PDA

View Full Version : Yom Kippur

fullmeltbubble
09-27-2009, 06:10 PM
tonight is one of the most "holy" days in the Jewish Religon...Yom Kippur(Day of Atonement)...From Sunday Night to Monday night, your not supposed to eat, drink, drive, smoke or use electricity....its a day of reflection with no "outside" influence....for 10 days starting on Rosh Hashana(New Year) G-D has opened the "book" you have 10 days to admit all your wrong doings for that year....on the 10th day, Yom Kippur, the focus should be between man and G-D...after the day is over Monday night....G-D "closes the book"....I'm not religious at all really, the only reason i follow the rules of this day is a promise i made to my dying Grandmother....But its actually a pretty cool concept.....Fasting is a highly spiritual thing(if your in the right frame of mind)

OnlyHighGrade
09-27-2009, 06:20 PM
thanks for the history lesson, genuinely. I have a lot of jewish friends, and for some reason still never knew what this particular holiday was all about.

thanks,,,

Frosty
09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Shomer Shabbos!
-Walter Sobchak

guineapig
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
One of the few times you get to hear the Shofar played, a ceremonial ram's horn......

Hopefully people will take it seriously and spread the message of atonement and forgiveness.....

-gp loves ya

Razz
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM
wow, i'm gonna make a thread about all kinds of catholic stuff.....

originaldutchmaster
09-28-2009, 02:39 PM
happy holidaze fmb, cant say ive been fasting but its been spiritual nonetheless

H3BrewGlaSsHustla
10-05-2009, 08:50 PM
teeekeeaaaa