PDA

View Full Version : Do Pistils Produce Trichomes

Green Supreme
08-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Was looking at one of Bubblemans pics and noticed a lot of trichs on the pistil . From the look I would say they are non stalked trichomes that grew there, but I suppose they could have been picked up during growth of the pistil. All speculation, wondering if anyone know for real. Talk amogst ya selves. Peace GS

the pic:
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=5258&c=

Hieronymus Bosch
08-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Thats looks more like a cystolith hair then a pistil.

Green Supreme
08-08-2009, 09:05 PM
You may be right there, perhaps I should word differently. What I was thinkin was of non chlorophyll producing areas. Peace GS

hashcat
08-08-2009, 10:08 PM
what are all of those other hairs refered to? the ones without trichome heads? are those immature stalks or something totally unrelated?

Hieronymus Bosch
08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
what are all of those other hairs refered to? the ones without trichome heads? are those immature stalks or something totally unrelated?

Cystolith hairs

Green Supreme
08-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Well Bubbleman has verfied this structure as a stalk. So perhaps my thoughts are wasted as it seems to me stalks have some chlorophyll in them. Pece GS

Green Supreme
08-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Another thing pointed out to me I had yet to consider in this discussion is ,that the pistil is not a membraned structure so its ability to grow heads etc would be in the area of none lol. Peace GS

hashcat
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
in your first post i thought you were referring to Cystolith hair as the actual object that the resin was on, claiming the resin was on one of those and not a pistil.
so the hairs alongside the resin heads are Cystolith? or the actual part of the plant in that picture that the hairs and resin are on is Cystolith?

im confused

Cystolith hairs

Green Supreme
08-09-2009, 09:18 PM
The hairs are the velcro looking hooks on the stalk that is the structure being photo'd. Peace GS