PDA

View Full Version : B.H.O. ..God's Gift to Man.

Chi-Town
09-11-2009, 03:07 AM
No BHO section? Whatsup with that?

Been spraying hella tane lately, lovin every second of it.

Haven't had the pleasure of trying too many hash's, but Ive been told by the best, that BHO is the best(when made well with good starting material of course).

Post up your BHO pics, tips, stories etc.

-------

The purge is the most important part(besides starting material), low heat is key. Never want the water anywhere near boiling after bringing inside to purge.

phx36
09-11-2009, 03:16 AM
We dont do 'tane around here.

Frosty
09-11-2009, 03:19 AM
You might either want to reconsider your stay here or bring this discussion to another website.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you (if I'm coming off like that) but just trying to give you a heads up before a flamefest arises.

Bubbleman
09-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Yeah sorry dude... were not taining here...
Soaking our organicly grown kind resin heads... in poisonous chemical solvents is NOT AN OPTION

We prefer a more ITAL approach here at fmb.
Collecting the headies using water and ice... and even dry sifting is our prefered method over any chemies.

The perceived extra high you are receiving from butane oil is due to the oil soluble ( can't be purged out ) contaminants... ie ETHYL MERCAPETIN , which is accumulative in the body. It affects the central nervous system.. thus your heart lungs liver and kidneys.
the butane is NOT the problem is the small percentage of oil soluble contaminants.!!!
Hang out a while and even come check us in video chat sometime.. we will point you towards some great threads that will show you that butane has NOTHING over a good hash maker....

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0819croppedI.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0813cropped.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0811cropped.jpg

Peace
Bubble man

GoTKuSH?
09-11-2009, 03:40 AM
the pretty pretty FULL MELTINESS!!

Chi-Town
09-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Very nice pics Bubbleman.

Guess that big dab made me forget this website is called fullmeltbubble. Still, variety is the spice of life.

Mind pointing me to some scientific research backing up your claims that my product will be poisonous no matter what as long as I'm using butane as an extraction method?

And what would you be using to intake your product ?

Green Supreme
09-11-2009, 04:23 AM
Ethyl Mercaptan. Peace GS

http://www.osha.gov/dts/chemicalsampling/data/CH_240600.html

Chi-Town
09-11-2009, 04:47 AM
High quality quadruple refined butane should not contain that.

And even if it is in ppm, I still haven't seen evidence that it bonds to the resin/oil on a molecular level.

Frosty
09-11-2009, 04:51 AM
For bubblehash, most seem to simply grab stainless steel screens, but titanium is superior.

As you may have already guessed, butane fueled lighters take a back seat to beeline and hotknifing, with the latter being less popular (in my observations).

Green Supreme
09-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Butane has no smell the ethyl mercaptan is added to make the butane noticable by scent. Do you think it just evaporates? Peace GS

ps. you can get 5 times refined and it still has the mercaptans for the smell

Chi-Town
09-11-2009, 07:40 AM
I know what the detectable smell is and what it smells like, Vector doesn't smell like that.
Butane is the choice for food extractions, btw.

And yes, the butane does just evaporate.

Chi-Town
09-11-2009, 07:48 AM
To each their own.

I know not much beats a nice fat golden dab on Ti.
ahhhhhh

phx36
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
to each there own IRL. Here we dont do tane.

lepstadder
09-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I wholeheartedly agree that BHO should stay off this site, if not because of health risks ingesting and making but for the sole purpose of respecting the wishes of the founder and the fact that if it aint bubble it aint worth the trouble.

But i also agree that variety is the spice of life, and as for vector containing Ethyl Mercaptan the MSDS does not list it.

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET

Vector® BUTANE GAS REFILL CARTRIDGE

SECTION I - Substance Identification & General Information

Distributed by: KGM Industries Co., Inc., Commerce, CA 90040, U.S.A.

TRADE NAME: Vector®

CHEMICAL FAMILY: Alkane Hydrocarbon

DOT HAZARD CLASS: Flammable Gas, 2.1

SYNONYMS: Butane gas

FORMULA: C4H10 & C3H8

UN/NA ID#: UN 2037
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
SECTION II- Summary of Hazards & Composition

SUBSTANCE: Butane Percent: 60.00
CAS#: 106-87-8 Synonyms: n-Butane, Tetrane

SUBSTANCE: iso-Butane Percent: 29.00
CAS#: 75-28-5 Synonyms: 2-Methylpropane, Trlmethylethane

SUBSTANCE: Propane Percent: 11.00
CAS#: 75-98-6 Synonyms: LPG, Dimethylmethane, Propylhydride

EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
_
SECTION III - Physical Data

BOILING POINT: 31.1 Degree Fahrenheit

SOLUBILITY IN WATER: nil

APPEARANCE AND ODOR: Clear gas in Vector® brand aerosol can; Butane odor.

SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.556gms/cc
VAPOR PRESSURE: 30 psig

www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/butane/Vector_Gas_MSDS.pdf

OnlyHighGrade
09-11-2009, 02:26 PM
B.H.O = The McDonald's of Hash

Make it for yourself and you'll see why it sucks imo.

In my opinion it's like the american version of making hash. It's faster, cheaper and filled with all this horrible shit in it that they don't care about feeding their people. Forgot to mention way more expensive in the market than water extraction.

I learned my lesson with BHO and will honestly never ingest it again. To each their own but from a health position you really should'nt use. I mean the stuff even just taste's bad. I want my extractions to resemble the flowers aroma as much as possible. Or at least that was always my personal goal.

lepstadder
09-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Its really not cheaper to make in the long run,

Bubblebags may be a large investment for some growers but they are the awesome.

alot of people like BHO because they dont have a bunch of trim laying around and can make it easy with a few parts from the hardware store or Bed Bath and Beyond lol. And you can use whatever crappy pot is available at the time and it makes it alot more enjoyable.

Believe me personally i would never make BHo if i could take some of the shag that is around and process it with bubblebags, but it does not work that way.

way more expensive in the market than water extraction

this is true, for whatever reason people think they can charge an arm and a leg for oil, when water hash is most of the time reasonable.

But no way is BHO gods gift to man, Marijuana yes

Bubbleman
09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
OH i should add that ethyle mercapetin has about a dozen or so names and i do believe it is there under your vector analysis.
IF not just check the chemical family HYDROCARON... now do some research on that..
either way i dont think it takes a genius to figure out... butane is nasty... i am not trying to convince anyone to stop smoking it... but i prefer to not have it promoted on my site.. thats all simple as that.

Peace
Bubble man

ps.. yes Cannabis is gods gift to man...

bighaze420
09-11-2009, 05:25 PM
all natural mon

cheesebox
09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Bubbleman thanks for the clarification their, I always heard BHO was bad but no one ever explained it to me, May I ask what the nasty's in ISO are? this is quite interesting to me.

Thanks!

Chi-Town
09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Like I said Butane is used for food extractions and is non-toxic.

And no I dont believe your ethyle is in Vector, but I just called them and they'll be emailing me the COMPLETE chemical breakdown and I will be specifically asking them about ethyle mercapetin. Ill keep ya posted, if ya want.

freakyfoot
09-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I would like to know. A friend of mine was gonna start making BHO if its as hazardous as said above i'll stay away from it!

Bubbleman
09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
The big difference in food grade and Something you smoke... is that one goes into your lungs... ( and of course when burned changed its chemical compound again).
Food passes thru your system much differently.

LIke i mentioned earlier you should figure out the other names they use for this compound. there are around a dozen.

Butane oil is simply put.. easy and accesible.. to people who can't produce melty resins any other way... its by no means gods gift to man.

Peace
Bubble man

Chi-Town
09-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Youre right, Cannabis is Gods gift to man.

Until somebody finds a "better, cleaner" method to extract from Cannabis....
Until you can tell me how to make BHO like product using ice or screens, I'll stick with my butane oil.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/484/yummyoil.jpg

^Not my pic, just showing how nice of a product BHO produces.

YukonBikerGuy
09-12-2009, 02:20 AM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/73uFM.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/73uFMbubblin.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/90uFMCD.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/90uFMCDmelted.jpg

Any guesses Chi-town? I have smoked much of both, bho and bubblehash... thats 2 bowls of hash, before and after first flame.....

In fact, if I hadn't made that bubblehash with my own hands, I would have argued till the end of the world that it was bho budder. Both of those grades were magicly melty to the point of being almost indistinguishable from a solvent based extract. It is possible to get that kind of purity out of water and ice extraction.

When I first started frequenting this site, Bubbleman and I had a few words on a couple of occasions on this exact issue (solvent vs ice extraction). If we dont see everything exactly the same way, well....so what? In the end, this is Bubbleman's house. I don't trash my friend's houses IRL or online. It's about giving the level of repect you wish to be shown.

My 2 cents, Fylder, Klar, 1...2...3....... aaaaahhhhhhh
YBG

acontoke
09-12-2009, 03:50 AM
^agreed

Acontoke

vodkamartiny12
09-12-2009, 04:14 AM
those pics brought tears of joy to my eyes of the hand made ice extracted full melt un adulterated hash and the bho it looks like all necesary precedures where taked to make that as 100 percent pure as possible but at the end of the day they both look like drops of gold that fallen astray from gods collection think of it as both being one and one being all in the end we are all supporting the herb so no one is doing wrong one mans opinion is anothers occurence and vice versa ....

my bag of chips and pocket change kinda sounds lame ;)

freakyfoot
09-12-2009, 05:00 AM
thank you for the clarification guys
honestly i'd smoke both
[:

DrBudGreengenes
09-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Youre right, Cannabis is Gods gift to man.

Until somebody finds a "better, cleaner" method to extract from Cannabis....
Until you can tell me how to make BHO like product using ice or screens, I'll stick with my butane oil.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/484/yummyoil.jpg

^Not my pic, just showing how nice of a product BHO produces.

Makes ya wonder...."Whats trapped inside all the Bubbles"

Frosty
09-12-2009, 06:31 AM
off topic, but whats up with your sig doc?

I wasnt the best at translation (mythology was always my forte)
but "that (which) loves me...and white should love mine"

Chi-Town
09-12-2009, 06:35 AM
The tiny bubbles hold terpenes ;)
Those same bubbles appear in your ice and water extractions, as shown above.

thenewguy
09-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Makes ya wonder...."Whats trapped inside all the Bubbles"

dear god i hope that's a joke & you aren't serious.

vodkamartiny12
09-12-2009, 07:10 AM
:brainiac:

vodkamartiny12
09-12-2009, 07:27 AM
i truly believe in what i said im not trying to kiss ass im just saying everything has the right time and place in the simplest of forms to be true but it might not seem that way from a different perspective

Hieronymus Bosch
09-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Chi-town is clearly trying to start shit. The owner of the site just told him that this isn't a BHO site yet he continues to talk about BHO. If your gonna come up in here and start shit you should at least know what time it is, the terpenes in cannabis are hydrocarbon based, which means once you break the wax membrane of the heads, the terpenes evaporate. Which is why BHO taste mediocre and bubble taste amazing.

YBG demonstrated that bubble can be virtually just as pure.

Chi-Town
09-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Chi-town is clearly trying to start shit. The owner of the site just told him that this isn't a BHO site yet he continues to talk about BHO. If your gonna come up in here and start shit you should at least know what time it is, the terpenes in cannabis are hydrocarbon based, which means once the wax membrane of the heads, the terpenes evaporate. Which is why BHO taste mediocre and bubble taste amazing.

YBG demonstrated that bubble can be virtually just as pure.

Fine, if talking about BHO is not even allowed, let the thread die.

and "thenewguy", Im pretty sure he was serious and Im pretty sure that is the same guy that was in chat the other day saying "Titanium pads are made out of bike seat posts".

...../thread

Evergreen
09-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow! Been following this thread since the beginning.
>Chi-Town, I can totally respect that you like to take perfectly carboxylated trichomes and spray them down with liquid gas then smoke them. But you have to understand us here at FMB are not just complete assholes, we are very passionate about pure unadulterated trichomes.

It is simple to me, once you break the carboxylate ring it is all over. Period.
When you decarboxylate the trichomes, all of the essential psychoactive oils (i.e. CBD, CBN) breach the airtight barrier of the wax membrane we call carboxylate ring, and once they do that they loose their potency. This is a fucking flat out fact.

So you can say that we are all haters her and whatnot because it don't matter.
To me it is fucking crazy, people take this beautiful plant from nature and spray it down with GAS and then think that it can all be evaporated??? then you smoke it???

To me Butane oil is really disgusting, it is not natural, therefore not good for humans to consume.

I think that you should start a forum called FULLMELTBUTANE.COM and you can post all you want about it, until then it would be wise to have some respect for B-Man and the rest of the crew.

we are extremely passionate about bubble here so, try not to take offense when peeps get hyphy.

I would personally like to see some pics of your bubble and grows.

Peace

Bongwater420
09-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Imstill on my ass laughing at this thread loooooooooooool

per
09-12-2009, 04:54 PM
if ethyl mercaptan is made to make the butane smell, its FOR SURE evaporating, or it would stay in the fluid butane and not go into the gassious butane =))

now i dont know anythying about all this, i just know if its meant to be smelled in something that has gone from liquid to gas form, when that stuff is still in gas, it has to evaporate or it would be uneffective and not do what its meant to do =))

load of love and hugs =))

per =))

Evergreen
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
so do you think that any of those chemicals bond to the oils?

Evergreen
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
congrats on your first post dude. Welcome, feel free to post some pics of your bubble. . . . . .

Bongwater420
09-12-2009, 05:11 PM
hai per welcome to fmb

wait are u da per from cc?

jBUCKS420
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I just think its funny that evergreen used the word 'hyphy' I doubt this cat even knows who mac dre is.

Chi-Town
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Hyphy - dumb, stupid

cause i got eighths of that sticky gooey

bitch

per
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
congrats on your first post dude. Welcome, feel free to post some pics of your bubble. . . . . .

thanks man, i dont have any pictures, i smoke other peoples stuff is alot easier then make my own =P

just kidding around,but jokes aside, im so lucky i have a person near me, that is making all the stuff i smoke, so im just a stoner really =))

i honestly know nothing about this all, but i can se that if you put something in a fluid, that is seposed to give that fluid a smell, when it becomes gassious and leaks out, then it has to evaporate into the gasious state too, or it would have no chance to give of the smell =))

personally id smoke bubblehash all day long if i had the loads of weed it take =))

per
09-12-2009, 05:20 PM
hai per welcome to fmb

wait are u da per from cc?

yeah im that per =))

Evergreen
09-12-2009, 05:24 PM
>Jbucks420 doubt who i know who Mac Dre is?? I know the guy who owns the studio where he recorded a lot of his albums in the bay, and my best friend worked the boards for his last 5 albums and was homies with him.

I was listening to mac dre in the early 90s you jerk, where are you from in the bay????

don't ever question my bay are rap loyalty you fucking jerk. I was buying e-40 and the click tapes in the late 80's when they were still being sold out of the trunks in the V.

I have lived in the bay for 28 years, where the fuck do you live in the bay?

I have so much bay area music that you could never get, you have some fucking nerve to call me out like that. . . . . . . .

Green Supreme
09-12-2009, 05:31 PM
So another oil thread here on fullmeltbubble. Maybe next time the person starting the thread can search to find we have many oil threads on this site already. This seems to be the way they all go so not really sure why we would need more. Enjoy whatever it is you puff. Seems people see what they need to in order to justify things in their heads. Peace GS

jBUCKS420
09-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Im not really on the bay's dick I just like old dre dubee psd and undadogg, I dont like that keke sneak hyphy skater rap bullshit they put out and I think e-40 WAS tight but him blowin up was the worst thing to ever happen to the bay, so i don't really listen to that shit anymore im more into real shit like mitchy slick and ecay uno and a few other diego cats big wy, damu, and that shit... don't cry dude go drink another hyphy juice and jack off on the bay bridge.

Bubbleman
09-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Per is isnt until you extract an oil with it.> that is where the BOND occurs.> ONce this molecular bond has occured you wil find it no longer evaporates... yes out of clean butane it can ( however even still you could run it thru a pressure cooker and coolect the ethyl mercapetin ( in a closed system that evaporates out the butane you would be left with the contaminant.> We use to do it with other solvents back in the day.. but never butane... you8 would be amazed at the contaminants they put into solvents...
I mean look at the poison they put into food... and we eat that...

What a great way to get rid of chemical compounds that doesnt require proper breaking down or any environmental rules..

My two cents...

I guess in the end.. butane has been used fairly widespread since around 2003 or so... can't remember exactly when INDRA released the information on erowid..
So it won't be long now that we start seeing health ramifications ... keep on eye on hashmasta kuts health

Bubble man

Green Supreme
09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Hahahah he would be the one to be studied. I bet even after the study he would tell us it's safe. Teehee. Peace GS

jBUCKS420
09-12-2009, 07:21 PM
HMK's a fuckin joke.

Chi-Town
09-12-2009, 07:29 PM
HMK's a fuckin joke.

i wish i was as cool as you
he obviously means enough to you to post about him.
if you truly thought he was a "joke", you wouldnt even mention his name.

and yea Kut would be the one to study, the man vapes a gram or more everyday. Craziness.

jBUCKS420
09-12-2009, 07:38 PM
and you obviously were offended by my simple post. Im sorry that I offended your opinion of this guy hashmasterkut. But im entitled to my opinion that he is an elitist faggot who has nothing to be elitist about. He acts like you have to be accepted into his secret society to smoke oil and to buy one of his contraptions. The funny part is that I smoke oil every day (no offense to fmb, I love bubble) with many people who've never heard of no fuckin gay ass hmk. My oil dome with Ti nail hits way better anyways.

and you DO wish you were as cool as me. IM SO COOL that I talk about oil on OTHER WEBSITES and respect FMB for what it is meant to be! God Damn It.

Please close this thread before you fine people have to ban me for the flamery.

Chi-Town
09-12-2009, 07:45 PM
again....you went out of your way to make a post hating on a dude youve never met. I was simply pointing it out, in MY thread, I have reason to be posting in here, you made a post in my thread.
You came in this thread, simply to hate on dude, its obvious you either have respect for the man or are jealous of him.

" My oil dome with Ti nail hits way better anyways."
Gettin awfully offensive arent we. You seem to be the one with his panties in a ruff.

Green Supreme
09-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Cool ,now it's I know you are but what am I. LOL. Peace GS

Razz
09-12-2009, 10:31 PM
hahahaha, g.s.. you crack me up!! chi-town, when it comes down to it, who cares really? bho is poison, and doesn't even belong on this site, if i were still mod this whole thread would have been deleted long ago.

vodkamartiny12
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
yea man first of all who cares what it means to you in real life this isnt the world on this site some one created it hes the boss of what goes on in here you have to get verified to join this site so dont talk about what is not recognized cause it wont get you anywhere stop causing unwanted paradoxes in such a perfect place

thats just my whole college fund worth of advice lol

Hieronymus Bosch
09-13-2009, 12:21 AM
again....you went out of your way to make a post hating on a dude youve never met. I was simply pointing it out, in MY thread, I have reason to be posting in here, you made a post in my thread.
You came in this thread, simply to hate on dude, its obvious you either have respect for the man or are jealous of him.

" My oil dome with Ti nail hits way better anyways."
Gettin awfully offensive arent we. You seem to be the one with his panties in a ruff.

So what's the point with all this chi-town? You given your argument...we've responded accordingly. You started a thread about oil on a bubble site. You have failed to be open minded about bubble while simultaneously chastising us for not accepting oil, even though we have provided point-by-point of why we don't like it.

-We would rather consume an all-natural product
-Their is still much unknown about BHO and it's health ramifications
-The purity attained through water and ice extraction is comparable to BHO
-Bubble preserves all the terpenophenolic cannabinoids and terpenes, BHO does not.
-etc

And for the record how is butane, a man made substance, god's gift? It would seem rather obvious that water, and ice...both natural...are god's gift.

Thread/null

Evergreen
09-13-2009, 03:09 AM
thats all that needs be said. . . . . thanks HB

thenewguy
09-13-2009, 04:03 AM
seems this thread is getting a little out of hand or possibly ridiculous

Frosty
09-13-2009, 04:58 AM
I hate it when I'm right...

YukonBikerGuy
09-13-2009, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE=Hieronymus Bosch;45403]-Bubble preserves all the terpenophenolic cannabinoids and terpenes, BHO does not.
QUOTE]

Actually, the water soluable turpenes ect are removed during the process of making bubblehash. Thats why some of the purists will actually mix some dry sift from the same source back into the bubblehash to get the actual full flavor profile, water soluables included.

Just for the sake of correctness. :)
YBG

Hieronymus Bosch
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=Hieronymus Bosch;45403]-Bubble preserves all the terpenophenolic cannabinoids and terpenes, BHO does not.
QUOTE]

Actually, the water soluable turpenes ect are removed during the process of making bubblehash. Thats why some of the purists will actually mix some dry sift from the same source back into the bubblehash to get the actual full flavor profile, water soluables included.

Just for the sake of correctness. :)
YBG

My understanding was that the terpenes are located specifically and only inside of the wax membrane. If this is the case, how would the terpenes be absorbed by the water if the wax membrane is not compromised?

I'm not saying your wrong, just simply trying to ascertain a better understanding, thanks!

per
09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Per is isnt until you extract an oil with it.> that is where the BOND occurs.> ONce this molecular bond has occured you wil find it no longer evaporates... yes out of clean butane it can ( however even still you could run it thru a pressure cooker and coolect the ethyl mercapetin ( in a closed system that evaporates out the butane you would be left with the contaminant.> We use to do it with other solvents back in the day.. but never butane... you8 would be amazed at the contaminants they put into solvents...
I mean look at the poison they put into food... and we eat that...

What a great way to get rid of chemical compounds that doesnt require proper breaking down or any environmental rules..

My two cents...

Bubble man

cut out abit to not make the quote make the post so long, but i havent looked into it alot, but i would say the "smell agent" has to bind to the butane on some level or it would not evaporate too =))

so i have a hard time imagining it UNbind from the butane to bind with something ells, sure maybe a tiny fraction of it dont evaporate, but its the same with all solvents being it water or something completely different, noone has EVER, atleast in our current history, looked into what it all does and what it all does in combination with this and that =))

now people have looked into parts of it, like what does lighting a flame do near this and that situation, but noone ever checked if, say any form of cannabis is more dangerous to inhale with oxygene, or with the exact amount of oxygene that is where some person is, so there will ALWAYS be a possibility for this and that =))

i guess what im saying is, we will never find out, we will only find out under these circumstances, that and this goes, but who runs around with a measure device measuring everything in your soroundings and everything you have taken in to see if it "conflicts" with something ells, so to me its all good, cos my body knows how to fix it self, all i need is to take it out of the harmfull inviroment, or let it know its not harmfull for me, cos th emind is a powerful thing, and if its convinced something is bad for you, then ITS bad for you =))

loads of love and hugs =))

per =))

jBUCKS420
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Per... youre a very... strange, and... complicated man. I respect you.

toalex
09-14-2009, 08:07 AM
this thread has provided me with some fucking epic laughs hahahaha

Green Supreme
09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Speculation is a wonderful thing. It allows everyone to be right. Peace GS

jBUCKS420
09-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I believe that the existence of contaminants in BHO is speculation. I haven't seen any proof written or otherwise. No one has ever analyzed bho through scientific experimentation to see exactly what chemicals and substances exist or do not in it. No one has ever analyzed bho smoke or vapor to see exactly what chemicals or substances exist or do not exist in it. All of these dangerous chemicals you speak of only exist in BHO according to your THEORIES. So you are absolutely correct, speculation allows everyone to be right, even you!

Razz
09-15-2009, 12:38 AM
ohhhhhhhhh, snap...just like that!!! somebody please kill me already!!!!

jBUCKS420
09-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Im just havin fun guys, don't take anything I say seriously.

Bukket
09-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Butane has no smell the ethyl mercaptan is added to make the butane noticable by scent. Do you think it just evaporates? Peace GS

ps. you can get 5 times refined and it still has the mercaptans for the smell

Just wondering what is left in resin extracted with isopropyl?

Bongwater420
09-15-2009, 04:15 AM
im going say the smartest thing in this thread

CLOSE THIS MOTHER FUCKER DOWN

what was every the point of this thread anyway

vodkamartiny12
09-15-2009, 06:13 AM
this is how it must feel to live in a world with no mods :S maybe thats whats gonna happen in 2012... help save the mods and close down this thread !!!

cheesebox
09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I kinda thought their was a valid/interesting discussion going on, even if it keeps getting trainwrecked by these jokers who arent reading the thread.

OnlyHighGrade
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
ya to be honest i was personally into the science behind why you should not smoke bho. i wanted to enlighten friends and family. the jokers should just quit joking and let the teachers teach.
:pipe:

Evergreen
09-15-2009, 02:41 PM
believe me this thread would have been closed after it was posted. . . . . . . . .

YukonBikerGuy
09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
[quote=YukonBikerGuy;45462]

My understanding was that the terpenes are located specifically and only inside of the wax membrane. If this is the case, how would the terpenes be absorbed by the water if the wax membrane is not compromised?

I'm not saying your wrong, just simply trying to ascertain a better understanding, thanks!

Good question, made me think. Made me go ask Bubbleman actually. The wax membrane is porous, allowing the water to mix with, dilute, and otherwise wash away the water soluable turpenes ect through it.

lepstadder
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Now i wasted my time reading the rest of this thread and instead of ignoring it and letting it die I will continue the horribly immature and unstructured debate!

To put a few things to rest(hopefully)

I believe that the existence of contaminants in BHO is speculation. I haven't seen any proof written or otherwise

Summary of Hazards & Composition

This is for vector from the MSDS which by law must include all chemicals that make up a product.

Now if we add 60+29+11=100.

Not to sound like a dick but that does not leave any room for anything else, please put this down it needs no more discussion, sorry bubbleman and crew.

Now i wholeheatedly agree about every other point made about why ice or dry sift is better.

Evergreen
09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
you mean you spray your trim with that gas and smoke it?? thats nuts Jk JK

lepstadder
09-15-2009, 09:09 PM
you mean you spray your trim with that gas and smoke it

I have, probly still will from time to time, I love jelly and "all" things cannabis.

I just wanted to clear up a commonly misconcieved notion.

Again I understand all about why you guys do not like it, I mean its just like being a god damn wine snob.

Or liking a certain kindof car manufacturer. It is all about preference. plain and simple.

Some prefer a more natural appraoch to things, some people do not care.

Please leave it at that,

No sense in arguing, We are all adults, we can present our opinions and thoughts in a well articulated defines manner, then we can debate and use "facts" to back up our information.

Frosty
09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Seriously, it's not that big of a deal (on the broad spectrum).

A more sound argument is that it is simply 100% organic.
Many people are into keeping away from artificial agents, and people devoted to bubble are part of that.

Now please, close this thread.

jBUCKS420
09-16-2009, 11:11 PM
This is proof of the contaminants in BUTANE, not BHO. My quote was taken out of context in that my point was that NO ONE HAS EVER SCIENTIFICALLY ANALYZED A PIECE OF BHO OR BHO SMOKE. You can read about what exists in butane, and what exists in cannabis, and then you can speculate as to what molecules bond to what and what contaminants stay in the oil throughout the process. But you can not say "I have scientifically analyzed BHO and BHO SMOKE through ______ scientific process(es) and these are the substances that it is made up of." So there is not one person out there who can conclusively say that they know what substances exist in BHO.

Now i wasted my time reading the rest of this thread and instead of ignoring it and letting it die I will continue the horribly immature and unstructured debate!

To put a few things to rest(hopefully)

Summary of Hazards & Composition

This is for vector from the MSDS which by law must include all chemicals that make up a product.

Now if we add 60+29+11=100.

Not to sound like a dick but that does not leave any room for anything else, please put this down it needs no more discussion, sorry bubbleman and crew.

Now i wholeheatedly agree about every other point made about why ice or dry sift is better.

Actually this really didn't prove a thing except what Vector Butane is made up of. There is no follow-up information about the chemicals, just what chemicals are there. There is no info in here with regards to butane's interaction with cannabis and what happens chemically. Where is the proof? Which one of these chemicals is unable to evaporate? which one of these chemicals possess the property that makes it bond to the organics in cannabis oil? All I'm asking for is proof and people keep posting the same exerpt from MSDS. Im sure the MSDS hasn't tested the effects of butane on cannabis and vise versa in a labratory. But SOMEONE out there CAN and it will lay all this speculation to rest, even mine (because IM NOT SAYING THAT BHO HAS NO CONTAMINANTS IN IT, Im merely asking for proof that it does, maybe from an experiment conducted DIRECTLY ON A PIECE OF BHO.)

stickyfingers
09-16-2009, 11:34 PM
and why is this BHO thread still alive on the bubble forums? throw out the cans and buy some bags boys...or go to another forums IMO if you want to stand up for butane extraction so much, because this is NOT a tane friendly enviroment.

Fire
09-17-2009, 12:19 AM
LOLOL

wow, just wow

jBUCKS420
09-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Haha Im just havin fun guys don't take anything I say seriously. haha

BigManNew
09-17-2009, 03:38 AM
all I can say is that using water and ice is definitely the best way to go, i had not even heard that it is possible to make bubblehash using butane. it seems as though it would not be very safe...

Hieronymus Bosch
09-17-2009, 06:43 AM
all I can say is that using water and ice is definitely the best way to go, i had not even heard that it is possible to make bubblehash using butane. it seems as though it would not be very safe...

Bubblehash is the product of water/ice method. The term for solvent(butane) extracts is hash oil.

YukonBikerGuy
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Bubblehash is the product of water/ice method. The term for solvent(butane) extracts is hash oil.

Bubblehash is the term for the product of ice/water extraction, but.... Its only hash oil if you make it from hash. People mistakenly call it that because of it's semi-solid form. (the H stands for honey, not hash) The term for solvent extracts is oil, period.

Hash is unbroken trich heads (and some contaminant, plant matter ect)gathered by dry sifting, ice & water extraction, or even hand rub, untouched by chemical solvents.

A nice crossover product that is sort of in the middle is rosin. If you rub some dryish hash on a hot pyrex plate, it leaves behind a bit of an oily residue (rosin) on the pyrex that can be scraped up and smoked in a similar manner to a solid oil, having used zero solvents. I haven't tried this myself yet, but its a technique I learned about from Hash_bean420. I think there may even be a post in these very forums on it.

Hieronymus Bosch
09-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Bubblehash is the term for the product of ice/water extraction, but.... Its only hash oil if you make it from hash. People mistakenly call it that because of it's semi-solid form. (the H stands for honey, not hash) The term for solvent extracts is oil, period.

Hash is unbroken trich heads (and some contaminant, plant matter ect)gathered by dry sifting, ice & water extraction, or even hand rub, untouched by chemical solvents.

A nice crossover product that is sort of in the middle is rosin. If you rub some dryish hash on a hot pyrex plate, it leaves behind a bit of an oily residue (rosin) on the pyrex that can be scraped up and smoked in a similar manner to a solid oil, having used zero solvents. I haven't tried this myself yet, but its a technique I learned about from Hash_bean420. I think there may even be a post in these very forums on it.

Thanks for the clarification.

JamesDean
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
If anyone has a Mass spectrometer, I will gladly exhale b.h.o. smoke into it. In the name of science, of course.

Master.Kuush
03-22-2010, 05:44 PM
I've always heard BHO isn't good but i went on trying it once or twice ( please, don't say you haven't ever tried BHO) it got me curious so i tried it..... but didn't seem to like the feeling nor the taste im getting from it, and when i finally did my research i found all the bad negative about it.. and some secrets that butane company don't even want you to know the kind of chemical stuff they use..

PS.. water ice hash is the way to go..

its like having KOBE BEEF vs USDA (mad-cow) beef
KOBE BEEF GETTING MASSAGE..
USDA MAD-cow BEEF - just getting force fed.. :)

salad931
03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
i really like how broad the color spectrum for bho is, its nice to sometimes have that multicolored bowl to take pictures of
hahaha only reason ive been smoking it recently

the high itself is no where near as good as that of bomb hash
and not interesting enough to even make a thread about imo:)

Sweet Tooth
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Interesting thread with lots of information. I'd like to thank everyone that spreads their knowledge to these forums.

salad931
04-09-2010, 06:19 AM
when i finally did my research i found all the bad negative about it.. and some secrets that butane company don't even want you to know the kind of chemical stuff they use..

what are these secrets youve found now?

Basack
04-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Well last time i checked an msds on vector butane it is non toxic..

http://www.vectorkgm.com/catalog/butane/Vector_Gas_MSDS.pdf

BOILING POINT: 31.1 Degree Fahrenheit

Health Hazards:
Inhalation: 1% vapor concentration may produce anesthetic effects. Non-toxic, but may displace oxygen causing asphyxiation.

The next question is, are we even inhaling butane after purging for 30 minutes and popping bubbles with hot water and heating the oil well above 31 degrees ? If so, how much non toxic butane are we inhaling? definetly not enough to displace oxygen to the brain thats forsure... You breath some carbon dioxide in on the daily, but if you were in a room boxed with taht you would die from the same thing.... Asphyxiation, because of no oxygen. Bho can does not have enough butane in it do harm you. If anything a lighter has wayyy more and can do more damage, although you will most likely never see any side effects from usuing a lighter... same goes with the erllz..

dab on...

YouTube- ?å? ®éçlåîm*?åß

Edit: if you make your erllzz with ronson thats your problem. USE VECTOR

Evergreen
04-09-2010, 02:42 PM
again, anyone that thinks that processing thc with GAS and then smoking it is safe, you are fucking insane. you do not need to argue, you smoke butane.

WhiteWall
04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
dab on.... hahaha your an idiot

kushkommander
04-09-2010, 04:06 PM
again, anyone that thinks that processing thc with GAS and then smoking it is safe, you are fucking insane. you do not need to argue, you smoke butane.

hahaha well said....bubble ftw!

Basack
04-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Ha not a very scientifc response.... Thats like saying " anyone who thinks that smoking with SS screens and inhaling metallic fumes is safe, then your insane"..... but smoking from screens actually is not safe, and when inhaling combusted butane(or water vape if you all look up the product of combusted butane which is c02 and h20...) is not harmful...

BigManNew
04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
This thread makes my stomach hurt

salad931
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I hate to go all California superficial on you guys but forget about the science and cmon.. it's butane.... There's a certain kinda nomad humanistic connection between man and nature with bubble. Though it eliminates terpenes you get that enjoyment of tasting something natural,knowing where it came from

And then there's butane... Although it has not proven to have any harmful effects when smoked, it still has inhalant cautions, so why you'd let that near your product I have no idea. Ontop of that it's gotta be a little intriguing to taste new flavors that wouldn't normally come from some bud, and confuses me on how those new flavors aren't evidentially in someway harmful to the lungs.

And back to the pretentious cali post, this forum is fascinating because of the connection to
man n nature(n gettin blazed:) ) and the techniques that form that connection. I donno I find it as interestig as an painter talking about his painting and the minerals he used to
create them. Any forum about butane jus seems to me like the equivilant of having an art thread that consisted of only basic stencil pieces a 9 year old can do.

But to each their own, I'm sure most of
us hit that bho once in a while, but please(to you advocating bho) don't go makin pages bout it.
Because it jus ain't interesting.

Basack
04-09-2010, 09:40 PM
`Its not like your inhaling butane from the can Lol. You spray it, 98% of the liquid butane evaporates, and then you heat or "purge" for another 30 minutes (or depending on size run) until you get even more out... Theres Much less butane in a 7 gram run on oil then a 1-2 flicks of your butane lighter... Oh no dont use a lighter! You dont need science! There is butane in the lighter! Bad!....Your logic doesnt make sense..

salad931
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Man, you missed the whole point of me post. We've all made butane honey oil and we all know how much butane evaporates, now what we Dont understand is, like bman( ithink) said earlier is what the effect the chemicAls that make it taste and smell like that are on our lungs. But that a side, istill find my reasoning aboutn nature n whatever as a more viable pov than any science excuse.

I don't think we needa drag this on anymore, it's just a matter of point of views til OFFICIAL tests results are given. Smoke yer tane and well smoke our bubble... But for now were all on the same page as far as info is concerned and should stop talkin bout it n talk bout the bubble:)

salad931
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
By the way I do not use lighters hah
and my logic makes sense

Bubbleman
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Well all i can say.. is when i am up here... ( whistler/blackcomb)

I am happy to be hitting BUBBLE>.. certified by mother nature!!!!!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_12501024x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_13811024x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_12041024x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_11311024x768.JPG

I am at one with your theory salad... nature/bubble connection.. good..

exposure to chemical solvents.... uhh.... yeah.. bad...

ok everyone on point....

clear domes away... melty hash can be made without the help of chemical solvents... thats all we're saying!!!!

Butane gives herb a bad name... dont give herb a bad name... its not helping our cause!!!!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_5714B.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0819croppedI.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_0811cropped.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_3282Large.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_3216cropped.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_3257cropped.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_3218cropped.jpg

my two cents... take no offense to that.. i would love to see you all... puffing fullmelt dry sift and fullmelt bubble all day everyday.

gbk.xscape
04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I love my bubble and all natural sift and I've also tried BHO a couple times. Both were amazing and besides the health risks is there a yield difference for the production of both?

salad931
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Gbk, you get a higher yield of killer bho over killa bub cuz it's only one grade instead how ever many bags you use.

toalex
04-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Ha not a very scientifc response.... Thats like saying " anyone who thinks that smoking with SS screens and inhaling metallic fumes is safe, then your insane"..... but smoking from screens actually is not safe, and when inhaling combusted butane(or water vape if you all look up the product of combusted butane which is c02 and h20...) is not harmful...

That's why you burn the screens thru prior to using them and also why one uses beeline so they don't get any butane from a lighter + beeline is so much easier to use when vaping fmb..

salad931
04-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Not sure If someone mentioned this but I got it off icmag

one of bman quotes:I got my informatoion from INDRA> the guy who owns the patent on butane extraction and the guy who first put it up on erowid for all of you to learn>
He tells me that ALL butane has mercapetin in it. THat it is accumulative in the body, and affects the central nervous system ie the lungs, the kidneys, the liver, the heart.
Anyway i thought it was serious enough, to do a little research, but i couldnt find any research that said, there was a butane company that removes all mercapetin. ( apprently its the law)

jus thught mentioning that guys name as bman source would make our thoughts more viable

Herbaloaf
04-10-2010, 01:02 AM
I just closed the tab and lost my post, so I'll keep it short.

Its not like anyone has died or have been burned from making butane.:rolleyes::eek::confused: Oh wait. Someone just had an explosion today (first link).

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/02/2650542/drug-lab.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3518.html

http://www.druglibrary.org/MedicalMj/hash/lighting_cig_suspected_in_hash_o.htm

http://cbs5.com/local/San.Ramon.hash.2.440497.html

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/12/hash_oil_home_explosion_not_a.php

The reality of it is are people are getting hurt ,and killed trying to obtain "Gods Gift to Man".

toalex
04-10-2010, 03:05 AM
I just closed the tab and lost my post, so I'll keep it short.

Its not like anyone has died or have been burned from making butane.:rolleyes::eek::confused: Oh wait. Someone just had an explosion today (first link).

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/04/02/2650542/drug-lab.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3518.html

http://www.druglibrary.org/MedicalMj/hash/lighting_cig_suspected_in_hash_o.htm

http://cbs5.com/local/San.Ramon.hash.2.440497.html

The reality of it is are people are getting hurt ,and killed trying to obtain "Gods Gift to Man".

And when this happens its a fucking blemish on the mj community as a whole... it essentially stoops it to the same level as other homemade chemical concoctions...

Basack
04-10-2010, 03:13 AM
That is explosion hazards of the process of making it.. compeltely different then what we are discussing... thanks tho lulz

Basack
04-10-2010, 03:18 AM
EYTHL MERCAPTAN is a liquid
Yes your all correct its a gas used to add warning scent to oderless gases. But yes, it does evaporate : )
BOILING POINT: 35°C

http://www.arkema-inc.com/plants/canada/msds/ORG901.pdf

Case solved.. Iso butane, N butane, And these so called "mercaptans" all evaporate at around the same temperature.... Bho purged good and made with vector = yyumms

Herbaloaf
04-10-2010, 03:39 AM
And when this happens its a fucking blemish on the mj community as a whole... it essentially stoops it to the same level as other homemade chemical concoctions...

This accident happened in Colorado with a medical marijuana user.

This link was posted previously and is a blemish in the medical community like you said. It also mentions the use of bubble bags to instead of butane. Some free advertising for Bubble Man!

Unlike California, the selling of hash oil is allowed in Colorado.

I believe with the growing number of patients and dispensary's in Colorado we will be hearing more about butane in the news due to injuries and health problems. You have people paying up to $40+ a gram for hash oil that was made in a PVC tubes, is poor purged, and this is suppose to be their medicine. Patients are paying $25 for .25 of "earwax". What a deal.

Then you got people paying $1,400 an ounce for buds dipped in honey oil. One smoke says, "it smokes rough". Wonder why?

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/03/cannabis_caviar_1400-an-ounce.php

Its all comes back to like Bman has said before, its the illusion of prohibition.

Keep it melty.:bong1:

toalex
04-10-2010, 03:54 AM
This accident happened in Colorado with a medical marijuana user.

This link was posted previously and is a blemish in the medical community like you said. It also mentions the use of bubble bags to instead of butane. Some free advertising for Bubble Man!

Unlike California, the selling of hash oil is allowed in Colorado.

I believe with the growing number of patients and dispensary's in Colorado we will be hearing more about butane in the news due to injuries and health problems. You have people paying up to $40+ a gram for hash oil that was made in a PVC tubes, is poor purged, and this is suppose to be their medicine. Patients are paying $25 for .25 of "earwax". What a deal.

Then you got people paying $1,400 an ounce for buds dipped in honey oil. One smoke says, "it smokes rough". Wonder why?

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/03/cannabis_caviar_1400-an-ounce.php

Its all comes back to like Bman has said before, its the illusion of prohibition.

Keep it melty.:bong1:

lol and I'm paying 20g for fmb... tastes and smells like candy :pipe:

nom nom nom
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2063/blackberryfullmeltbubbl.jpg

salad931
04-10-2010, 04:14 AM
the fuck you pick that up?
admit youve driven to every length of los angeles to get some good bubble

salad931
04-10-2010, 04:27 AM
if its the mars og fm yer chill cuz im picking it up tomorrow

toalex
04-10-2010, 04:29 AM
the fuck you pick that up?
admit youve driven to every length of los angeles to get some good bubble

hehe I have spent a good bit looking up all the places that have bubble

but nope just drc :D it's a dif. batch of blackberry then the one (you got) they have atm tho

the batch right now needs to be slightly broken up to melt all the way thru, the first batch of bb I picked up from them I can just put a big ball of it in the middle of the screen and it'll all melt to a puddle.

btw they got some of that mars og in again I think :pipe:

salad931
04-10-2010, 04:36 AM
haha yeah i checked that out, im g13haaaze btw on wt im tryna get my friend to run down while im up here in seattle, hope they have it by sunday if not. yeah the color of that bb isnt as impressive(not gonna make comments bout hash i havent smoked hah)

did you get to try that mars?
i never take weedtracker users rating on bubble haha

toalex
04-10-2010, 05:54 AM
haha yeah i checked that out, im g13haaaze btw on wt im tryna get my friend to run down while im up here in seattle, hope they have it by sunday if not. yeah the color of that bb isnt as impressive(not gonna make comments bout hash i havent smoked hah)

did you get to try that mars?
i never take weedtracker users rating on bubble haha

Haven't had a chance to yet.. but imo just from the pics it looks great, don't really have a need actually to buy anything for a bit heh. :p

BigManNew
04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Doesn't BHO just look weird and have a weird feeling, I mean really if you use a chemical when regular old school water can do the trick why should there even be a discussion. I feel like BHO is just the lazy mans way f making hash. Hash need time put in so you can produce something amazing and good/pure. if you do it with butane then its like doing a hal ass job with the trimming of your plants. Or it is like butane is general hydroponics, and ice water extraction is botanicare or the really intense nute shit.

I have never smoked BHO and I never will, that shit just is not natural.

This should be the end of which is better and cleaner.

That's my 2 cents, take it or leave it, but don't talk shit about it.

YukonBikerGuy
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
[QUOTE=BigManNew;67621]I feel like BHO is just the lazy mans way f making hash. ....... Or it is like butane is general hydroponics, and ice water extraction is botanicare or the really intense nute shit.
QUOTE]

BHO is oil, not hash.

You dissin my GH nutes? If you had seen (maybe look at my gallery?) my bud, or tasted it, you wouldn't be so quick to poo-poo the results of properly used GH nutes. Have you never used GH as well? Since you are bashing on it so knowelgebly.....

You mean if you have never used something you automatically know everything about it? So much that you can bash away freely on something you know nothing about? Wow. Just for future reference, if you want to sound more authoratative/effective in your bashing, you may want to phraze it differently than "I know nothing about this at all, but I assume its bad".

Dont matter what you are bashing, GH, BHO, or taxi cab licence fees.... you should at least seem to have some f'n idea what you are talking about, or else everything that comes out of your mouth is just so much shit. Just my 2 cents.

(now let the haters have at it, lol)

YBG :)

BigManNew
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
YBG, I am not meaning to be hating on it the way you put it, I was just putting my opinion out there to be respected or not, look at it from my point of view. I don't want to put stuff into my body that can cause harmful effects. Of course I am speaking about it through the information I have gathered by reading what other people on this forum seem to know and have posted.

You said that I am bashing it without knowing anything or having even tried the substance, well man I was voicing my opinion, and I never intended to bash. Why not instead of giving me shit about my post try and put what you are trying to say in way that I can learn from it more, and possibly explain to me why it isn't so bad. I only know as much as this forum tells me about BHO, and what I have learned from doing very minor research on it.

Sorry for calling BHO hash, simple mistake no need to get in my face about it.

P.S. (I have been tripping really hard for the last 8 hours, and I am just coming down from it so I apologize If a lot of what I have been saying is making no sense.)

Alphakronik
04-10-2010, 06:46 PM
My .02

I do laugh when I see people trash on BHO for it being made with a solvent, saying "you're smoking butane, you're insane!", then light a bowl with a bic.

The fact is, by lighting a bowl with a lighter and inhaling the ACTUAL fumes, you are getting FAR MORE crap than you would if you smoked BHO, which shouldn't pop, fizzle, sparkle, or do anything other than melt when heated (how you know the butane is gone).

Then again, what da hell do I know.

:D

JamesDean
04-10-2010, 07:09 PM
My .02

I do laugh when I see people trash on BHO for it being made with a solvent, saying "you're smoking butane, you're insane!", then light a bowl with a bic.

The fact is, by lighting a bowl with a lighter and inhaling the ACTUAL fumes, you are getting FAR MORE crap than you would if you smoked BHO, which shouldn't pop, fizzle, sparkle, or do anything other than melt when heated (how you know the butane is gone).

Then again, what da hell do I know.

:D

Lots of people on here, including me, use either a soldering iron or organic hemp rope dipped in organic bees wax to light their bowls. No butane, no tainted flavor. :bongin:

BigManNew
04-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Beeline FTW or a ceramic tipped soldering iron, I can't remember the brand most people use. Also som people use a glass rod and torch

Alphakronik
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Believe me, I know. However, the few people I DO know who use beelines also blaze mad Oil.

In that sense, I have a perfect solution.

Oil Dome.

YukonBikerGuy
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=BigManNew;67625]YBG, I am not meaning to be hating on it the way you put it, I was just putting my opinion out there to be respected or not, look at it from my point of view.

Sorry for calling BHO hash, simple mistake no need to get in my face about it.
QUOTE]

No worries, I was also speaking sort of tounge-in-cheek. :)
Sometimes my brand of sarcasm isnt appreciated..... o well. :)

YBG

salad931
04-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Hehe only a head would think of comparin gh nutes to bho

Basack
04-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah ybg doesnt like if you call your bho hash oil... thats forsure ;)... Anyways, my opinion on bubble is that id rather smoked dry sift and my buds, then just 28 grams in ice ice water to get .4-.5 of bubble... 2-3 hits... So i smoked the bud, dry sifft, and make some yummy oilz with my non toxic mercaptan free bho. Thats all;)

salad931
04-10-2010, 10:30 PM
What are all those posts on then? 90u and ya don't even like the fm! And yeah it's a waste to make bubble out of an ounce of bud I agree, but Thats whythere trim:)

Bubbleman
04-10-2010, 11:02 PM
fact... when you use butane A whole can and more sometimes.. you are concentrating the ethyl mercapetins ( oil soluble ) into your final product...
So no it is not a fact that you get more bad stuff from a bic lighter.. that is utter and total bullshit.. do some reaserch alpha before you open your mouth..

Botton line no need to go back and forth guys... for those of you who want to smoke oil... we can't stop you.. nor do we care to..
but in this community we don't smoke it... so leave it be.. or go hang out somewhere else...
capiche.

Bubbleman

Razz
04-10-2010, 11:10 PM
i've only been saying stop talking about oil for months now......anyway, bubbleman has spoken.....

Razz
04-10-2010, 11:19 PM
chi-town, you stupid moron, when i meet you face to face, im gonna fuck your dope up, just for disrespecting the CHICAGO name, punk!

toalex
04-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah ybg doesnt like if you call your bho hash oil... thats forsure ;)... Anyways, my opinion on bubble is that id rather smoked dry sift and my buds, then just 28 grams in ice ice water to get .4-.5 of bubble... 2-3 hits... So i smoked the bud, dry sifft, and make some yummy oilz with my non toxic mercaptan free bho. Thats all;)

lol atleast use realistic numbers 1.4% return... come on now lol

Basack
04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Toalex i dont know much about bubble yeild but even he said above ^" using an ounce to make bubble is a waste".... And b man, when i run about 7-10 grams, i use less then a quarter can of vector. I just let the first few drips come out.... spray a little more so a few more drips come out, and by then its dripping out clear....

Takes about as much as it takes to fill my torch.. I can get 3-4 runs that size outta a can... Anyways, bubble no doubt is danker then bho . But from what ive read i dont think theres much wrong with smoking some well purged bho made with vector®.

Basack
04-11-2010, 01:27 AM
I understand when you say ethyl mercaptan is oil soluble. From what i see it is not, and also like i said, your lighter has MUCH more ethyl mercaptan in the shit butane inside a disposable lighter, and then the flint also has chemicals.. according to this it is not oil soluble and it has a boiling point of 31 degrees C.

BOILING POINT: 95.2 F (35.1 C)
FREEZING POINT: -234.0 F (-147.8 C)
WATER SOLUBILITY: 6.7% @ 20 C (reacts)
PH: Not available
COEFFICIENT OF WATER/OIL DISTRIBUTION: Not available
SOLVENT SOLUBILITY:
Soluble: alcohol, ether, naphtha, acetone, dilute alkali

http://www.mathesontrigas.com/pdfs/msds/MAT09070.pdf

http://cameochemicals.noaa.gov/chemical/701

has to say :

A clear colorless low-boiling liquid (boiling point 97°F) with an overpowering, garlic-like/skunk-like odor. Flash point -55°F.Less dense than water and very slightly soluble in water.

Now we can already tell our vector doesnt smell like garlic and out Ronson butane does.... Anyways, all i see is slightly water soluble, and a low evaporation temp... Looks good to me..
Ill be doing more research on this "ethyl mercaptan" used for adding scent to dangerous gas.

EDIT: Found more... AGain this ethyl mercaptin IS very dangerous to inhale. But, how much of it is in the vector, and how much of it is in each run... and how much do you evaporate... Seems pretty minute to me... Definitely more in a lighter flick the a bunch of dabs... Expecially since the evaporation temp of the ethyl mercaptin is the same temperature as the butane pretty much. Our water is deffinetly over 91 degrees F... Also, according to this aswell, ethyl mercaptin is NOT soluble in oil..
http://www.arkema-inc.com/msds/999.pdf

salad931
04-11-2010, 02:08 AM
I can find you another site thY shows the bp to be 180c... You might as well be usin wikipedia. I understand most of the sites agree with you, but as far as I'm concerned it don't mean shit til it's a .gov or .edu or something

Chi town coulda made that page for all we know haha

Any ways i wouldn't run an o cuz I don't have a grow... If I did I'd gladly make
it all into bubble:)

well lastly tell yer organs I wish them luck haha and well all pray for a natural bho... I hope even bman couldn't refuse that

But until then les keep to the bubble yehaw

Frosty
04-11-2010, 02:32 AM
if mercaptan evaporates at 35 degrees celsius, then I don't see how letting bho sit in the sun is going to do the trick unless you live in 95+ degree weather

for the majority of users, that means it remains a liquid and therefore in the bho, no?

Hieronymus Bosch
04-11-2010, 03:26 AM
fact... when you use butane A whole can and more sometimes.. you are concentrating the ethyl mercapetins ( oil soluble ) into your final product...
So no it is not a fact that you get more bad stuff from a bic lighter.. that is utter and total bullshit.. do some reaserch alpha before you open your mouth..

Botton line no need to go back and forth guys... for those of you who want to smoke oil... we can't stop you.. nor do we care to..
but in this community we don't smoke it... so leave it be.. or go hang out somewhere else...
capiche.

Bubbleman

I think everyone has missed this ^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Pay attention, it's not difficult.

Basack
04-11-2010, 04:23 AM
I read that Lol..^ and salad let me see this source with 180 C

salad931
04-11-2010, 06:12 AM
http://chemicalland21.com/industrialchem/solalc/ETHYL%20MERCAPTAN.htm

Basack
04-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Hmm i saw that one... Well that must be inaccurate.. Everything else states otherwise...
http://www.arkema-inc.com/plants/canada/msds/ORG901.pdf 35 C
http://www.arkema-inc.com/msds/999.pdf 35 C
http://www.matheson-trigas.com/pdfs/msds/MAT09070.pdf 35.1 C
http://www.megs.ca/MSDS/Pdf/Ethyl_Mercaptan.PDF 35 C...
Its definitely safe to say that the one source you posted is incorrect...

salad931
04-11-2010, 08:23 AM
haha all im saying, is that the source i showed is just as credible as any there

by the way at the bottom of the 1st one it says this

"THE INFORMATION PRESENTED HEREIN HAS BEEN COMPILED FROM SOURCES CONSIDERED TO BE
DEPENDABLE AND IS ACCURATE TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE. HOWEVER, SINCE DATA, SAFETY
STANDARDS, AND GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THE CONDITIONS OF
HANDLING AND USE, OR MISUSE ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL, ARKEMA CANADA MAKES NO WARRANTY
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO COMPLETENESS OR CONTINUING ACCURACY OF THE
INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR RELIANCE THEREON. USER
SHOULD SATISFY HIMSELF THAT HE HAS ALL CURRENT DATA RELEVANT TO HIS PARTICULAR USE."

i stopped thinking they were credible then haha, lets stop pissing bubble man off though yeah?

agree to disagree, ill wait for the government testing:)

toalex
04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
He is correct that the boiling point is at 36C
http://www.osha.gov/dts/chemicalsampling/data/CH_240600.html

Evergreen
04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
That rug really tied the room together, did it not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evergreen
04-11-2010, 03:27 PM
The dude will not stand for this aggression man!

Evergreen
04-11-2010, 03:28 PM
someone should start a bho forum

Basack
04-11-2010, 08:11 PM
haha all im saying, is that the source i showed is just as credible as any there

by the way at the bottom of the 1st one it says this

"THE INFORMATION PRESENTED HEREIN HAS BEEN COMPILED FROM SOURCES CONSIDERED TO BE
DEPENDABLE AND IS ACCURATE TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE. HOWEVER, SINCE DATA, SAFETY
STANDARDS, AND GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THE CONDITIONS OF
HANDLING AND USE, OR MISUSE ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL, ARKEMA CANADA MAKES NO WARRANTY
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO COMPLETENESS OR CONTINUING ACCURACY OF THE
INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR RELIANCE THEREON. USER
SHOULD SATISFY HIMSELF THAT HE HAS ALL CURRENT DATA RELEVANT TO HIS PARTICULAR USE."

i stopped thinking they were credible then haha, lets stop pissing bubble man off though yeah?

agree to disagree, ill wait for the government testing:)

Those msds are the most credible things you can find... Msds DO update but ethyl mercaptan doesnt change Lol and neither does the boiling point..
Also way to just post a disclaimer...

Razz
04-12-2010, 04:07 AM
who fucking cares?

Basack
04-12-2010, 04:53 AM
apparently some razz... apparently some...

kushkommander
04-12-2010, 04:16 PM
ill second that razz.....this is a bubblehash website....oilheads gtfo

Basack
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
ill second that razz.....this is a bubblehash website....oilheads gtfo

Actually this is a site called full melt bubble... Its soul purpose is not intended only for bubble hash... This site includes the forum sections titled :

Bubble News
Ice water extracted bubble hash
Dry sift hash
Hash from around the world
Growing Trichomes (indoor, outdoor, etc)
Hash History
Glass Flow
StrainBase
Glass Utensils
What happened in history today?
Wildlife, Cooking, Art, Medicines, Music, ETC...
And last but not least psychedelics.

So dont tell me this is a strictly bubblehash site and also dont tell me to "get the fuck out" unless your a moderator. Theres more to discuss here then just bubble hash. gtfo!

kushkommander
04-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Actually this is a site called full melt bubble... Its soul purpose is not intended only for bubble hash... This site includes the forum sections titled :

Bubble News
Ice water extracted bubble hash
Dry sift hash
Hash from around the world
Growing Trichomes (indoor, outdoor, etc)
Hash History
Glass Flow
StrainBase
Glass Utensils
What happened in history today?
Wildlife, Cooking, Art, Medicines, Music, ETC...
And last but not least psychedelics.

So dont tell me this is a strictly bubblehash site and also dont tell me to "get the fuck out" unless your a moderator. Theres more to discuss here then just bubble hash. gtfo!

ok ballsack...barack...basack whatever the main point was this website is NOT for OIL or SOLVENT MADE CONCENTRATES so yes ill say it again gtfo! discuss what you want listed in those sections but keep your butane bullshit to yourself

good day

Razz
04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
maybe basack, or ballsack, or whatever, can get together with chi-town, oil each other up, and jerk each other off, in tandem (that means together, moron).

Basack
04-13-2010, 01:01 AM

ripps
04-13-2010, 04:40 AM
point is... a moderator asked you to stop talkin about oil. Yet 6 posts directly involving oil later, you are still talking. if you had quit 2 pages ago we probably wouldnt be sitting here talking about basack's circle jerk session.

I normally mind my own business and as rediculous as this arguement is, I had to speak my mind

OnlyHighGrade
04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
oil will always be big on the east. it's the fast food of hash products. Any idiot can do it, and it only takes a few dollars to make. Also, you need very minimal product of very minimal quality, and you will still get this big yield to ruin your head with.

I can almost guarantee, most people who rep BHO are from non cannabis friendly states and are jonesin to buy bags of beaster.

that's what I always thought anyway.

Razz
04-13-2010, 07:05 PM
let me clarify.....chi-town is the circle jerk, and basack is the pivot man!

Basack
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Actually butane is used in the food industries as a solvent to extract vital oils from other plants besides marijuana... Yes im in a non Mmj legal state. And no i dont blast beasters Lol... People down here dont even say "beasters" cause were not homos...

Cant go pick up dank on command at a store.... But i do work with what i can get...

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu286/Basackglass/DSC_0010-12.jpg

http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu286/Basackglass/DSC_0002-16.jpg

Yes i spray these buds Lol

doobiehuffer
04-14-2010, 12:32 AM
no one cares about oil here why not post your oil stuff in a forum that would appreciate it?
nice nugs tho :)

hedeez
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow, oil censorship..Did yall forget you have a psychadelics forum? do you know how those are made, synthesized and extracted??? Often isopropyl among other noxious chemicals are used to catalyst or extract psychadelics

Did anyone ever actually have some top notch purged vector oil tested like was claimed?

Basack
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow, oil censorship..Did yall forget you have a psychadelics forum? do you know how those are made, synthesized and extracted??? Often isopropyl among other noxious chemicals are used to catalyst or extract psychadelics

Did anyone ever actually have some top notch purged vector oil tested like was claimed?

Lol This 10x... I think the oil censorship is only because bubble products are recommended here.... :pipe:

kushkommander
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Lol This 10x... I think the oil censorship is only because bubble products are recommended here.... :pipe:

in the words of red foreman "LISTEN UP DUMBASS" its a health and safety concern that we do not encourage here

I hope you can retain that info

toalex
05-05-2010, 10:39 PM

Are you honestly comparing putting a few pieces of blotter in your mouth or smoking dmt once in a blue moon to pufffing on oil all day every day?

I'm sorry but I don't want to have oily lungs, fmb plox.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2063/blackberryfullmeltbubbl.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2063/blackberryfullmeltbubbl.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9279/blackberryfullmelt.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6209/greencrackfm.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9492/blackberryfmcont.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9866/trainwreckfmb.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3443/trainwreckcloseup.jpg

Bongwater420
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
lol toalex even if u smoke bubble ur going to get oil in your lungs once the vapors condnese in your lungs but there wont be a chance of having chemicals present

stickyfingers
05-05-2010, 11:25 PM
this thread still gets replies? down with dope and up with hope!

Justme
05-06-2010, 04:17 AM
back from the dead like Jesus ..

sibannac
06-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow I love you dumb mofo's that cant even read what the sites name is. Its called
FULLMELTBUBBLE, see F U L L M E L T B U B B L E. I didn't see bho in the name???

Honestly if this was my site any one who posted about oil and how great it is would get insta banned. period.

No respect.

DrBudGreengenes
06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
:passit:
Wow...
Humans never Cease to amaze me
They are one of the only animals
that can learn
from a mistake made by the others
..yet it seems they all need to Bump their Own heads