PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

DaNK
08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
When you go into a headshop, other than glass what would you like too see? I am talking clothing, head wear, candles, etc... The reason I ask is that I am trying to put together a good line-up of items you dont normally see in a headshop. Something your like wow I wish I could get that here type of thing.http://www.glassdistrict.com/forums/images/scared.gif
Another reason I am asking you guys is you frequent these types of establishments all the time and each and every one of you have an opinion. Lets hear them!

Peace~Dank!

Green Supreme
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Papers, filters, glass cleaner, book, mags, Bubblebags, Bubbleboxes, vaporizers,scales, BC bags, mushroom kits, entheogenic plants, blunt wraps, vapor lounge with munchies,clothes, shoes, hats, jackets and most important pretty counter staff that can puff tuff. Just a few things off the top me head. Good luck. Peace GS

COOPAROO
08-02-2009, 05:29 PM
bee-line, grunge off, ashtrays.... and some nag champa lol

DaNK
08-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Papers, filters, glass cleaner, book, mags, Bubblebags, Bubbleboxes, vaporizers,scales, BC bags, mushroom kits, entheogenic plants, blunt wraps, vapor lounge with munchies,clothes, shoes, hats, jackets and most important pretty counter staff that can puff tuff. Just a few things off the top me head. Good luck. Peace GS

I wish I could do some of these things. We live in the USA Green lol. Tennessee to be exact. I would love to open the first vapor lounge here. If they approve MMJ in November it will be done.

Green Supreme
08-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Well ya still gotta have at least the pretty counter staff. LOL. Peace GS

amtbps
08-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Where in Tenn are you Dank? I agree with the most important thing being having a well educated staff, over anything else. This will bring better customers and give your shop a much better reputation, more so than just having heady glass.

DaNK
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Absolutely I agree having a knowledgeable staff will bring business. I live in Memphis. I am opening up by The University of Memphis. Huge campus and I am sure lots of tokers. What I need to know is what are you younger guys and gals looking for when you go into a store. Other than glass of course. Are you looking for a cool shirt or hat or are you looking for a nice piece of hand blown art or jewelry...

DCALLSTARR
08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Seeing as your looking for stuff you wouldnt "normally" find in headshops.. id say your trying to be ahead of the curve, a little innovative? thats what i love to hear!

my instincts point towards..

A. any kind of obscure hemp products to sort of show off the versatility of the plant:
hemp clothing and other textiles, sandals and shoes, tote bags and hats, etc. also hemp oil products such as hand lotions and whatever other beauty products for the ladies you can find..

B. any smoking/glass/grow/culture related reading materials, and more:
you could put furniture in your store a few couches, chairs and tables. people can look at your reading material available for purchase. we all know the typical ones like hightimes and skunk but you can also get glass aficionado stocked, other glass journals and grow journals. you can get DVDs as well. perhaps you can also have coffee and tea to serve to patrons. have it be a comfortable environment to chill in, not just come in buy what you need and split. build a relationship with your consumers, you know?

C. Display cases you can sell to other glassheads..

ps i also agree, pretty and friendly, but knowledgeable counter staff to greet customers and answer any questions they need.

ToRo Head
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Beeline,different kinds of papers, U COULD B ONE OF THE FEW CARRY HAKKO,cool bics,tshrits,posters,glass art not pipes but art, those sandels burkinstocks or whatever they call them, a drink case water,redbull,soda etc, statsh boxes,420 jars,something for true glass heads to put their glass in aka glass show case, theirs so many things a lil medicated but some of those r good ideas!

good luck dank u should join TC to get in contact with alot of the headie artist! one thing ive notice in buffalo is we have 5 headshops that r well known but then h2h open up and was the only one that had headie glass,toros and so on and they pretty much took over in the glass game!

ONE THING U CAN DO THAT WOULD REALLY HELP U GET YOUR NAME OUT IS B ONE OF THE FEW SHOPS THAT CARRY ROOR.DE!

yawbus
08-03-2009, 12:36 AM
I would think for sure beeline, grunge off, magazines, if your gonna be by a college i bet you could sell longboards, and it would be nice to have some good local music to purchase along with other good music. I think most important is nice knowledgeable staff and a good selection of glass.

gazstove
08-03-2009, 01:18 AM
I agree with the RooR.DE idea, to see some coil illadelphs would be awesome as they're a tad more exclusive and hard to find than toro or sov.

Maybe CD's? you'd definitely want to stock dvds one thing that comes to mind is any of jorge cervantes' work or any other high times productions.

jah240
08-05-2009, 07:01 AM
make sure you get a bomb ass website so we can buy ur glass

ToRo Head
08-05-2009, 09:11 PM
make sure u DO NOT GET POLLIN PRESSES! was at my local shop yesterday looking for one and the owner told me they do not carry them cause its directly for weed theirs no other purpose for it! and the authoritys have no problems getting anything they need to do a raid cause of the pollin press!

DaNK
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/dankone_2007/UTOPIA-LOGOS.jpg

Bottom LOGO??

DaNK
08-06-2009, 03:10 AM
This is the one we are using. Finishing some editing I have to do on the U and the M. To blingy for me with all the extra fling. But check it out. Also gonna see how it looks with more smoke.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/dankone_2007/UTOPIA-LOGOS-1.jpg

amtbps
08-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Looks good. Just as a logo?

You should put out special edition tee's and get people to rock them. I know I would. Maybe do a design contest, with glass as a prize?

DaNK
08-06-2009, 03:20 AM
as our sign and logo

gbk.xscape
08-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Yea, I can't stress the knowledgeable staff well enough. A few of the dispensaries around me hire pretty girls to be budtenders but when I start asking them real questions they fail. Questions like how it smokes, if its a hybrid/sativa/indica, what it is crossed with and all that. I would much rather have a overweight 40 year old man helping me who knows his stuff than a pretty blonde who knows very little about the bud.

amtbps
08-06-2009, 03:21 AM
What font did you use?

chilidog332001
08-06-2009, 05:47 AM
make sure u DO NOT GET POLLIN PRESSES! was at my local shop yesterday looking for one and the owner told me they do not carry them cause its directly for weed theirs no other purpose for it! and the authoritys have no problems getting anything they need to do a raid cause of the pollin press!

Uh its quite common knowledge most people working in headshops owner or not, are idiots. They are called "pollen presses" for a reason, not a kief press.

Tobacco doesn't have kief, but every headshop still sells "tobacco grinders" with [kief] screens in them. Same thing with a "pollen press," it's all just headshop jargon.

DaNK
08-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Ha bitches finally finished the final logo. Tell me what you think.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/dankone_2007/gview.png

gimpymoses
08-25-2009, 05:44 AM
Sick custom Slide stands (talk to JBB), Hakko soldering irons, k-clips, grunge-off, Sick heady stash jars ie: Cowboy, Lostin..ect..

cheesebox
08-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I really don't like anything but glass in a headshop, if I walk in and see dildos and bondage toys its rather cumbersome and annoying as a dedicated glass-head. If you do decide to have more in your product line besides just glass, I would suggest some nice shirts, try to work with local artists, theirs tons of silkscreener's out their who make sick shirts and dont get rep or respect. Possibly do something like shirt.woot and rotate a artist of the day for both glass and shirts! I also really hate when headshop's sell JUNK please don't fill a shop with products that aren't high quality, if its china shit make sure its atleast thick china shit, and label everything. If you can label all the display cases "Toro" "Roor" "Import" It would be alot nicer for customers. Make sure if you do hire staff that all your staff are atleast *capable* of handling the customers, theirs nothing more annoying then asking for help, then having the staff member go, shit I dont know, let me ask someone else, and the process repeats and you stand around waiting for someone knowledgeable to show up. Also we are willing to spend money to keep are nice glass safe like others have said, small display cases that lock would be sweet, and slide holders are nice too. Be willing to take custom orders, if you dont advertise that your taking them chances are people wont ask, most artists you work with wont have a problem busting out a custom and you get rep as the source for sick glass.

Heres a break down on my headshop rules for success

1. Focus on the glass
2. Keep it classy (no dildos and crap products)
3. Communicate properly with customers (knowledgeable, friendly, helpful)
4. GOOD LIGHTING ***this is important, bad lighting makes glass look bad)
5. Mark sticker prices competitively, we aren't stupid.

DaNK
08-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Trust me when I say there will be no dildos or adult novelty bullshit in my store. we will be carrying shirts and other stuff but no china glass or stupid bullshit!

Telperion
08-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I really like the aforementioned idea of carrying hemp textiles and clothing items created from hemp to emphasize the utility of the plant. Also carrying the lotions made from hemp would be cool too. I use a hemp lotion from Wal Mart that smells really nice and keeps my dry skin very moisturized. I'm sure the product is not as right on as it could be, or it wouldn't be sold by Wally World, but these are some products that are making their way into the mainstream so a head shop should promote an even better type of product. I wish I had some suggestions for sites and products of that kind, but I don't. I do think it will help the marketability of our legalization push though if we continue to show diversity and utility in the usage of the fiber of the cannabis plant. Clothing will be the big one though. Sandals, shirts, shorts, hats, hoodies....all made from hemp fiber. And of course all the other suggestions too for the glass, filters, ash trays, etc.... One things I don't see a great deal of that are really nice to have at festivals or concerts and what not are CHILLUMS. Small and portable - not overly conspicuous when you need to lie low. Chillums rock the public smoke in a legally 'unfriendly' location. And they are glass! They can be hidden by the palm of a hand versus a glass pipe with a carb. Just an opinion. OK, I'll shut up now. BEST OF LUCK!!!!

cheesebox
08-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Too bad your not in NY dank, id love to visit your shop sounds like your going to do this right. Papers, Rollers, Zippos, some lighters, a few boxes of high quality cigars and if you can get them TI pipe screens, they seem to be hard to come by but its something I would really love to be able to get at headshops, Also if you sell concentrate bowls and bells that would be super strait. Hemp clothing is a good idea, I would focus on gear with stash pockets, ive seen shoes with stash pockets in the tongue, boxers with a stash pocket directly in the crotch, tons of good stoner oriented clothing.

Frosty
08-25-2009, 06:37 PM
some super-comfortable furniture would be pretty chill.

like those foldable fuzzy chairs that you never want to get out of

omg i wanna go buy one now

Freebird17
08-25-2009, 10:00 PM
some super-comfortable furniture would be pretty chill.

like those foldable fuzzy chairs that you never want to get out of

omg i wanna go buy one now

YES! I second, third and fourth this! Finding comfortable portable furniture is pretty difficult

ToRo Head
08-26-2009, 12:49 AM
ONe thing that help my local shop take over in buffalo was their toro prices! as sonn as peps heard in my town u can get toros for the best prices around everybody and i mean everybody started buying their glass from them even made a few smaller shops close. the reason i say this is because they got people to come in based on toro prices but thus doing that all their other glass product were seen then sold!

so u should try and get a good hook on toro or sgs!

hears a few prices of toro shit sticker that is with out discounts!
toro ac circ 130
toro tc 150
toro disc to straight 275
toro 7 to 13 640 same with teh disc to 13
720 to 740 for 8 slit 13 arm inlines
750 for 13 to 17!

THESE PRICES MADE THIS SHOP THE BEST LOCAL SHOP IN BUFFALO! SO im sure it will b the same for you if u guys get toro products around these prices! u will take over the market in your town which means more money in your pockets!

kweb1989
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
~Maybe try to have seasonal themes for times of year? maybe some winter, spring, summer and fall themes..even holidays? decoration and also glass arts.
~Try some store events.. idk like special guests.
~In hopes of having Laws change, even some medical/herbal foods and snacks. cookies, home made sauces, etc.
~possible 420scopes, blunt rollers, figureines (i like the Jamaican stash guy near my pc), pipe cleaner, salvia, posters

~maybe even have a hydro catalog or two for growers to order and pick up from
~hmm some people mentioned other things...

GOOD LUCK. Hope these helped shine a new vision, :pipe:

~KDubz~

ToRo Head
08-27-2009, 12:25 AM
by the way sick logo really diggin it dank!

hope your wife is well and felling better asap!

sakuraba201
06-13-2014, 03:59 AM
I usually check vapes and grinders other than glass. And you can put some art glasses too! They are more outstanding and catches customers' eyes! Good Luck.