PDA

View Full Version : First Grow Journal

carlitos
08-05-2009, 01:49 AM
High fmb!!! Anyone that knows me from the cannabischat knows that all it alk about is this first grow which ive been waiting on for years. So i think its time to post up the things im considering buying fomr my first indoor grow and have my fmb community comment on what i need more or what should i change. I think i should start out by saying im growing some Klar seeds (thanks Batiba and Hashbean), i got about lets say 25 seeds of this G-13 prodotype. Due to time issues and me moving in about a year form my current residence i have chosen to grow from seeds to bud, and not keep any mother for cloning. I also want to grow soil for my first grow since it is a lot easier than soiless or hydro. I plan to grow 11 plants, but have been thinking of just growing as much plants as i can possible fit that germinate into females. This is my set up i have planed until now:

The lighting and lights im getting from this site:http://www.progressive-growth.com/proddetail.php?prod=sh-pk-44&cat=81

Sun Hut XL Growers package.

Package Includes:

Sunhut XL (4x4 indoor greenhouse)
Vortex 4" Exhaust fan
Lumatek 600 watt 120 volt digital ballast
Sylvania Plantastar 600 watt HPS Bulb
Pro Ultra Reflector
Eco Plus Digital Timer

The lighting in this package comes pre wired ready to use.

I plan to also add a carbon filter that goes with the vortex 4"inch exhaust fan to eliminate odor in my studio apartment. Do i need a fan for intake? also do i need something for odor for the intake? Any other ideas o how to make sure theres no odor in my apt?

For CO2 since its such a small grow i plan to do it the natural way and just make my own CO2 without the use of gas.

I also plan on purchasing a small fan or 2 small fans to circulate the air.

Also planning on buying a thermometer to keep track of the temperature. Any suggestions? also i really dont know a lot about humidity and how to keep it, any suggestion in a device that reads the humidity or how to control it please post.

As i said i plan on growing with soil so i think im going with FOX Farm Ocean Floor Soil Mix and using the basic big bloom form fox farm and the grow big for the veg. Ive herd about the triple package with the tiger bloom, any advice on that? my strain is a 100% indica so i expect fast flowering.

Also should i buy perlite to give it more air to the roots? which one do you guy suggest and how should i mix it?

Im using simple pots or probably bags.

Any suggestion on watering? i think im just going to use basic water methods or should i use a resoirvoir and mix in the nutes and the whole bang? i really dont understand what reservoir should i use for my small grow in terms of size and what are the advantages considering i have such a small grow.

Also any suggestion on what to use for germination would be helpfull.

carlitos
08-05-2009, 02:51 AM
thanks man im definitely getting a carbon filter with that, what should i use for the intake though? just let the flaps open for pasiive intake? the smell wouldnt leak right?

yeah i plan to germinate from jiffy pots for sure and then transplant. I wanted to use pro mix but since im a beginner i think my plants will do better in soil, dont want to over nute them myself and i plan to lightly use the package from for farm.

what about a moisture meter for the soil? are they worth it?

defenitly good idea on pre setting everything and checking the temperature, thats a must do thanks bro!!

carlitos
08-05-2009, 03:29 AM
thanks for the help man ill reevaluate the soil thing and post on my final decision but u answered one of my biggest doubts the air intake lol

carlitos
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
i defenitly want to do soil because i think its simpler. ill do some fox farm ocean floor and mix it pretty much 30% perlite to let that mofo breath lol. WHat about heating pads for the germination are they really worth it? i think that will guarantee me better germination...for the nutes although i was planing on using the fox farm products i recently have cheked the biobizz nutes and they look a little more complete. anyone use the BioBizz 5 part system on soil? i plan to hand water my plants and not use a reservoir do to space issues, unless if u guys really suggest it i guess i can find a miracle to make it fit in my studio apartment.
-thanks fmb for all your input..."mas fino que hazeeee!!!!"

Green Supreme
08-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Have heard foxfarms can be hard on young'uns so be careful if you have to use that one. As to the heat pads heat shouldn't be a huge issue in summer. I used on once and over night it dried out my cuts and they died, so again I suggest you are careful . Good luck. Peace GS

carlitos
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
wow everyone keeps telling me that they are hard on the young ones..even if i germinate in jiffy pots and then trasfer them to the soil? ill guess ill stay away from the heating pads until winter comes around. im doin g a straight from seed to bud and not keeping any cuttings for mother plant do to time restrains and space restrains. i plan to move out of state in 1 year.
-thanks GS

Green Supreme
08-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Might be ok if they were like a foot when you put them into the foxfarms. Peace GS

carlitos
08-07-2009, 08:12 PM
So what do you recomend? wait for them to grow that bigs in the jiffy??? Or use another soil or medium?

etncrew
08-07-2009, 11:37 PM
i wouldn't use jiffy pots because like terra cota they leach moisture from the soil.....just my two cents though

Hieronymus Bosch
08-08-2009, 12:26 AM
I've used Fox Farms Ocean Forest and mixed it 50/50 with perilite with seeds in the soil since germ, and didn't have any issues...I wonder if its just some strains.

carlitos
08-08-2009, 12:58 AM
could be hieronymus bosch..im growing a pretty strong 100& indica so it may hold...any suggestion on alternative soils? what do you recomend etncrew to use instead of jiffy pots. Really guys i cant thank you all more for the input, amazed on how many replies ive gotten so far. thanks people

etncrew
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
anything that doesn't retain water i guess carlito...i use beer cups, small plastic pots, anything i can get my hands on really