PDA

View Full Version : MAKING bubble W/ KITCHENAID!!

IronLung
09-30-2009, 12:36 AM
What up fam?
Look @ my new tool! Actually, it’s not mine it’s my girlfriend’s. BUT, I pay the friggin’ rent and the KITCHENAID is in my apartment ;)!
So I bought a 1 gal. 4 bag kit from bubblebag.com, it’s GREAT!. I started making bubble with my buds (Oregon medical patient) and I like to use small amounts at a time to do so, say 1.5 oz each run, when using buds, I feel like I have a little more control, using the 1 gallon bags, if you will...
I have been doing the "wooden spoon" technique up until now, because, I am more for quality, not quantity type of guy. However, I did try the cake mixer hand held thing, but don't really support that method.. My close friend has the mini washing machine also bought from bubblebag.com and IMO that method really does have to be the best, again IMO.
So on with the KITCHENAID!! Well, I was watching my girl make a cheesecake tonight with her KITCHENAID. She got it as a gift from her mom recently; it comes with all sorts of different attachments, and a steel bowl that holds approx. 1 gal. of water. My eyes LIT UP when I saw her mixing the cheesecake batter, I asked her: "Can you slow down the speeds on this thing?!" her reply: "Don't even think about using my KITCHENAID to make HASH!!" LOL I started laughing my ass off: "YOU KNOW I"M GONNA!!!!!!"
So I did, and it works BRILLIANTLY!!!!! I can almost mimic the exact speed that the mini washing machine does, even slower! The steel bowl keeps EXTRA COLD throughout the process as well, and the 3 different attachments that come with it are great options!
I'm totally stoked on my find! I'm sure someone else has done it before, for sure! I’m gonna “google” to see if anyone has done it this way.. If you are fortunate to have one of these things already, your pumped because they ain't cheap!
So kids, go ask mom if she has a KITCHENAID, buy some bubblebags from bubblebags.com and MAKE SOME BUBBLES! IT’s a BLAST!!

Pictures of the unit following this post!!

colitas
09-30-2009, 01:27 AM
doesn't Kitchen Aid make an ice water jacket? for that thing , they rock

IronLung
09-30-2009, 01:37 AM
So here it is: The Artisian by KITCHENAID, tried and tested, works great! I did not take actual pictures while I was making the hash, but, I will be doing so very shortly, and I promise to take pictures of it in action, she's a beaut!!

You guy's have to understand that I have prolly processed almost 2 lbs of trim and buds with a wooden spoon! My arm feels like it's gonna fall off sometimes! I havnen't even been doing 2nd runs of the material because I didn't feel it was worth the effort/pain it caused me to mix again for 10 minutes..

I'll briefly explain my technique using the KITCHENAID:

1) Fill 1 gal. bucket with 1/2 ice/1/2 water. Set that in the freezer until the temp gets to like 38-39 F.
2) put 1-1.5 oz trim(closely related to the buds-final trim aka sweet leaf, small buds etc) in to the stainless steel bowl that comes with the KITCHENAID
3) Add copious amounts of big, jagged ice cubes to the stainless steel bowl
4) Remove 1 gal bucket of H20/ice from the freezer(38-39 F.) I like to use a plate to cover that 1 gal. bucket-when I'm adding the freezing cold H20 from it to the stainless steel bowl. The ice cubes that had been sitting in the 1 gal bucket seem to get "soft" or less jagged & do what I think is less good... Weather that is true or not, I dunno?? Think I red it somewhere once..
5) Flip the KITCHENAID to #1 and let her spin for 8-10 minutes using either attachment of your choice..

ENJOY!

Unfourtantly, I can't post pics at this time, due to a problem I'm having with this website. So I have copied and pasted a link in for people to check out the exact same thing I'm using..

Amazon.com: KitchenAid KSM150PSWH Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer, White

IronLung
09-30-2009, 01:41 AM
An ice water jacket would be key!!! I'm sure I could "rig" one together in no time!!

It really does work amazingly well! However, your right, that stainless steel bowl sweats!

IronLung
09-30-2009, 02:01 AM
Pictures of my kitchenaid on my profile gallery page if your interested. Next time I make bubble, I will take plenty of pics of the process

t0astiez
10-01-2009, 10:46 PM
seems to be a nice find man. can't wait for pics thanks for sharing.

iCapture
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
haha, "YOU KNOW I"M GONNA!"

I love it.

I've never made my own hash before. But from the sound of it its a lot of fun finding the right technique and exploring different options.

OnlyHighGrade
10-07-2009, 09:04 PM
great idea man!

i tried a blender.... failed. breaks up the plant matter and contaminates the bubble imo

cake mixer.... failed. for same reasons as above

even one of those wand mixers, and especially paint mixers on drills suck as well imo.

I used to be all about the wooden spoon but recently came up on excess amount of trim and i feel you, it sucks.

been thinking about stepping up my game and getting a bubble now and 5 gallons.

IronLung
10-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Alright, I'm going to run couple oz. of buds tomorrow in the KITCHEN AID, and I will take photo's and post them as soon as I finish.

crystal king
11-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Could you please help me with detailed instructions on how you made/make your full melt bubble? I'm not able to get mine to bubble for some reason and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Chris :confused: