PDA

View Full Version : Bern Gallery Pipe Classic 09

Georgia O'Queef
09-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Hey guys, I wasn't too sure where to put this thread, but I just bought my ticket for the Bern Gallery's annual Pipe Classic today and am just super excited! I was wondering if any of you would be there? Or if maybe any of you have gone in years past, and can share some experiences and/or tell me what to expect.

this years line up includes:

Chris Carlson
Cowboy
Zach Puchowitz
Salt
Snic
and some others.

This will probably be my first time seeing glass being blown, I can't wait!

Blunts R US
09-10-2009, 05:58 AM
well i have never heard of this event but i just saw that your location is VT/MD, so if its in MD or around there let me know i would def be down to go to a glass blowing event?

OnlyHighGrade
09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
it's in VT. I used to live in the johnson, VT area a handful of years ago. Definitely an awesome place. the bern gallery is super classy. To be perfectly honest I now live in southern california and the glass game just doesnt compare to VT. Church street has way more nice glass on it than the whole state of CA. I remember Full Tank used to bring out torches curbside on like a monthly basis. Definitely go. It will be epic. Scoop some artists numbers, meet new people definitely an awesome time.

I went to illadelph's big show this past winter. I think it was for a book release. Honestly it was so weak imo. Definitely couldnt touch the bern gallery pipe classic.

Georgia O'Queef
09-28-2009, 07:18 PM
So this is a very late update, as the comp ended over a week ago. The event was sick! I didn't get to spend very much time observing, as the scheduling conflicted with my class schedule, but I did watch Snic and Zach P work their magic for like 4 or 5 hours straight, I was mesmerized. Unfortunately, I didn't really socialize much, so I didn't meet any blowers or even local smoking buddies (Which sucks because I haven't hit a tube in over a month, and that makes me a sad panda) Anyways, awards were as follows:

1: Snic (yay!)
2: Salt
3: Nate Dizzle
4: Zach Puchowitz
Blowers Choice: Nate Dizzle

shitty Blackberry pics soon to come

Bubbleman
10-02-2009, 04:15 PM
wow that was great... thanks for sharing back..... very much enjoyed that..

Sick piece's to everyone that was a part of the pipe classic...

and special congratulations to snic who apparently WON.. wh oo hooo

peace
Bubble man

Georgia O'Queef
10-02-2009, 05:42 PM
thanks Back, those pics are great! Mine are complete shit, so I don't know if I'll bother uploading. And hopefully next year I'll have a real camera

Blunts R US
10-02-2009, 06:45 PM
wow i am in love with that nate dizzle piece. All those pieces are amazing but that one takes the cake for me. All the snic shit with the copper is sweet too.