PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Osmosis

Vespasian
09-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Could anyone tell me if they use RO water for bubble making?
If so does it need electrolyte replacement? Cheers :)

pigfarmer
09-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I use straight r/o with no problems. Imo the less impurities the better.

headimonster
09-05-2009, 03:27 PM
^^^ the water is only used for as a "wash" - to wash the resin off the leaves....thc is not water soluble therefore the cleaner the water, the less impurities are left in the bubble bags ;)---

any1 ever hear of "Kangen Water" - its a PH Balanced water and supposedly you can clean grease off the kitchen counter with a HIGH PH water, anyways my friend has one, and i wanna try it for BUbble Making, because on the demo they show someone pouring cold water over a teabag and ALL the tea was extracted into the COLD water.....it HAS To get EVERYTHING out of the ganja.....any feeedback?

YukonBikerGuy
09-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Water + teabag = infusion (gettin water solubles out)

Water + Bubblebags = Trichome seperation and filtration (gettin non-water solubles out)

Water is not a solvent that 'washes off' the trichomes, but in this instance it is the chilling and carrier agent in the process of making bubblehash. Making bubblehash is a physical process, the material bangs around with the ice, the trichs get brittle, break/fall off, sink to the bottom, and then are sorted by the bag filtration.

As to RO water, at a small level it will remove physical impurities from the water getting into the hash, and also any chemical additives in the water supply (ie clorine/floride). Can only improve the final product.

vodkamartiny12
09-05-2009, 07:53 PM
also anywater with heitened ph would essentially be more acidic there for lower freezing point allowing for super cooled water look into it.

Vespasian
09-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Thank you everybody :)
The knowledge base of the members on this forum is by far the best on the web (as you’d expect given the pedigree).
I have a lot to read and a lot to learn here :smoke1: