stuff, I have a small glass bong and a herbalaire vaporizer. Works for me.

bubblecrack- 80g dry bud might seem alot but with a small grow going it adds up. I will not sell any. I give a bit to a few friends but its hard to explain where it comes from. Thats why I started growing, good smoke was to hard to find, cost too much and was not safe. The bubble hash turned out pretty good if I say so myself. I figure I got about 8-10g in all. You can see pics under my profile I think they are public.
Will try some fresh bud and trim soon for hash. When I think of all the trim I trashed its a shame I didnt find out sooner. I am looking for that tutorial right now thanks.
Rob