PDA

View Full Version : I am the dumbest person to ever own decent glass...

dosman
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
At the start of this summer, i had saved up nearly 2 grand...I've pissed away almost all of it now.

zong was stolen...

ripped off in hawaii...

robbed for 2 o's...

friend owes me several hundred...

and today, I woke up in my new house....

decided to take a shower....

and brought my 22" 12-arm syn beaker in for a cleaning...

which went well, until I got out of the shower, supporting myself on the towel rack, which immediately collapsed leading to me tumbling forwards and knocking my bong onto the granite floor...

completely shattering.

the only decent part left is an 18mm female with a partly broken 18mm male joint.......................but I will be throwing that away as well

this bong was my prize horse.......after all the shit that happened to me I used to say "well, at least for all that work I did I still own the Syn"

RIP baby, I know you will make it to glass heaven.

I am too dumb to own this glass....this is seriously the worst feeling ever. what a way to start my day...

I might want to sell my crown label ash catcher now...any takers....

cheesebox
08-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow that blows man, dont be too hard on yourself, atleast you havent spent around 50g's on a race-car that ends up at the mechanics at the end of the season financially crippling you like clockwork haha.

419gotaminute
08-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Damn bro I am sorry to hear about your SYN may she RIP.Sounds like your luck is as good as mine lol.I just use a roor mini now as my dd I use it 98% of the time.I got so sick of breaking shit I have broke 2 pieces this year myself and it get's expensive very quickly.Keep your head up man I tell myself all the time it can only get better because it is alredy so shitty.I am burning one in her honor.Peace

dosman
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah 419...it just sucks to realize that I am probably just not responsible enough to own expensive glass...like, my average life for a new piece is probably 3-6 months....It's probably just not worth it. please burn one in my honor. this is by far the most expensive glass i've ever broken or lost

amtbps
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
My condolences man. My only remedy would be to get a new piece of glass to replace it, but I suppose that's not on the agenda! Next time get a 9mm!

dosman
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah, sigh...i think I'll save up for a 7mm straight roor....eventually

419gotaminute
08-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Yea bro save up and get the thickest or most functional piece you can afford.Then at least if something happens (hopefully not) it wont be so bad.Tile and granite are definatly not our glasses best friend.One of the pieces I lost cost me just over 5 bills and I had it 2 week's :( .I broke out my "special piece" in honor of her RIP.Like I said bro stay up man it'll get better.

dosman
08-07-2009, 05:12 PM
ROFL 419 you are making me feel better dude.

The funny thing is I am so retarded that...

every time I break a piece, I remember not to be dangerous in that way again. It's like laerning a new rule. you break a piece fighting with your friend = no fights near the pieces. you break a piece running - be more cautious with a piece in your pocket. etc etc...maybe I will have to break 100 pieces before I learn enough rules...ROFL.

U know what guys, fuck this anyway

I am going all out hustle until the end of summer...

at the end of the summer, I am giong to get a sick piece....You all will be proud of me

until then I"lll smoke out of my crown label ashcatcher....and maybe get a mouth piece for it. anyone wanna sell me one cheap....i have some left over paypal money

bighaze420
08-07-2009, 05:13 PM
get a 9mill thick with a super bistbal joint straight tube that shouldnt break and if it does it was bound to happen

amtbps
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Just seriously get a 9mm US Tubes. I've seen those things get thrown across a room...literally, thrown.

cheesebox
08-07-2009, 06:01 PM
^^ What he said, US tubes are beefy

carlitos
08-07-2009, 06:38 PM
i have a us tube 9 mm and one time a person i know let it droped and broke my new downstem and alex k slide..it was the 3rd glass they had broken in 2 weeks, i picked up the us tube and smashed what remained of the bowl, and i mean hard man the glass looked like dust after i smashed the us tube against it. HTe us tube after all of that only had a minor scratched, i mean amazing i hit it as hard as i could have hit it, with all my anger and frustration and the thing survived. i talk with experience man get a us tube and work up from that, that tube will never fail you. I think u can be in your car and throw it out your window that that thing will somehow survive.

Dread_head_420
08-07-2009, 07:29 PM
damn dosman, buy bye syn lol
i loved that thing as well

honestly bro, ive broken glass 3x more expensive then that SYN. and im still going strong
dont let it discrourage ya bud

juss gotta be more careful ;)

this one is for the SYN
Hang in there bud

dreead

minotaur
08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss buddy. If you need a nice sturdy bong to get you back on your feet I can hook you up with a 9mm straight of a beast, I'd be surprised if you could break this thing. Anyways cheers dont let it keep you down, keep an eye out for good things to come.

Space Ranger
08-08-2009, 02:34 AM
rip time to get something new , you will more than likely break all your shit at some point in time if you dont get rid of it first ,, you showered with it? .. i have a hard time at the sink ill prolly fall on the shit impaling myself on the bong lol

gbk.xscape
08-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Use this.

1) Denial:
Denial is usually only a temporary defense for the individual. This feeling is generally replaced with heightened awareness of situations and individuals that will be left behind after death. [1]
Example - "I feel fine."; "This can't be happening, not to me."
2) Anger:
Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Any individual that symbolizes life or energy is subject to projected resentment and jealousy. [1]
Example - "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; "Who is to blame?"
3) Bargaining:
The third stage involves the hope that the individual can somehow postpone or delay death. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made with a higher power in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. Psychologically, the person is saying, "I understand I will die, but if I could just have more time..." [1]
Example - "Just let me live to see my children graduate."; "I'll do anything for a few more years."; "I will give my life savings if..."
4) Depression:
During the fourth stage, the dying person begins to understand the certainty of death. Because of this, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time crying and grieving. This process allows the dying person to disconnect themself from things of love and affection. It is not recommended to attempt to cheer an individual up that is in this stage. It is an important time for grieving that must be processed. [1]
Example - "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die . . . What's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
5) Acceptance:
This final stage comes with peace and understanding of the death that is approaching. Generally, the person in the fifth stage will want to be left alone. Additionally, feelings and physical pain may be non-existent. This stage has also been described as the end of the dying struggle. [1]
Example - "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."

dosman
08-08-2009, 05:05 AM
HAHA thanks scape...brings back memories of psychology. I think I'll go with a US tubes actually..

asdf12
08-08-2009, 06:17 AM
damn man its a shitty feeling, but weve all had it. ive had a 600 dollar triple chamber roor broken in 2 days by someone else. we all take this risk by buying nice and expensive glass but it teaches you something because when i know i haved paid mad bills for a bong, that helps me be really protective over it. in the end itll all be better you're just gonna get over it and replace it with something better. for now all you can do is remember............and twist up blunts to ease tha pain

timmyduboy
08-12-2009, 09:18 AM
9mm US tubes beaker! unbreakable..good luck =]

aqualungs
08-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Sad news bro, cheer up, theres always a light beaming at the end of the tunnel. And a lot of smoke haha!

beachbum
08-12-2009, 07:55 PM
damn man that sucks!!!! don't feel too bad it happens to most of us. The day i got my WS custom i was toking and set the bong down to answer the phone, well the bitch talks to much i got bored and started spinning the chair side to side, just a little bit, but the back of the chair hit my ac and knocked the whole tube over, and onto the concrete floor, i was terrified to see what happen, suprisingly the bong was completely fine, but my favorite inline ashcatcher was destroyed, i still have not been able to find one i like as much as that one : (

dosman
08-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Word, can someoen get me a price quote on :

US tubes 7mm straight (18"+)
US tubes 9mm straight (18"+)
Roor 7mm straight (18"+)
Roor. us perc

I should be getting some money this next week

amtbps
08-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't waste your money on the .us perc.

7mm US Tubes Straight- $280ish
9mm US Tubes Straight- $310ish
7mm Roor Straight (Icemaster)- $410ish

dosman
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
cool I love the idea of a US tubes but are there any around 20-22" as that is my ideal height

dosman
08-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm also open to suggestions

cheesebox
08-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I got a 24" 9mm pure with a uber joint its in my glass thread, comes with a roor diffy

dosman
08-12-2009, 11:39 PM
how much u want

cheesebox
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
180$ local 210$ shipped, im in ny check out my glass thread.

timmyduboy
08-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Go for the US tubes man...trust me...take your time to find a used one that's 20-22 inches...you'll find one and not regret it

jcreamy420
08-14-2009, 09:56 AM
my friend just dropped my green Salt tini and dropped it....i'm sure he's going to compensate me but i'd always rather have my glass than my money(that's how the glass got here to begin with...)

dosman
09-02-2009, 06:42 PM
My US tube 9 milli straight came today!

What a sick tube.

This thing is massively thick!!

18" tall.

I am waiting for some 14mm slides to come so I couldn't use the US tubes diffy, but the showerhead 18-18 that ray gave me fits it very well. the angle isn't very good for my roor crown label so I'll be getting rid of that soon.

this is the first straight tube i've ever hit, and I love it!! You can milk it as thick as you want and clear it almost instantly, and with an a/c the filtration is great.

it's almost perfect. the joint thickness is amazing. craftsmanship is perfect. my only complaint is that another 3" or so of height would really fill out this this beast.

and i cant wait to try the bushing diffy

cheesebox
09-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Congrats, a strait 9 is the way to go.

dosman
09-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Yep I'm thinking I wanna ditch beakers and go for a drag-free filtration master get an 8-arm fixed stem for my next tube...probably from Itza. I think that percolators are overrated, at least for me. I easily get enough filtration from two chambers, and a trashcatcher + 8-arm fixed stem is massive filtration.

cheesebox
09-02-2009, 07:14 PM
I think a 9 arm fixed to a 8 arm tree is the absolute best combo, mainly because Ac's are annoying, I love my KC double but its a pain in the ass, and one more that can break (though it does its job so fucking well) Since you have a nice tube I would actually suggest the itza Dubbler 9 arm to 8 arm bubbler, Bomb assssss piece.

dosman
09-02-2009, 07:22 PM
lol ya how much is that thing anyway?

ash catchers are only annoying to me if they add significant drag or spillover, because I don't like to take off my a/c in the middle of the hit to clear the tube.

cheesebox
09-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Which thing? The itza is 400$ i believe, The KC cost an ass-ton new and im selling it fully accessorized and pimped out :) 320$ shipped bombproof comes with a matching KC 18.8 arm to turn it into a bubbler, and a K clip.

DaNK
09-02-2009, 07:33 PM
My question about this whole situation is WHY WERE YOU BATHING WITH YOUR TUBE??? I am amazed!!! Future reference dude: DONT SHOWER WITH YOUR TUBE!!!! USE SOME FUCKING GRUNGE OFF AND A SINK!

DaNK
09-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Congrats on the new tube NOW DON'T TAKE A SHOWER WITH IT PLEASE!

dosman
09-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Haha yeah Dank I was surprised more people didn't make comments about that. Idk man, I was being careful. unfortunately there were no mats down in the bathrooms as we had just moved in. I was under control but I wasn't prepared for my environment...

themasochist
09-02-2009, 11:13 PM
my friend just dropped my green Salt tini and dropped it....i'm sure he's going to compensate me but i'd always rather have my glass than my money(that's how the glass got here to begin with...)
Thats is why I am tempted to stop letting people use my pieces. I would rather have the piece than the cash, totally hear you bro.

dosman
09-06-2009, 07:11 PM
guys I highly recommend bob dobalinas ice pinch snappers!! these little things are amazing. the hole in mine is just big enough to pull the ash through if I want or I can be gentler and empty it into an ash tray. and they conserve the hell out of your herb

dosman
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Sweet! one month wait and now it's finally coming

http://img228.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ssfg2.jpg

my ssfg inline!

hyhyz
10-13-2009, 01:54 PM
save up for THICK glass : ) us tubes or migrant beaker.. my friend got a us tubes like 2 weeks ago... he litally dropped it on the floor from his seat.. no damage

POG
10-19-2009, 10:03 PM
....at least you noticed its not good for you

dosman
02-24-2010, 02:18 AM
For all of those with glass woes, hang in there

today I reuped on every glass blowers dream, a toro. 7-13 orange label
man, it is truly awesome. and I got an ice pinch on the way.

the moral of the story is...be reaaaal careful with glass you love, cause you might just lose it!

f0urtwenty
02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
you should find a big chunk of wood and knock on it for days.

dosman
02-24-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't follow

kronikblend04
02-24-2010, 09:05 PM
can't beat US Tubes durability

dosman
02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
For all of those with glass woes, hang in there

today I reuped on every glass blowers dream, a toro. 7-13 orange label
man, it is truly awesome. and I got an ice pinch on the way.

the moral of the story is...be reaaaal careful with glass you love, cause you might just lose it!
sorry I meant glass owners not glass blowers lol. oh and I finally got what 420 said, yeah i totally should go find some wood * finds some and knocks* lol thanks dude!

who-dat
03-08-2010, 05:25 AM
congrats on ur Toro....as sick as it is, i wouldn't say its any glass collectors dream tube, i think a pillar, gridline, double inv-4/12 arm gridded....worked....

IMO the 7/13 rips better than the Toro 13/17, so u got the right tree perc Toro!

oh yeah, the whole point of me posting was to say, 'NEVER takes tubes into the shower, let alone the bathroom....all that tile and ceramic is a nightmare for glass...'

enjoi the tube