PDA

View Full Version : Custom piece idea - Advice n thoughts?

Frosty
08-21-2009, 06:59 AM
So I was dry last night and moped around bored as hell b/c nothin was goin on and while I tryin to fall asleep I was thinking about what kind of piece i really want and can actually work towards.

after a while I thought about the layback inlines i've seen on the market and have been really diggin them recently

i started drawing what i was thinking about and today after i got back from my friends house i drew it out on ps

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3862/customidea.jpg

So yeah, I was hopin for some ideas on how to improve it and make it dumbass proof along with just anything to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

If any blowers read this, a quick idea on how much this would cost would be awesome too.

Update List:
Hennessy suggested I go for a Zach P -like joint

full_milk
08-21-2009, 08:46 AM
So basically a super worked inline tube with a circulator perc? Sounds pricey.. Close to a grand? I'm not a blower just my thoughts..

What colors would you be going for?

Frosty
08-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of colors I'd be getting done.

So many color combos to choose from.

I might get rid of the second perc and replace it with something a bit more cheap along with ease up on some of the working.

Definitely want some dichro work though.

theookiekabuki
08-21-2009, 06:13 PM
that be sick!

bighaze420
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
and a custom logo sandblasted on that would be sick id go for less work on the joint area and more on inline part, it would be crazy to have that piece

Frosty
08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
The hardest part about this is going to be making the stand for it (at least for me).

I've already gone to my local wood distributor and they've got everything i need.
my uncle (who loves my idea thus far) said he'd help me with the woodwork, but the only help i'm going to be taking from him is instructional tips.

the purpose of the stand is going to be both as a holder while I'm not using it and as a stand to use it as a regular piece.

I'm not particularly sure what the hell the second perc is called tbh.
I was thinking along the lines of basack's piece here:
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4184

Frosty
08-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Idea: What if I got Slinger to do the working?

Imagine if it were like this: http://www.GlassPipes.org/Gal25134_Barely_Legal.asp

How the hell does he even achieve that look anyways?

I love the wood-like graininess he is able to achieve.
(The reason I ask is that I've got ceramics as my art course this upcoming semester and want to try it on a pendant or dish)

bighaze420
08-25-2009, 10:10 PM
you can get a stand blown on the back like a big chunk of glass as a stand for it to lawdown how other inliner bongs are made

originaldutchmaster
08-25-2009, 11:44 PM
good luck trying to get slinger to do the work, there was a time ik vigorously tried to get a custom hops tube with sling work and it proved impossible unless i had mucho funds to flash around for incentive

its sandblasting btw, its called graal

Frosty
08-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Ahh thanks odm.

Well, if slinger doesn't take it (i have a feeling he wont b/c he doesnt do much custom work anyways) then I'll just have to go in a different direction or something