PDA

View Full Version : I need to read

Lord_sixx
04-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Greets gang,

I need more about post genrmination. I can get to the three leaf shoot easy but i need stand up straight veg. im using a bubble system and a dual spec 2 coiled veg bulb 24/7 light. bubble still working.. compact coiled spec 2 veg bulb, really large coilded florcenent device.

ok lets say i germinate with rockwool or peat pods. do i hydro them or remove the medium and carefully place the entire plant with root attached into t the grow medium?

Simz
04-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Hmmm,It's all depends on what kind of germination technique you wanna use Lord.I usually like to start my seeds in the paper towel method....in my opinion it's the one I had the nicest germ rate and results.But,to answer your question if you pop a seed in the a Jiffy Peat we'll I usually keep the whole peat with the netting around it and just throw the seedling in a styrofoam cup with some soil,I wouldn't play with it and try to dig out the roots you might end up killing roots,taproot or stressing/killing the little seedling...But if I we're at your place I'd try the paper towel method you put a few paper towel sheet ....you pass the sheet in lukewarm water you put a couple sheet and you fold one up put the seeds in there and put something on top of it.I put em in a a big plate usually fold up the sheets....puts the seeds in there and put a bowl on top of em to keep em in the dark.Every 12-24 hours you go and check on em if they started to crack/pop and also if they're not drying up just incase.I think that sum's it all pretty much....