PDA

View Full Version : WTF Illadelph coil problem

Blunts R US
09-16-2009, 07:47 PM
So today after class i get home take my coil out of the freezer put it on the base, but as i was attaching it to the base the marble over the fill hole fell off. This isn't the end of the world but now i think the glue is loose on the coil too. If the glue on the coil is going to fall off how should i go about fixing this. Hot glue gun? Gorilla glue? Please help

yawbus
09-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Contact Illadelph and see what they say.

originaldutchmaster
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
this happened to a friend of mine when he took his out of being stored in his attic, whole vatra bag was covered in the goo... the epoxy they use seems to wear off often times

cheesebox
09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Glued glass fail :( I would use industrial grade epoxy I suggest going to advanced auto parts, and picking up a "EXTREME REAR VIEW MIRROR EPOXY" package, they make a small single use kit for like 6$ be super careful or you will loose all the skin on one of your fingers lol. Also while your their pick up some 400 grit sand paper and clean up both sides of the previous glue attempt. ruffing up the surface will help with adhesion apply the glue and use a rubber band to hold the marble solidly on their.

Something like this
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_REARVIEW-MIRR-ADHSV-Permatex_7160095-P_N3239_C|GRP2034____

*NOTE* I dont own a Illy coil, I am just speaking from my personal experience with automotive glass, as a factory trained ford master technician.

Blunts R US
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks cheese def good ideas just wish you were a chevy master technician so you could help me out with my 74 chevy nova project.

cheesebox
09-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Hah no problem :) if your in NY that sounds like a wicked project, I may be a ford tech, but I drive and race mazda's throwing a megasquirt in my RX7 tonight, should be exciting untuned ECU and a grenade-happy motor thats my idea of a good time.

abuse
09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Hah no problem :) if your in NY that sounds like a wicked project, I may be a ford tech, but I drive and race mazda's throwing a megasquirt in my RX7 tonight, should be exciting untuned ECU and a grenade-happy motor thats my idea of a good time.
While stoned right? :)

cheesebox
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Actually I never drive stoned, I take it very seriously as I Road Race professionally and have seen some scary crashs. With the morons on the street I need all my wits about me.

OrganicOdins420
09-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Actually I never drive stoned, I take it very seriously as I Road Race professionally and have seen some scary crashs. With the morons on the street I need all my wits about me.
agreed, i find driving stoned scary

Basack
09-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Illy coil is to fail
As bong is to freezer

cheesebox
09-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Did you just come into his thread just to rip on his piece? Your a dousche-nozzle.

Freebird17
09-17-2009, 12:58 AM
dousche-nozzle.

I havent heard that in awhile. I lold.

Aqua Lab Tech
09-17-2009, 03:26 AM
This is a common problem with the illadelph coils. You can contact them and they will repair it for you.

http://illadelphglassgallery.com/

Aqua Lab Tech

Blunts R US
09-17-2009, 04:54 AM
HAHAHAHAHA thanks for having my back cheese but its cool i don't mind the bashing coils are kinda blown up to be more than they really are but i still love it. And no need to call Illadelph i just repaired it tonight with some glass sealent apoxy stuff. We'll see in the morning.

And yea maybe i will hit you up next time i'm in NY cheese i have a lot of family all over queens and the long island.

BurgundyHash
09-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Illy coil is to fail
As bong is to freezer

Illy hate is to douche-nozzle.......

thats it... cut the crap and stop bullshit illadelph hate....this isnt Jokecity so cut the un invited illadelph troll fest 09