PDA

View Full Version : Questions on long term kif storage

samasama
03-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Hi, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on the benefits of storing kif for long periods of time? Some people say it does nothing, others say it increase potency... What are the facts?

Also, if I suspect my collection is too dry what is the best way to freshen it up?

Right now I grind up some herb over the first screen, swipe it all around the screen a few times. Collect this way for a few days, do some clean up on the second and third screen, and then put it away for storage.

P.S.
I love my bubble box : ) Is there a way to get replacement screens? I always like to have back ups.

Thanks

Bubbleman
03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
HEy there samasama, first off i'd like to welcome you to the forums.
As for your questions on kief ie dry sift. The benefits of storing dry sift long term, definitely isnt going to increase the potency of your bubble, but it does allow the terpenes and terpenoids to leach out slowly which changes the cannabinoid profile Ie the ratio of cannabinoids to terpenes. I have smoked some 14 year old dry sift, and it had a very stale taste, but got us really nicely high> I found the high to be a total creeper high due to the fact that the majority of the terpenes where gone. I find the terpenes are often a carrier and give that tight feeling in the back of your throat when you take a really good hit.
I wouldnt attempt to freshen up old dry sift personaly.

As for bubblebox extra screens, yes you can contact [email protected] and get yourself an extra set of screens.

Peace
Bubble man

samasama
03-17-2008, 01:59 AM
HEy there samasama, first off i'd like to welcome you to the forums.
As for your questions on kief ie dry sift. The benefits of storing dry sift long term, definitely isnt going to increase the potency of your bubble, but it does allow the terpenes and terpenoids to leach out slowly which changes the cannabinoid profile Ie the ratio of cannabinoids to terpenes. I have smoked some 14 year old dry sift, and it had a very stale taste, but got us really nicely high> I found the high to be a total creeper high due to the fact that the majority of the terpenes where gone. I find the terpenes are often a carrier and give that tight feeling in the back of your throat when you take a really good hit.
I wouldnt attempt to freshen up old dry sift personaly.

As for bubblebox extra screens, yes you can contact [email protected] and get yourself an extra set of screens.

Peace
Bubble man

Wow thanks for such a great answer!

Bubbleman
03-17-2008, 02:05 AM
anytime mon, we want to help people on this site, really learn what it is to KNOW the glandular trichome and the cannabinoid profile. IF we can turn a few people on daily of the wonderful medicinal values of smoking what i call THE UNADULTERATED CANNABINOID HIGH, which to me is either a very pure concetrated hash, or the vaporization of glandular heads off plant matter.
There are some really knowledgeable folks on this site, so please dont be affraid to ask questions, no matter how silly it may seem.

Peace
Bubble man

Razz
03-17-2008, 02:23 AM
light and heat are the degraders of resin glands, i think a cool dry dark location for storing would be best.

samasama
03-18-2008, 02:44 AM
anytime mon, we want to help people on this site, really learn what it is to KNOW the glandular trichome and the cannabinoid profile. IF we can turn a few people on daily of the wonderful medicinal values of smoking what i call THE UNADULTERATED CANNABINOID HIGH, which to me is either a very pure concetrated hash, or the vaporization of glandular heads off plant matter.
There are some really knowledgeable folks on this site, so please dont be affraid to ask questions, no matter how silly it may seem.

Peace
Bubble man

Sweet... Because I have a LOT to learn : ) Is there any books you would recommend on the matter?

light and heat are the degraders of resin glands, i think a cool dry dark location for storing would be best.

Yeah, I keep my jars in a dark place that is relatively cool. Could be cooler... Would it make sense to store (it's in roor GonG jars) them in the fridge? I've heard/thought about this, but I've always been concerned with the moisture (even if it's a minute amount)...

Thanks guys for making me feel right at home : )

Green Supreme
03-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I would suggest Robert C. Clarke's book. Hashish. Peace GS

samasama
03-20-2008, 01:40 AM
I would suggest Robert C. Clarke's book. Hashish. Peace GS

Thanks, I'll check it out...

Bubbleman
03-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Yeah samasama, you can't go wrong with robs book, its is pretty much the quintessential book on hashish . Including an incredible history, as well as a indepth explanation of cannabinoid profiles, screen sizes for different types of extraction, from dry sift to wet wash> all in all this is a great book and really everyone who is currently enjoying the medicinal benefits of bubble, could stand to read this book.

Peace
Bubble man

Kif it Kunta
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Here's a headline I saw on the slate dot com..btw it's a good site

"A Tax Break for Bubble Heads"

http://www.slate.com/id/2188418/

Limeygreen
04-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Does this mean that strains with a creeper high have less terpenes than other strains or is it a result of all the compounds present in the strain itself? I love creeper highs, gives me some time to get things done before I'm mashed.

Bubbleman
04-19-2008, 09:12 PM
well limeygreen, i would say with no scientific facts to base this one only bio assay ( I tried it myself). and can say for sure, that the dry sif that was 14 plus years old, was an absolutely creeper high and i figured it had something to do with the fact that more of it was processed via the blood, ( which ends up metabolizing in the liver and altering the thc molecule into a more complex and much stronger one in my opinion 11-hydroxy-metabolite. I think the more of the profile that gets metabolized, gives the creeper high effect. Strains that are full of terpen's tend to get ya coughing like a mad dog, and really high really fast.
Just my two cents

Bubble man

samasama
04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
The last bit of my stash was from some decent herb, but the glands I collected were quite dry. It definitely crept up, I had several people try and confirm as well. It's kind of nice actually...