PDA

View Full Version : Ayahuasca

lepstadder
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Well I did not see anything about this on here so i thought i would start a thread.

It is pretty much one of my favorite ways to "explore" the universe.

If anyone has any questions I guess post them in this thread.

When i have time i will post a tek on brewing and different plants and admixtures.

DCALLSTARR
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
ehhh

id rather smoke DMT anyday than drink that remedy haha

bingobango
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
SWEEEEET

Been wanting to learn!

follow1yourpath
09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
DMT chills so hard.

Bubbleman
09-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Ayahuasca is definitly no joke... its the real deal....

I was lucky enough to have a caredero shaman living in my village for the past 7 years...
he has been drinking ayahausca for decades...

He turned us on to making it with bannisteriopsis caapi ROOT BARK... the highest levels of the molecules we are seeking can be found there.. ie Harmine and Harmiline.. potentiators for the DMT ( which is usualy found in the viridis virola..)
however one can find the DMT necesarry for the trip in Psylocibin mushrooms. The psylobin and psylocin are actualy in the Tryptamine family.
I have done sirian rue seeds mixed with mushrooms and found a very similiar experience for those of you that cannot locate the initial plants needed.

Woud love to hear how you prepare and some of your experiences Lepstadder..

thanks for starting this thread..

peace
Bubble man

abuse
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
DMT was the shit... chill as fuck but like orgasmic all over my body

follow1yourpath
09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
After doing some erowid research I'm really interested in your remedey and experiances.

toalex
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
first time smoking dmt was at a rave hahaha

saw universal knowledge, then I was floating in space and gazing down at the milkyway which turned into a dying red milkyway afterwards the last thing I saw was the energy that people produced so instead of seeing people I would see glowing stick figures practically

lepstadder
09-12-2009, 04:50 PM
DMT is fun -- But it is NOT Ayahuasca.

Ayahuasca is a name given to the plant Banisteriopsis caapi as well as the drink that is made from it, which can also contain up to over 100 different admixtures.

Some of these addmixture plants contain DMT plant like Chacruna or Chaliponga , other contain medicine for many different ailments that the shaman will heal during a ceremony.

Caapi is a moai, it inhibits your body from metabolizing DMt when you drink the brew. Dmt is not orally active even in large doses, unless you take an maoi, the maoi that is present in caapi is harmine, harmaline, and tetrahydroharmine.

The average concentration of alkaloids in a brew are

* 250mg harmine
* 160mg THH
* 30mg harmaline
* 36mg DMT

This was from Banisteriopsis caapi and Chacruna as tested by t.mckenna.

Ayahuasca is first and formost a spiritual endevor not to be taken lightly. It is not a party drug. It can be wondrously beautiful or terrifying beyond your worst nightmare. It can be a great cleansing experience.

Ayahuasca is a purgative, it can and will make you vomit, the natives believe this to be part of the process, and very beneficial to mind and body.

IMPORTANT

:beaver: A proper diet must be taken for at leat 24 hours before and after. You must be on a tyramine free diet becuase of the maoi. Also many medications must be stopped for 2 weeks, you can to a quick interent search for all medications foods and even herbal suppliments that are contradicted by MOAI.:beaver:

Now like bubbleman mentioned there are several other Ayahuasca "analouges" that have a certain popularity, like the aforementioned syrian rue or Peganum harmala , it containes the alkaloids hamine and harmaline with very little tetrahydroharmine. syrian rue can be known to feel toxic and less forgiving as an maoi. ---------Do not eat the seed strait!-------- you can make a tea out of them, they are cheaper than caapi.

They can be taken with mushrooms or any other ayahuasca admixture. Mimosa hostilis is normally taken with rue becuase they are more cost effective and contain higher concentraitions of the desired alkaloids.

lepstadder
09-12-2009, 04:52 PM
I will go over prep at another time, sorry it took so long to post the info,

Razz
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah we made a batch at the spirit within in vancouver..momosis hostillis i beleive... and we carried banasteriasis caapi root in bulk...as well as psycosis viridis and all types of shamanic items...peruvian torch.. anyway, i'm stoned right now, sorry

themasochist
09-14-2009, 03:25 AM
I don;t know that I would mess with this unless I had a Shaman handy.

Kudos
09-14-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm a bit too scared to try Ayahuasca myself, or DMT for that matter...... but I love reading about this stuff!

I just think it would be way too intense for me, considering psilocybin can almost be too intense for me at times.

abuse
10-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I don;t know that I would mess with this unless I had a Shaman handy.
LOL, I agree

Superfluous
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I've had a good bit of experience extracting and introducing people to pure N,N DMT but I wouldn't recommend it over ayahuasca. They're definitely not a recreational drug and thusly shouldn't be treated as such.

Ayahuasca is on the high end of psychedelic intensity, fairly long lasting, and very revelationary and life changing.

Pure inhaled DMT can be a little overwhelming for many people and it's hard to really remember much of your experience after a few minutes or so. Kind of like when you wake up from a dream.. everything seems extremely vivid until you start trying to remember details.. and then.. things just start slipping away until you barely remember anything but the most basic outline of your experience even though you know there was so much more to it.

There is such a thing referred to as 'pharmahuasca" which is taking extracted pure N, N DMT packed in a pill and an MAOI such as syrian rue (harmaline, harmine) to potentiate the DMT but the resulting experience is extremely lacking compared to a prepared brew of jungle vines and herbs.

Just as the beautiful cannabis plant contains dozens upon dozens of active cannabinoids which make up the overall experience of being "high," so too do the natural jungle plants have their own properties. Just as smoking pure THC alone will not provide a well-rounded experience neither will pure DMT and harmaline. This is also applies to entheogenic cactii whereas it's known that mescaline is the most active chemical yet taken by itself will never compare to the whole cactus and all of it's actives together.

In other words..

ayahuasca > smoked/vaporized dmt

it's not something for everybody and certainly not something you should force upon anybody. Intrepid travelers only ;).

lepstadder
10-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Very good information.

Thank you for your contribution.

OnlyHighGrade
10-20-2009, 02:39 AM
I was always scared to try DMT because of all the hype behind it. Now, it's one of my favorite psychedelics. I just enjoy the lack of commitment. All I really need is one big toke and I'm in another world for only about 7-10 minutes. The come down is so quick and instant. I can literally function normally without side effect minutes after smoking it. Definitely not something you want to abuse, but in minor doses I truly think it's the 'miracle molecule'.

GonGsters420
10-20-2009, 04:05 AM
dmt changed my life. everyone should try it at least once, its incredible. thats my 2 cents

DCALLSTARR
10-20-2009, 04:42 AM
my "businessman's trip" was incredible..

i felt jimi hendrix coursing through my veins!

hashcat
10-20-2009, 06:55 AM
i love dmt

i am pretty sure both times ive smoked it was nndmt.

the first time i had a totally life changing experience where i pretty much attained enlightenment and for some reason i felt like i had been revealed the hindu faith as the truest religion on earth even though i didnt know much about it. i took a few big hits off a pipe with weed and had crazy hallucinations like i couldnt believe.

the second time i was kind of drunk beforehand and took one big rip out of a methpipe thingy. i felt like i was on 20 hits of acid for like 10 minutes and then came back, but nothing really meaningful happened i just had insane visuals.

im dying to do it again in the right place at the right time. aya sounds pretty awesome too.

mnglasshead
11-21-2009, 02:39 AM
This reminds me a bit of Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice by Mark Plotkin. I believe he experiments with a jungle brew like Ayahuasca. Good read if you are interested in alkaloids and their uses.

lepstadder
11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Well i have not visited this thread lately and was unsure if others have, but i am back and will finally post my prefered recipe...

This is for use with mimosa hostilis, chakruna or Chaliponga for the dmt

and Caapi vine for the maoi

The dose using this method will be less as we would be using a stronger acid(still food safe) and soaking for longer.

REMEMBER!!!!! ---- Always know your material!!!!!!!!!!!!

Test is in small amounts on yourself.

The caapi used for one dose would be about 20-50 grams-

30-50 of chakruna

and Chaliponga is a bit more potent than chakruna so about 10-25 grams

MHRB- no more than 3 grams-this stuff is potent most of the time

Put 20 drops of 10% food grade phosphoric acid in 1/2 gal of distilled water
2. Mix jar
3. Put powdered herbs for one dream into jar and soak 4-5 days in fridge shaking often. Filter with t-shirt and place in fridge to settle.
4. Collect herbs off t-shirt put into mixture of 10 drops of phosphoric acid and another 1/2 gal of distilled water. Let both mixtures soak for another 3-4 days in fridge.
5. Filter 2nd mixture with t-shirt and discard herbs.
6. Place both mixtures into steel pot.
7. Take one egg and remove yolk, whisk egg white then mix into pot.
8. Simmer pot until egg cooks then collect egg(filter with t-shirt) and discard egg.
9. Reduce by simmering until desired amount of liquid(~2-3oz).
10. Done

I do not take any credit for this recipe, it is on the forums at forums.ayahuasca.com

Theconcentration of acid in this is less than in a can of soda and the egg white filtration is used to reduce the tannins in the brew to help with premature nausea.

BigManNew
05-12-2011, 10:09 AM
How do you determine the starting dose amount of the brew per person (in fl oz preferably or cups) ?

Also other than the Caapi and Chakruna, are the MHRB and Chaliponga neceserray to add to the recipe or were they included as alternatives to the Chakruna?

What does MHRB stand for?

Green Supreme
05-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark. Sounds like you should do more reading first. Good luck. Peace GS

faintfuzzies
05-13-2011, 04:59 AM
any one try reed canary grass to get a form of dmt. if so how was it, safe to use ?

bagseed77
05-13-2011, 05:13 PM
is there a link to buy all this stuff so we can shamanize ourselves, i know bbb used to have it but whats the new spot ?

Green Supreme
05-13-2011, 06:03 PM
These folks have a few things that look like fun. Might be pricey to some, but that only counts if you have somewhere cheaper to find it lol. Peace GS

http://www.urbanshaman.net/index.php?n=Main.Catalog

lepstadder
05-15-2011, 05:17 PM
reed canary has never been used by any culture before as far as i know, some folks have done extraction to get DMT but that is not ayahuasca

MHRB also has never been used in traditional ayahuasca

But chakruna and Chaliponga are both used indigenously as visionary additives to ayahuasca

maya enthobotanicals in Europe is a great site, icaros DNA is a great one from south america and kt botanicals is in the USA

lornem16
12-06-2011, 03:36 PM
ever hear of the herbal percolator??