PDA

View Full Version : Noob Bubble Questions

Drfunk411
04-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Hello. I tried to make bubble hash for the first time this weekend. It didnt really work out so well and im trying to figure out why. I have a 4 bag 5 gallon kit. About 230 grams of fresh trim. Also a quarter ounce of some nice re veg bud off the bottom of one of the plants. The trim was basically tips and some leaf but not the big fan leafs. It wasnt candy coated but im sure there was good stuff to be had. Definetly good bud too Jack Herer and such. I checked out the instuctions on the Bubblebag site and basically did it that way. Ice water past the screen. Then trim, then ice. Stirred with a wooden spoon for 15 minutes and then let settle for 30. Adding ice as needed. I pulled the bags up and got like a gram total from both batches.
Some things i was thinking about afterwards. Should the trim be dried first? Should i have let the mixture settle then stir it again? Should i have used a mixer? The water was super green but i didnt get the foam that i see when you use a mixer. Should i not expect to get much from just trim? The plant matter was clumping when i mixed it. I did my best to break it up. Does that matter? Help guys. Next time i do this i wanna nail it. Thank you

fullmeltbubble
04-02-2008, 08:23 AM
well I'll tackle some of the questions thoughts you had.....

Should the trim be dried first?

this is not neccesary, you can take trim/nugs straight from a plant and put them in ice water and make hash...your yield is gonna be affected depending on the dryness of the material.

Should i have let the mixture settle then stir it again?

well hopefully you kept the trim/nugs in a freezer and used cold water...I like to add the trim to the bucket with ice and water and let sit for 10-15 minutes...let the water get super chilled and the trim more brittle...

Should i have used a mixer?

for a bigger yield maybe...but for better quality defintly NOT...the more you mix/beat the herb the more chance of contaminets getting through...

Bubbleman
04-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Its sounds like you got some good advice there form fullmeltbubble. tHE only thing i would add is that you did use fresh trim. so 230grams of fresh trim, may have weighed only 50 plus grams of actual dry trim> If this is the case, then your numbers aren't super as low as they may seem. A ususaly get around 3 to 7% return on high grade trim> Did you use fan leaf as well? or just the tiny little trim that is cut from the bud?
i have seen large batches of fan leaf produce next to nothing that is why i ask.

Peace
Bubble man

Drfunk411
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
He guys thanks for responding with the promptness. So now the dry scuff makes sense. I used all the leaf i trimmed off of the buds and some of the smaller ones around the buds. No big fan leaves. What is considered dry? Bone dry or half dry? Im sure if i had 200 grams dry that my final product would probably triple compared to my first batch. What do you fellas think about "running" it twice before i pull the bags? In that i mean stirring it again after i let it settle for a half an hour, then letting it settle again before i pull the bags up? Again Thank you very much. Another 30 days and ill be ready to try again. Next time ill take some pics so you guys can tell me if in fact im missing something.

Drfunk

Bubbleman
04-02-2008, 11:10 PM
well you can always do two or three runs on a single batch of trim, but i would never let it all fall into the same set of bags. I would pull the bags after the first pull, so as to not sacrifice my quality. then run it again and filter it thru the clean bags. YOu will see not only how efficient you were, but also the quality difference's in the two batchs.

let us know

Bubble man

Drfunk411
04-03-2008, 03:12 AM
So basically, do the first run. Clean the bags then put them back in.(Excluding the 220 bag?). Then pour my green water back in with fresh ice. And stir for 15, settle for 30? Or is that not it? Just making sure.

fullmeltbubble
04-03-2008, 03:25 AM
no, he's saying do a run...throw out that water, add more water and ice and do another run

Bubbleman
04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah what he said ^^^

Bubble man