PDA

View Full Version : 1st try worked!!

Robiam
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
I ran my first run yesterday and was impressed how efficient it was. I didn’t weigh my cured g 13 haze but there was around 80g dry in 4 jars total. The buds were cut up before I put into the fridge to chill.
First run 10 minutes mixed by hand in a 5 gal bucket. Then dumped into another 5gal with 4 set of screens.
This really looks nice. Nice light color very sticky hard to chop. The 2nd run was a little greener but still sticky.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=502

Pretty happy with the results. I also did a 3rd run, just wanted to see if any thing was leftover. I got some but it was really green and stringy so I dont think it is any good. Will give away and find out.
I am going to dry for a few days then store it away. currently job hunting and have to be ready for the pot test:mad: that I am sure will come. So no smoke test from me right now anyway, sucks big time!
A few questions for the readers.

1. I cut the g 13 buds up into pieces before I read a post that you dont want to cut buds up. Should I or not?

2. When I harvest a Big Bud plant I have thats ready to harvest I will use it for hash. I will just cut the buds off trim them and put into a freezer bag freeze and use that way. Do I have to worry about mildew? I will use in a day or so after I freeze. The same with the trim except it might be a little longer till I can run them.

3. What do you use to store the hash in?

4. I dont want to press it and will it affect the shelf life if I dont press it?

Great info here, could not have done it without all the post I read. And the glass is awesome.
Thanks to all for the help.

BurgundyHash
08-01-2009, 01:08 AM
wow nice lookin hash good job

smokiyee
08-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah looks good, now chop it up into little chunks to dry it all the way.

permaculture
08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
My best stab at answers:

1: I cut mine up. Now see what others recommend, I guess.

2. Should be no problem at all if you're not going to smoke them. Some people recommend fresh herb, not cured.

3. Wash out glass jars, like jam, pesto, or drinking chocolate jars. For tiny samples I use miniscule single serving jam jars I liberated from the cafeteria.

4. Shelf life of unpressed powder is shorter than for a pressed block, due to the hugely greater surface area.

If you store it carefully and smoke it up fast enough, it won't lose potency. How long will it keep? Probably months rather than weeks but it depends on how carefully you control the storage conditions.

Robiam, you are a hashmaker and I salute you sir! It's an ancient and honorable craft. Your diligence will be rewarded. :)