PDA

View Full Version : Marc Emery Gets Taken Into Custoday

Bubbleman
09-29-2009, 02:30 AM
Today was a sad day in vancouver.. this morning at 10am Marc went into the law courts in down town vancouver and was taken into custody where he will be eventualy taken from Canada into the US..

Here is a link to Marc's site with video updates of the event..

http://www.cannabisculture.com/

YouTube - Morning News@ Noon News, Marc Emery Turns himself in

here are a few shots from the story the Calgary Herald ran today..

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///2043978.bin.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///2043980.bin.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///2043981.bin.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///2043411.bin.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///2043977.bin.jpg

Peace
Bubble man

Green Supreme
09-29-2009, 02:38 AM
A shameful day in our countries history. Makes me embarrassed to be Canadian. Think good thoughts Marc. Respect. Peace GS

lepstadder
09-29-2009, 02:50 AM
Makes me sad to be an American.

A true shame that we have not taken more of an action in our country to prevent this awful tragedy.

OnlyHighGrade
09-29-2009, 03:12 AM
i really can't believe canada gave him up. i really thought there was a chance they would continue to hold out. however, there really is no resisting the long arm of the US government. They have and will continue to do whatever they want.

I feel bad for him and his family despite him stealing my money on 3 occasions. The got Eddy & Marc. Whose next? Jack?

DrBudGreengenes
09-29-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm Sorry...

d0rk2dafullest
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM
this hash bowl for you, emery

Telperion
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
They don't want any stinking hippies or anything that remotely resembles someone who can stir political disenfranchisement like Eddy or Marc et.al. I thought we had an inside track with Obama in power, but it looks like he is just a sham, and our hope really is dwindling. Sad days indeed.

POG
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
still playing polytricks on people....shamed to be candaian at the moment
i'll smoke a hit for you emery

Bongwater420
09-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Such a sad day.. That one of Canadians true innovators/Activists is gone

What shall we do

FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHT AS HUMAN BEINGS AND OVER GROW THE GOVERNMENT

WHOOOOOO RAAAAAAA!

mark ull always be with us, in out hearts in our souls

Razz
09-29-2009, 04:54 PM
one of my hero's. i hate to see you go. godspeed, sir!

Bubbleman
10-01-2009, 05:09 AM
I spoke with Dana Larson today and he was saying that Marc Manager to borrow a Phone with some minutes and phone his wife jodie recently.
He mentioned he has a a TV in his Cell ( in the local BC jail that he is at now )
He could be at this jail for the next 2 weeks to 2 months.. depending on how long the justice minister takes to sign off on his extradition...

Just keeping you guys updated..

Bubble man

hashcat
10-01-2009, 05:39 AM
so sad man. this just really really sucks all around. feel really bad for his wife.

fuck both the canadian and american govs but mostly fuck american gov!!!

Bubbleman
10-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Just heard marc on the CKNW ( thanks GS ) being interviewed by julie or jenny someone or something....

EIther way marc sounded strong.. mentioned a vigil would be held outside the north fraser institute where he is currently incarcerated.. and had some strong words for the cannabis movement... Felt good to hear him be so strong while in his current situation...

peace
Bubble man

aqualungs
10-02-2009, 09:35 PM
We all have to fight hard for cannabis while Marc is away!

Peace
Aqualungs

Green Supreme
10-02-2009, 11:43 PM
The loser interviewer was Christy Clark. Man folks sure can spin stuff. Outta the whole interview all she got was that Marc was comparing himself to Mandela . Lame, the comments after were for the most part trash. Kudos to Jodie Emery for her call though. She stomped a new mudhole in that interview lady. Peace GS

colitas
10-04-2009, 04:38 AM
this extradition has got to be up there with Leonard Peltier's for complete bullshit!

Bubbleman
10-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Here is a new update on the vigil being held out in front of the north fraser institute pre trial centre where marc is being held...

YouTube - 'Prince of Pot' Prison Vigil - Free Marc Emery!

peace
Bubbleman

Bubbleman
10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
This is a good story ian Mulgrew wrote a little over a week ago... sorry i missed it.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Marc+Emery+sentence+reeks+injustice+mocks+sovereig nty/2041190/story.html

Peace
Bubble man

Ps... i will be getting some FREE MARC shirts soon and have a banner made up to throw up here soon so you guys can get your shirts and support marc's and really of our cause.

CerealKiller
10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Such bullshit. Just an Honest, caring pothead. Guess the Honest and caring part doesn't mean shit anymore. Next few bong loads are in his honor. He'll be fine with all that support though I hope :)

FREE MARC EMERY!

bubble_head4life
10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
so sad to see u get treated like this marc. keep ur head up and know u will be missed while u are away. peace bubblehead.

Bubbleman
10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Another Update on Mr Emery..

YouTube - Jodie Emery @Chris Bennett On THE STANDARD, PART1

peace
Bubble man

Green Supreme
10-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks Bubs you are doing a great job of documenting this. Peace GS

sibannac
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Ya thanks bman. To bad Obama ain't got any stones to clean up the Bush's fu-k up.

Bubbleman
10-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Chris bennet and Jodie Emery speak about the situation ....

YouTube - Jodie Emery @Chris Bennett On THE STANDARD. Part3

Bubbleman

YukonBikerGuy
10-06-2009, 05:43 AM
Thank you Bubbleman for posting all the info and video links. The whole thing sucks on so many fronts.....

"Seeds undid prohibition eh?" Future words I hope to be saying....

vodkamartiny12
10-06-2009, 08:00 AM
Hearing the whole trial on seeds and the story it reminds of the prohibition of human seed genetics and cloning like how the hemp industry has been able to manipulate nature and the human genetics industry has been able to manipulate human destiny, what this whole seed issue has in play is the start of everything that insues a lifetime of a plant of marijuana..... makes you think what came first the buds or the seeds :sick1:

Bubbleman
10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Here is Marc' First POdcast up at his site http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-episode-1

I am going to try and figure out how to embed his podcast here if i can.. is someone else can figure out please do..

am listening to marc now.

Bubbleman

Bubbleman
10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Here is a Poem Marc Wrote in prison recently...

Nowhere Man
by Marc Emery - Wednesday, October 14 2009
Tags:

* Free Marc Emery
* Marc Emery
* No Extradition
* Poetry
* prison

Here is a poem I wrote from my prison cell.

Nowhere Man (With apologies to Lennon and McCartney)

Imagine life without cannabis,
that's life here.

Imagine life without music,
that's life here.

Imagine life without fresh food,
that's life here.

Imagine life without any privacy,
that's life here.

Imagine life without any sex,
that's life here.

Imagine life in only red pants and a red shirt,
that's life here.

Imagine life in a 8 by 10 foot concrete cell,
that's life here.

Imagine never touching the sun's rays,
that's life here.

Imagine life without being with any one you know,
that's life here.

Imagine being hungry every waking hour,
that's life here.

Imagine life without love,
that's life here.

Imagine never seeing a grape or a peach or a tomato,
that's life here.

Imagine changing linens threadbare once every ten days,
that's life here.

Imagine your happy memories gradually fading away,
that's life here.

M Emery

Kudos
10-15-2009, 12:18 AM
That poem is very touching Bman, thanks for sharing it with us.

I'm also glad that I came back to this thread, cause somehow I didn't see that you've been continuously updating it with info.

Thanks a bunch!

bingobango
10-15-2009, 11:36 AM
That poem made me shed a tear.
Our hearts are with you Marc. Im going to travell coast to coast to stand at Marcs vigil. If all goes as planned.

Bubbleman
10-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Well today I drove my friend adam down to the pottv studio's to REcord a new song he just wrote recently.
The song was inspired by some of the speech's that were given to Marc that nite.

He got to sing the song live to jodie.. which is what this video is... and then he got to perform it again over the phone for MARC in jail...

was very cool..

enjoy

YouTube - Qik - puffing on a trichome by Bubbleman

Peace
Bubble man

Green Supreme
10-16-2009, 03:43 AM
Wicked man. Much respect for a cool tune. Peace GS

Mr Cookie
10-16-2009, 07:30 PM
ya that was great man
keep up the great work but don't forget to keep on puffing

stickyfingers
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
awsome song Bubbleman, I am ashamed of what my government has done to Marc. I wish the best of luck to Marc and his family and friends. Keep up the Free Marc support!

ja rasta
10-16-2009, 08:31 PM
One Love to all the people and Marc Emery. Stay safe while in the states.

Bubbleman
10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
here is Marc's Second Podcast from the fraser pre trial centre where he is currently awaiting extradition..

Got to say high to Marc a few days ago when i was there with Adam.. Wasnt a long conversation but he sounded ok.

Enjoy the podcast... remember to check cannabisculture.com to learn more about how you can help Marc and the cause..

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-episode-2

Peace
Bubble man

Bubbleman
10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Marc would love to hear from you if you want to write him

Marc is currently at North Fraser pretrial centre. He wants letters that explain what you've done to help free him -- who did you call? What did you say? What else have you done to FREE MARC EMERY? That's what he wants to hear... he wants to know that people are taking up the fight in his absence. Send photos of your rallies and protests, newspaper clippings with your Letters to the paper or articles about him (or anything he might be interested in).

NOTE: Mail is thoroughly inspected so do not send any contraband! You cannot send money, books, music, or anything else but paper letters and non-Polaroid photos to Marc through the mail. No tape, stickers, post-it notes, labels, paper clips, staples, or anything else except paper. In the near future, a list of books Marc wants will be shared so people can send some reading material to him.

Send Marc mail at this address:

Marc Emery
CS #06032080
1451 Kingsway Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC
V3C 1S2
Canada

also check this link for more info on how you can help..

Help Save Canadian Activist and Hero, Marc Emery!
By Jodie Emery - Monday, February 9 2009
Tags:

* Marc Emery
* Articles by Marc Emery
* BC3
* Canada
* court
* DEA
* extradition
* Greg Williams
* Jodie Emery
* Marc Emery
* Michelle Rainey
* USA

Help convince the Canadian Justice Minister to NOT EXTRADITE Marc Emery to the USA, then ask the US federal judge to give Marc Emery a very short or non-custodial sentence!

Marc Emery was taken into custody on Monday, September 28th. Marc is being held in Canada until the Justice Minister signs the extradition order to send him to the USA. Tell the Justice Minister to refuse the extradition of Marc Emery!

Canadian Marc Emery has been fighting extradition to the USA and possible life imprisonment since July 2005. In March 2008, the Canadian Government decided to turn down a unique type of plea deal the USA and Marc Emery's lawyer had arranged -- one that required Canadian charges to be laid and the incarceration be in Canada.

In July 2009, Marc's co-accused, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams, were sentenced to 2 years probation in Canada. In early September 2009, Marc Emery decided to sign a plea deal for a 5-year sentence in the US federal prison system.

You can read Marc's reasons for taking the plea deal in his blog post "Why I'm Cutting a Deal". Read more about what will likely happen to Marc from this point on by reading Jodie Emery's blog post "Marc Emery Imprisoned: Monday, September 28, Vancouver".

Read news articles and view some videos from the day Marc surrendered into custody here.

HOW TO HELP FREE MARC EMERY:

First of all and most importantly, please be polite and respectful – but very firm – when contacting the following people.

Secondly, strongly emphasize that Marc Emery is a Canadian citizen who never went to the USA and carried out his activities in Canada. If he has broken the law in Canada, he should be tried and sentenced in Canada, not sent to a foreign country to be punished under much harsher laws.

Try to bring up these important points along with the "Facts About Marc Emery" listed below to help you better explain why Marc Emery should not be imprisoned in the USA.

- Vancouver police investigated Marc in 2003 and tried to have charges filed in court, but the Crown refused, so the VPD admitted that the USA picked up the file to get harsh punishment for Marc in the USA. If Marc couldn't be charged in Canada, he should not be charged in America.

- The US District Attorney arranged a plea deal in January 2008 that would allow Marc to serve his time in Canada, as long as the Conservative government laid charges here in Canada... but the government refused. Again, if Marc couldn't be charged in Canada, he should not be charged in America.

1) Contact the Justice Minister of Canada, Rob Nicholson, to tell him that you are a voter and you want him to refuse the extradition order for Marc Emery. You must insist that the message be delivered directly to the Justice Minister, and ask for a response too!

Here is a phone script:

"Hello, my name is ________ and I want you to give this message directly to the Justice Minister. I'm calling about Canadian Marc Emery, who is awaiting extradition to the USA for selling marijuana seeds through the mail. It would be cruel and unusual punishment to extradite Marc Emery to the United States. If Marc Emery has broken the law in Canada, he should be charged here in Canada. As a voter, I am asking you to not extradite Marc Emery. Thank you."

Please write a letter and print three copies to mail them directly to his offices. There is no stamp/postage required for mail to the House of Commons address, but stamps are necessary for the other two addresses.

Mailing a letter is many, many times more effective than sending an email, so please be sure it gets to the Justice Minister through the mail. We want him to get the message in all three offices!

Honourable Robert Nicholson
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0A6
Telephone: (613) 995-1547
Fax: (613) 992-7910
Email: [email protected]

2895 St. Paul Avenue, Unit 11 (Main Office)
Niagara Falls, Ontario
L2J 2L3
Telephone: (905) 353-9590
Fax: (905) 353-9588

200 Garrison Road Unit 13
Fort Erie, Ontario
L2A 5F6
Telephone: (905) 871-9991
Fax: (905) 871-5046

2) Contact the Canadian Minister of Public Safety, Peter Van Loan, and tell him that if Marc Emery applies for a prison transfer from the USA to Canada, that the Minister should approve right away.

Phone: (613) 991-2924
Fax: (613) 954-5186
Mail: 269 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0P8
Canada

3) Contact your Member of Parliament in Canada, or your Representative in the US Congress, to let them know about Marc Emery’s situation and why you and thousands of other voters want Marc to be free in his home country Canada.

Canada: http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca
USA: http://www.house.gov

4) Contact Judge Ricardo Martinez in Seattle, Washington and tell him that he should let Marc Emery return home to Canada with a no-prison sentence instead of the 5-year term in the plea deal.

Mail: Honorable Ricardo S. Martinez
U.S. Courthouse
700 Stewart Street, Suite 13134
Seattle, WA
98101-9906
USA

5) Contact President Barack Obama and tell him that he should pardon Canadian citizen Marc Emery and let him return home to Canada.

Phone: (202) 456-1414 (switchboard) and (202) 456-1111 (comments)
Fax: (202) 456-2461
Mail: The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC
USA

6) Contact the media and express your concern about Marc Emery facing extradition to the USA.

Canada and USA Media Outlets: www.MapInc.org

7) Wear a FREE MARC t-shirt or button.

Shirts, buttons and posters are available in the FREE MARC section of the Cannabis Culture online store (or in Marc Emery's Cannabis Culture Headquarters store at 307 West Hastings Street in Vancouver, BC)

8) Print and distribute the FREE MARC handout! -- CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR UPDATED HANDOUTS

DOWNLOAD Marc Emery Factsheet Page 1
DOWNLOAD Marc Emery Factsheet Page 2

9) Download, print and share the FREE MARC logo.

Make this image into stickers, posters, stencils -- whatever you can come up with to spread the word about Marc Emery and to help free him from prison!

[DOWNLOAD] (Right click and save to download)
Get more posters and images here

10) Use stencils to paint FREE MARC everywhere.

Create your own, or check back here regularly for an option to buy it from us (we're looking into it). Use cardboard or hard plastic, then cut out the shapes you'll be painting. Go here for a stencil image and other new posters.

SEND MAIL TO MARC EMERY

Marc is currently at North Fraser pretrial centre. He wants letters that explain what you've done to help free him -- who did you call? What did you say? What else have you done to FREE MARC EMERY? That's what he wants to hear... he wants to know that people are taking up the fight in his absence. Send photos of your rallies and protests, newspaper clippings with your Letters to the paper or articles about him (or anything he might be interested in).

NOTE: Mail is thoroughly inspected so do not send any contraband! You cannot send money, books, music, or anything else but paper letters and non-Polaroid photos to Marc through the mail. No tape, stickers, post-it notes, labels, paper clips, staples, or anything else except paper. In the near future, a list of books Marc wants will be shared so people can send some reading material to him.

Send Marc mail at this address:

Marc Emery
CS #06032080
1451 Kingsway Avenue
Port Coquitlam, BC
V3C 1S2
Canada

Bubbleman
10-16-2009, 08:47 PM
FACTS ABOUT MARC EMERY:

DOWNLOAD Marc Emery Fact sheet

• Marc Emery is a Canadian citizen who never went to the USA as a seed seller.

• Marc Emery operated his seed business in Canada at all times, with no American branches or employees.

• Marc Emery declared his income from marijuana seed sales on his income tax, and paid over $580,000 to the Federal and Provincial governments from 1999 to 2005.

• Marc Emery is the leader of the British Columbia Marijuana Party, a registered political party that has regularly participated in elections.

• Marc Emery has never been arrested or convicted of manufacturing or distributing marijuana in Canada, as he only sold seeds.

• Marc Emery gave away all of the profits from his seed business to drug law reform lobbyists, political parties, global protests and rallies, court litigation, medical marijuana initiatives, drug rehabilitation clinics, and other legitimate legal activities and organizations.

• Marc Emery helped found the United States Marijuana Party, state-level political parties, and international political parties in countries such as Israel and New Zealand.

• Marc Emery has been known as a book seller and activist in Canada for 30 years, fighting against censorship laws and other social issues long before he became a drug law reform activist.

• Marc Emery has been a media figure for 20 years with regards to marijuana and drug law reform. He is very well-known to Canadian, American and international news media organizations.

• Marc Emery operated his business in full transparency and honesty since its inception in 1994, even sending his marijuana seed catalogue inside his magazine "Cannabis Culture" to each Member of Parliament in Canada every two months for years.

• The US Drug Enforcement Administration admitted in a press release from Administrator Karen Tandy that his July 29th, 2005 arrest was based on drug legalization efforts -- a copy of the document can be viewed at http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4685.html --

"Today's DEA arrest of Marc Scott Emery, publisher of Cannabis Culture Magazine, and the founder of a marijuana legalization group -- is a signficant blow not only to the marijuana trafficking trade in the U.S. and Canada, but also to the marijuana legalization movement. His marijuana trade and propagandist marijuana magazine have generated nearly $5 million a year in profits that bolstered his trafficking efforts, but those have gone up in smoke today. Emery and his organization had been designated as one of the Attorney General's most wanted international drug trafficking organizational targets -- one of only 46 in the world and the only one from Canada. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of Emery's illicit profits are known to have been channeled to marijuana legalization groups active in the United States and Canada. Drug legalization lobbyists now have one less pot of money to rely on."

Who is Marc Emery?

Marc Emery is a Canadian businessman and political activist who owns and operates "Cannabis Culture Magazine", "Pot-TV", the "BC Marijuana Party", and "Marc Emery's Cannabis Culture Headquarters" (previously "BC Marijuana Party Bookstore" and "Hemp BC" before that). Marc also ran "Emery Direct Seeds" in a store in downtown Vancouver BC and through mail-order, for over ten years, with the goal to fund anti-prohibition and pro-marijuana activists and organizations across North America and the world -- a fact that DEA Administrator Karen Tandy crowed about in the press release about Marc Emery's arrest. (Numerous other seed-selling businesses operate in North America, some even on the same block as Marc Emery's businesses today, but they are not seen as high-profile activists, so they are not targeted by the United States Government and law enforcement.)

Marc paid provincial and federal taxes on his income, had no business outlets in the USA, and never went to the USA to conduct seed transactions. Everything was done openly and transparently, because Marc has always been honest and vocal. He's a political party leader and media magnet, always happy to explain how and why he did everything. He spent the proceeds from all sales on ending the drug war in Canada, the USA, and all over the world: he financed numerous political parties, ballot initiatives, election campaigns, court challenges, medical programs, drug treatment centres, legal fees, conferences, organizations, events and more. That's what his mission was, and he even ran in provincial and municipal elections five times as a seed seller, gaining many votes and endless media coverage.

Marc Emery had two employees that worked for his seed business: Michelle Rainey, and Greg Williams. Together they were called "The BC3" in earlier "No Extradition" efforts. They, along with Marc, are Canadian citizens who were heavily involved in Canadian and American anti-prohibition activism for over ten years, though they remained in Canada at all times.

The US Justice Department wanted to have the BC3 extradited to the USA to be charged with conspiracy to produce marijuana, conspiracy to traffic marijuana, and conspiracy to launder the proceeds of crime. ("Marc Emery Direct Seeds" was a marijuana seed business; the accused never sold any marijuana. The DEA even went undercover and tried to buy ten pounds of pot from Marc Emery, but he gave them a lecture about how he sold seeds, not pot, and told the female undercover agent she was ignorant and reckless to ask him to sell marijuana, because he's never done it before and assumes he's always monitored by law enforcement.)

Because Marc Emery was so successful in fighting against the US-led War on Drugs, the powers in America decided to shut him up along with cooperation from Canadian law enforcement who wanted him punished more harshly than the monetary fine he received the last time he was arrested and convicted in Canada for selling seeds. The United States Justice Department and DEA had Canadian police help execute a raid and arrests for extradition of three political activists to face 10 years up to life in US prison. Greg and Michelle are now free, while Marc Emery still faces extradition the USA.

Did You Know?

- In Canada, there are two precedents for selling marijuana seeds:

1) In the year case R. v. Hunter in the year 2000, the BC Court of Appeals found that a $200 fine, not jail time, is the appropriate punishment for selling seeds. Read that decision here.

2) On March 7th, 2008, the BC Appeals Court released a decision that the punishment for selling cannabis seeds should not be more severe than one month in prison and one year of probation, the punishment handed to a marijuana seed retailer in BC who was selling to Americans. Read that story here.

Bubbleman
10-16-2009, 08:47 PM
- Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams never went to the United States. The seed business, "Marc Emery Direct Marijuana Seeds", was Canadian-based and run by Marc Emery. There were no US-based employees, and only regular mail was ever sent across the border from Vancouver, BC to Americans who made orders online or through the mail.

- According to a 2005 survey done by the Strategic Counsel & Angus Reid Polling, 58% of Canadians oppose extradition in this case. In the years since, public opposition to extradition has only grown, with national newspaper editorials, local news columnists, and even Members of Canada's Parliament all urging the Justice Minister to refuse extradition in this case.

- Marc Emery paid Income Tax to Revenue Canada and Revenue BC on all of his income generated from his seed business. He paid more than $500,000 in taxes between 1999 to 2005, and put his occupation on the income tax declarations as "marijuana seed vendor".

- Marc Emery's magazine "Cannabis Culture" was sent to every Member of Parliament for over 12 years. Every issue of Cannabis Culture up to #57 (the issue printed on the very same day as the raid, July 29th, 2005) included the entire seed catalogue in it, so Parliament knew about the business.

- Health Canada, when it first began licensing medical marijuana users, recommended to Members of Parliament and licensed users that new cannabis growers should purchase seeds online from Canadian seed sellers such as Marc Emery Direct. Svend Robinson, the New Democratic Party Health Critic in Canadian Parliament, will testify to that fact.

- Marc Emery brought a capitalist approach to the marijuana legalization movement by starting "radical retail" outlets such as Hemp BC, and got politically involved by helping organize the Canadian Marijuana Party and creating the BC Marijuana Party, the latter which he still leads today.

- Marc Emery created his seed business with the purpose of using the profits to fund the cannabis movement worldwide. Through the sale of cannabis seeds, Marc was able to finance numerous drug law reform groups and events around the world, mostly in Canada and the United States. He funded global rally/march promotion, American and Canadian ballot initiatives, election campaigns, lobbying groups, conferences, drug rehab clinics, class action lawsuits, protests, patient bills and bail fees, and more. In total, over $4,000,000 was contributed to various activities and organizations.

Videos:

- Click here to view a page of embedded videos of, and links to, mainstream media coverage of Marc's situation, including CBC, CTV, CityTV, Global, ANews, and other mainstream news broadcasters. There are also numerous other videos on YouTube about Marc Emery if you do a search.

- Watch the extended film festival DVD version of the 2007 CBC television documentary "Prince of Pot: The US vs. Marc Emery". The DVD comes with bonus features including extra scenes, extended interviews, and a 2008 update. For an extra $5, you can get your DVD personally signed and autographed by Marc Emery himself! Buy it now!

Ways to Help, Downloads, Links, Information, and More!

***NOTE*** THE FOLLOWING IS MOSTLY OUT OF DATE AS OF JULY 2009
BUT PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN TO HELP!

- Download the "No Extradition: 5 Things You Can Do" pamphlet PDF page one and page two

- Download the "No Extradition: 5 Things You Can Do" two-sided Word Document handout, then print and distribute copies everywhere

- Download the "No Extradition" petition PDF or the "No Extradition" petition Word Document, sign it, and submit to us as soon as possible

- Sign the online petition at www.PetitionOnline.com/Emery/petition.html

- Send a letter to the Minister of Justice and Members of Parliament (and let the Justice Minister know that Members of Parliament are also being contacted, so your concerns should not be ignored!) then forward a copy to Jodie Emery at [email protected]

- Phone the Justice Minister at (613) 957-4222 and leave a message saying: "It would be cruel and unjust for the Justice Minister of Canada to extradite Canadian Marc Emery to the United States. He currently faces ten years to life in US prison for activities done in Canada. If a Canadian has broken the law in Canada, he should be given a fair jury trial in Canada. If he doesn't face life imprisonment in Canada for the same charges laid, he should not be extradited to another country to face possible life imprisonment there."

- Contact the media and express your concern about Marc Emery facing extradition to the USA. Choose the area and media outlets here

- Donate to the Legal Defense Fund online, or send money orders or checks made out to "Ian Donaldson In Trust" (with a memo "Marc Emery") to Donaldson & Jette, 490-1090 Homer St., Vancouver BC, V6B 2W9, Canada

- Download the "No Extradition for Marc Emery" logo

- Buy a "No Extradition" T-shirt

- Join the CC No Extradition forum for discussion and updates

- Use this banner to link to our website www.NoExtradition.net:

Bubbleman
10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Here is Marc's third prison podcast...

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-episode-3

dont forget about Marc and where he is... any of the things posted above that you can do.. please do

peace
Bubble man

Bubbleman
10-28-2009, 05:53 AM
Marc could be extradited as early as wednesday... read here

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/emery-could-be-extradited-early-wednesday

INJUSTICE SUCKS>...

Bubble man

Razz
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
he's lucky he only got 5 years, especially after michelle pled guilty and sealed his fate!

mnglasshead
10-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Freedom is something we take for granted today I think. No matter how much anyone is willing to deny that fact, times like this remind me so clearly. The joys I find in life which keep me going are things I have found outside in the free world, human interaction, friendship, family, good literature, of course the melt but also a lot more in my opinion. Marc Emery is fighting for all of us to stay free, and for that I can only say thank you, as well as sorry. Thank you Marc, and we will keep fighting. Don't give up on this guy, he is in prison not dead, and he never gave up on us.

-mnglasshead

reed
10-31-2009, 12:57 AM
why he is in the jail also for five years , is it illegal to sell the seeds?

Bubbleman
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Marc' prison podcast # 4

http://cannabisculture.podbean.com/2009/10/28/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-4/

Bubble man

Bubbleman
11-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Marc's 5th prison potcast...

http://cannabisculture.podbean.com/2009/11/06/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-5/

Bubble man

Bubbleman
11-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Marc's 6th Prison Potcast...

http://cannabisculture.podbean.com/2009/11/10/marc-emerys-prison-potcast-6-lest-we-forget/

Bubble man

dankocalypse
12-20-2009, 12:56 PM
ashamed to be american, where is he being locked up at?

Bubbleman
12-20-2009, 07:00 PM
actually reall good news

FOR NOW>.....

MARC HAS BEEN RELEASED ON BAIL.. AND HAS ALREADY CELEBRATED ONE PARTY AT THE BCMP.. .......

Looks like marc will be out till New years..... another party slated for that one....

Marc is suppose to go back january 5th i believe... keep you posted

Peace
Bubble man

trichomefarmer
12-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Is this all an odd ruse to keep Marc and his message out of the olympics?

Green Supreme
05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.seattleactivism.org/events/event6930.htm

Peace GS

the disclosure
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
We are all with Mark down here in MTL!

Godspeed brother.
TD

the disclosure
05-20-2010, 02:57 AM
How about Harper's office?

http://qik.com/jacobhunter

Green Supreme
05-20-2010, 04:01 PM
So they are trying to sneak Marc outta the country this morning . They have asked as many peeps as possible to show up on the potblock at 12 noon for free joints. Peace GS

kushkommander
05-20-2010, 04:27 PM
so they are trying to sneak marc outta the country this morning . They have asked as many peeps as possible to show up on the potblock at 12 noon. Peace gs

free marc! :(

Bubbleman
05-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Damn... very hard to believe they are actualy going thru with this...

See you guys at 12 down on the block

peace
Bubble man

the disclosure
05-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Wish we could be there right now.
Good luck

Bubbleman
05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
well i hit the potblock with Greene sUPREME. scaltech. badboy and Hauleywood... today for the grim news that marc had been taken down to seattle.>> with very few hours notice.. Jacob and jodie and the team that is the cannabis culture down there... ( potblock) organized a nice group of people to show up and close the streets.. reroute buses and generaly shout from the rooftops FREE MARC EMERY>>>>>>

Here are a few shots i got of the scene...

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53661280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53311280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53441280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53691280x768.JPG

\http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53481280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53671280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53361280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53811280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53791280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53861280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53851280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53771280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53821280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53711280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53931280x768.JPG

MY thoughts are with you Marc... ...

Peace
Bubble man

Bubbleman
05-21-2010, 12:50 AM
A FEW OF JODIE...

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53881280x768.JPG

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///IMG_53891280x768.JPG

Bubbleman

kushkommander
05-21-2010, 12:54 AM
great pictures bub and a great show of support for marc!

DrBudGreengenes
05-21-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm Sorry
:pray:

Green Supreme
05-21-2010, 02:26 AM
OK so I went down there, They seemed to create considerable confusion in the area. Seems Jodie's and Jacob's interview went very well with CBC. 2 pics of the confusion, then nugs we puffed. First was Atomic Haze 3 followed by Badboys fullmelt, then Atomic Haze 2 and last is Supersilverhaze. Peace GS

WhiteWall
05-21-2010, 06:11 PM
so fucked up.... wont even let him serve close to his family... my deepest sympathy for marc and his crew

Green Supreme
05-25-2010, 03:29 AM
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Downtown+Eastside+service+back+normal+after+Free+M arc+Emery+protest/3062248/story.html

Peace GS