PDA

View Full Version : First time whoes

bubblepap
04-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Hello everyone,
This is my first thread on this awesome site. Really enjoying working with my one gallon bags but I am running into some problems with taste. Most of my product seems to be coming through with a bad taste, siomilar to some of my bud I left to dry while accidnetly being fogged to sulfur. The bud was useless but now most of my product seems to have the same horrible taste. Am I ruinind my product by running mu sulfur burner too close to harvest. I'd sure love to hear form anyone who may have experienced the smae problems. Love the site and hope to make it a regular visit.
Bublepap

Bubbleman
04-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Hello there bubblepap, i can tell you i have had plenty of experience with this dreaded sulfur. Here in vancouver the product is called DEFENDER. MOst people use it only in vegging, but i know a few that run it thru and thru. The problem with sulfur is if you run it within the first week or two of bloom, you are asking for trouble. The sulfur breaches the trichome head, and basicaly is there for ever. I have seen people try and make oil from this material and it still is sulfur tasting. I have personaly thrown away ounces of sulferated bubble, due to the fact that the sulfur does not get removed in the extraction process, rather , it gets concentrated along with the hash> So basicaly your shit is going to taste like sulfur no matter what. I would toss the hash, and move on> If you really have a hard time tossing the hash and enjoy edibles. then you can simply make some brownies with it, cook it down into butter or vegetable oil.

sorry this is probably the answer you didnt want to hear, but bottom line, you would much rather have a little powdery mildew than some nasty ass tasting bubble

by the way welcome to the site, and thanks for your questions it should go into our FAQ on bubble making and some of the problems you can run into,.

peace
Bubble man

bubblepap
04-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Bubbleman,
Thanks much for the advice. I figured that was what was going on but like you said it was NOT the answer I wanted to hear :) Oh well, live and learn. I've allready removed the sulfer burner it was damaging good bud from overuse also. I'm hoping my de-humidifier and general more experience will make up for it in the future. I had a hell of a mold problem before starting to use it (the sulfer that is), but then again I didn't have a de-humidifier. Humidity ran close to 90% at nite. yeah, no wonders I had mold.
I still have a good amount of trim from before the use of the burner so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good product from that.
Thanks again for the advice and keep it green:sick1:

Bubbleman
04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey man sorry to be the bearer of bad sulfur news, but happy to turn ya onto new ways of saving your future trim from contamination.
Let us know how your pre sulfer burner trim turns out.

Peace
Bubble man