PDA

View Full Version : Stemless Disk Diffused Question

TokerDS
08-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Just got a new stemless disk diffused to 13arm perc from Dr. Lee. Its a great tube with amazing diffusion. However ive noticed that after anytime i take a rip from it the water gets pulled into the tree because the stemless still "gurgles" a bit. At times it will even pull water down from the perc chamber into the bottom chamber. Does anyone else have this with their stemless? If so, how do you combat it, its a minor annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

amtbps
08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
How much water are you putting in it?

TokerDS
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
How much water are you putting in it?

Best answered with pictures:

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/DSchwartz88/IMG_0064.jpg
http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr158/DSchwartz88/IMG_0065.jpg

amtbps
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Looks to be a wee bit too much water on the disc. Make it so it covers the disc to create the water seal.

TokerDS
08-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Looks to be a wee bit too much water on the disc. Make it so it covers the disc to create the water seal.

Took the water down so it was just covering the disk with the slightest bit of water and still the same result. It seems to stem from the fact that when i pull the bowl out and let all the air through the two compartments of the disc chamber never equalize, so the bubble portion will have less water in it pushing the water up above the disk and i need to tip the tube sideways to bring it back down.

EDIT: Checked out a couple of youtube vids, and all seem to suffer from the same issue. Guess it was a trade off for the tech. Let me know if anyone comes up with a solution. Taking the water level done did help with water spilling back into the first chamber from the perc tree up top though.

domm11
08-05-2009, 10:50 PM
I have a disk diffused Toro as well. Your water level is fine you want it a tad bit above the disk, not rite on it. If the water is rite there on the disk, it aint gunna diffuse much.
My only advice to you sir, is try not to rip it as hard :p

chilidog332001
08-06-2009, 05:33 AM
About the stemless...

Everyone always tells me the whole, water right above the disc thing. But I have found to like putting it around half way in between where I think your levels are at (the water refraction in your picture kind of makes this difficult) and right on top of the disc. Because when you pull on the tube, the water level will rise some.

The water being pulled out of the top perc is being caused by too much suction in the opposite direction. Something is causing enough pull below the 13 arm to cause it to suck water up the arm and down into the lower chamber, causing a syphon until the water level reaches the top slit of the diffuser. The water shouldnt be higher than the top slit there anyways, I don't think.

ToRo Head
08-06-2009, 07:32 AM
That was my only issue with the disc toro i had owned it for 3 days b4 selling cause of it! drove me nuts haveing to deal with water levels during a ses. i now stay away and stick with the 8 to 13! but hope u find a solutinon if so let me know i want a disc to 8 thats at my local shop but this issue stops me!

Dread_head_420
08-06-2009, 08:22 AM
My only advice to you sir, is try not to rip it as hard :p

very true

dread

chilidog332001
08-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I can hear the *bloop* it gives in my stemless/straight it gives if I rip it too hard, from the backpressure of the water returning to a static position. I believe this is what causes peoples water to be siphoned out of their upper percs.

On the other hand, I never hear the *bloop* anymore, unless I purposefully rip it too hard. These things take 0 effort to milk, I don't see why it would take such a hard pull to hit one, enough so to cause said siphon.. :confused: Oh well.