PDA

View Full Version : trim/bud storage question

crAZjoeherbizzle86
03-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey, can anyone give me an idea of about how many ounces of fresh trim leaf and/or bud can be stored in a given sized freezer? I'm looking forward to getting a freezer for this purpose in the future. I've seen a decent sized thing for a pretty good deal on ebay that converts from a refrigerator to a freezer, although I'm not too sure of exactly what kind I'd be getting (it probably won't be too huge/expensive). It'd be great if you could let me know about what you have used for storing your plant material.

Thanks,

Joe

Bubbleman
03-13-2008, 07:04 PM
well in the early days i just used my refrigerator's freezer. once i had that completely stuffed and the evetualy had to move on> I got myself a small upright freezer, which eventualy grew into a six foot deep freezer, and finaly a walk in freezer.
now not everyone is so insane they need a walk in freezer, but at the time it was necesarry.
it really depends on how much trim you have. you can fit quite a bit of trim in a regular freezer above a frig. So unless you have lots of trim, only then will you need an upright , and the size will depend completely on how much room you have for it, and how much trim you need frozen.

Peace
Bubble man

Green Supreme
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
If you have lots maybe you could rent refrigerated space. Peace GS

crAZjoeherbizzle86
03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I don't actually have a lot now, but I ordered seeds online that I'll be growing organically outdoors (feminized white widow). I actually have though about borrowing some friends' freezer space or something if possible. I think ww is a smallish to medium-sized strain, so I probably won't have too much trim. I happen to have several 3 1/2 gallon pots - wouldn't these be adequate to allow my plants to mature? I've heard that using smaller containers can cause them to simply mature at a shorter height. Thanx