PDA

View Full Version : worm casting tea

hashcat
09-17-2009, 11:43 PM
i want to incorporate some kind of compost tea into my grow to add beneficial bacteria.

im currently growing in straight coco (canna or bcuzz) and basically using the rez formula 6/9ml micro/bloom and kool bloom a couple times during flower. been using GH florablend compost tea but want to start making my own!

so basically i get a tub with newspaper, maybe some used coco, and greens like old lettuce and apples and add worms? do i have to keep this outside or can i do it in my growroom, and if i do it inside will it stink the room up? if i do it outside ill have to put it on my roof cuz i dont have access to a private yard

then after i have some good compost i take some in a nylon bag and bubble it for 24hrs-36hrs?

now this is where i get confused. do you water with the straight tea or do you mix it into a water solution, and at what ratio?

also, i plan on using the tea every other watering, with feeding on the other days. will the chem nutes fuck with the biology?

also, what other brands of products would you reccomend for someone to go organic but keep it simple. id rather have it come in a bottle and not have to buy 3 or 4 of them just to fulfill a nutrient regime. GH flora has been very successful for me so far and see no reason to change other than the fact that i will be doing compost tea.
im not a big organic freak or anything but it would be nice i guess. i dont want to suffer and yields either although i hear that is a common misconception when switching from chem to organic

collieman
11-08-2009, 08:23 AM
hum tea kits from cutting edge

Evergreen
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
yeah that cutting edge shit is pretty bomb, I live like 20 miles form their headquarters. Good stuff

mnglasshead
12-05-2009, 05:04 AM
My school uses a bin called an earth tub. It is a huge bin with a large auger diagonally going into the lid of the tub. You turn the auger on and walk the lid in a circle and the auger mixes everything inside. It has a pump which goes into a garbage can looking bin filled with mulch called a bio filter which just allows the sludge from the bin to filter through something. Then it is pumped out again into another bucket and that is the compost tea we use on our gardens here at school. They dilute it quite a bit, i believe 1/8 concentration if i am not mistaken because the compost we make is pretty strong. You should keep it in a place where it will not dry out entirely and keep moving it around. You could definitely do a DIY system a lot like this one, it works great for us. Let me know if you want pictures or any other information.

ja rasta
12-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Defintley get a couple pictures if you don't mind. Any chemicals used at your school or just pure organics? Is water used to break down the concentrated compost, or something else?

diggity
12-07-2009, 10:18 PM
this is just compost tea

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/DSCN1041.JPG
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/DSCN1043.JPG

mnglasshead
12-08-2009, 02:27 AM
I haven't gotten pictures yet, I will soon, but I was able to get some answers to your questions. The tub uses no chemical additives. Currently they collect waste from our cafeteria and separate it into meat and compost material. The meat we give to a local farmer for his chickens to pick through. The veggies and other OM from the caff are collected weighed and added to the earth tub. We add new compost material everyday and turn the compost in the tub so adding water is not necessary as the constant addition of new sloppy shit is always going in. We try as best we can to balance the different types of bacterial life in our compost at any given time. Smell, color, consistency and other factors are great indicators of the amendments necessary. Keep the questions coming and I will keep answering. We have some weird permaculture systems at my school which I think would be interesting to try with trichome propagation. Let me know, and I will get pictures soon.

hashcat
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
yeah diggity thats what im talking about

those pics yours??

diggity
12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Yep, it's just straight compost tea with a little added molasses (after it bubbles for 24 hours is when you add the molasses). Not diluted at all, and mainly used for foliar application

ubiogrow
01-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Please check out our web site I have a product that is all natural that will work great and is in a liquid and has all the benefits of a compost tea and has a indefinete shelf life. check us out at ubiogrow.com

Evergreen
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
what is the ubiogrow made with?? there is NO info (that I can find) which states what the product is made with, all it says is it helps with everything.

Evergreen
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
is ubio organic???????????????

Justme
01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Ive herd foliar sprays don't work as well as people think .. though that tea looks delicious. Why not feed it to the roots?

Evergreen
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
some strains have good reactions with foliar sprays as others react poorly, it depends on how many nutrients the plant s already taking up and how strong the foliar spray is. Also remember that you HEARD this.
I heard that placing mylar at a 45 degree angle below your plants will increase the yield, but I am a grower and know that shit is just plain stupid.

Can you get some more info on foliar sprays performing lower than grower expectations from wherever you heard this from, it would be interesting to hear this persons reasoning.

Justme
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
No i have no articles supporting this .. just wanted to hear some opinions ..

Justme
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
ok here is article that says im stupid ... this is regarding household plants more then herb .. but .. i dont see why it wouldn't apply ..

http://www.sustainable-gardening.com/soil/foliarfertilizer.html

Evergreen
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
interesting stuff. . .

ubiogrow
01-04-2010, 01:29 AM
what is the ubiogrow made with?? there is NO info (that I can find) which states what the product is made with, all it says is it helps with everything.
UBIOGROW is made from plant humus and manure it is a compost tea that is indefinitly suspended. It is organic and made inTexas and has a long term shelflife. I am willing to give you a sample to test and would like your feed back. NO N,K,P IS ADDED IT IS ALL NATURAL!!!!
UBIOGROW is not a fertilizer, hormone or hydroponics nutrient solution. UBIOGROW is a micronutrient complex made of naturally occurring elements that are essential for plant growth. Fertilizers and nutrients solutions provide your plants with major elements necessary for plant growth. Some contain a few additional elements. UBIOGROW provides your plants with essential minor elements (micronutrients) not provided by your hydroponics nutrient solution.
UBIOGROW is a micronutrient product with a balanced formula of micronutrients that causes these elements to interact with one another. The ingredients in UBIOGROW are blended to act as one synergistic ingredient when activated to give your plants more of what they need to be their very best.

Evergreen
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM
now im interested

ubiogrow
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Evergreen you can email me at [email protected] include an address and i will send you a quart to test.