PDA

View Full Version : Ehle ice twist???

sibannac
10-03-2009, 04:45 AM
Hey there guy I'm going to be getting a new tube soon and was looking at getting a Roor.de Icemaster. But I came across this Ehle which looks just as good as the Roor but it has a ice twist kinda like on an a acrylic.

So basically I'm just woundering what you guys think? Do you think it would be strong enough(the ice twist) or should i stick with the roor??

Here's a pic.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/img/products/flame_polished_logo_t.jpg

Golfin
10-03-2009, 02:12 PM
EHLE is a very quality company. I wouldnt be afraid to buy anything from them.

I can assure you that is strong enough and you have nothing to worry about.

hearmeroor
10-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Ehle is definitely solid, but that ice twist looks like it may add a bit of drag.

usg543
10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
they make EHLE. with ice notches too. one just like the roor .de icemaster. i think twists are ugly myself. look at this one.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/img/products/ehle_45cm_ice_f.jpg

i'd buy that over the roor icemaster.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/EHLE_Glass__5mm_Ice_Cylinder_Bong__45cm.cfm?iProdu ctID=5923

Golfin
10-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Its not the same as a RooR icemaster.

A RooR icemaster has a smaller bore(45mm) that provides a tastier hit.

usg543
10-03-2009, 07:46 PM
tastier??? because it's got a smaller diameter? that's just silly.

allows for smaller volume yes, if it is true that the EHLE. has a bigger bore than 45mm diameter (guessing 50mm??). it doesn't say on that website though.

sibannac
10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi thanks for the good reports. I personally like the ice twists cause you don't see that on many glass bongs. And I'm not worried about a lil extra drag I got big boy lungs lol. And It's got the flame polished logo which just adds class.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:08 PM
tastier??? because it's got a smaller diameter? that's just silly.

allows for smaller volume yes, if it is true that the EHLE. has a bigger bore than 45mm diameter (guessing 50mm??). it doesn't say on that website though.

May sound silly, but ask any glass head, theyll tell ya. Or just try it for yerself.

Why would I make that up?

Instead of bashing the point, you could have asked for the science behind it..it being, there is less air mixed in with your hit on a smaller diameter tube, allowing you to taste less air and more flavor.

Same reason the best bong for extracts is the smallest one.
The smaller tube bong, the tastier the hit.

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I always thought the smaller bore was just for less volume..... and faster clearing. Learn stuff on here everyday. EDIT: Even having smaller bore, once you have all that air in your lungs before the smoke starts to hit your mouth... wouldn't there be the same exact mixture of air/smoke unless your using a pinch bowl or something?

usg543
10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
didn't mean to bash.

i don't care to get in an argument, but i think it depends on a lot more factors than just the bore size of the tube. such as how much water, how tight the bowl is packed, what kind of slide... joint size of tube. etc...

it's all preference and tastier is subjective.

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Thats what i was thinking usg. WAY more important factors in determining taste than bore, i would think that has the least to do with it.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I always thought the smaller bore was just for less volume..... and faster clearing. Learn stuff on here everyday. EDIT: Even having smaller bore, once you have all that air in your lungs before the smoke starts to hit your mouth... wouldn't there be the same exact mixture of air/smoke unless your using a pinch bowl or something?

No, because you would be inhaling more air(not smoke) to begin with on the bigger diameter tube. Your hit is getting "watered down" with air on a bigger diameter tube. When you take say .2 out of both tubes(different diameters) you have to inhale more air with the bigger diameter tube(but the same amount of tasty cannabis smoke) so you get to taste the good stuff less.
Its basic principals.

And no it certainly doesnt have the least to do with taste; I, along with many others, would argue bore size has the MOST to do with taste.

Ask people who have 50+ tubes in their collection, of varying bore sizes.

And again, the BEST bubbler/bong for things like extracts is the SMALLEST bubbler/bong you can find. The smaller the bubbler/bong, the tastier the hit. SAME principals involved..less air = more taste

usg543
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM
you could just adjust for this and smoke more herb. not fair to compare two tubes with different volumes with the same amount of herb. of course one will be more airy if you're doing .2 snappers (assuming everything else constant).

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:36 PM
LOL...thats my point. It will always be more airy.

And packing a bigger bowl wont get ya a tastier hit.

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 08:37 PM
i see what your saying, but still think of it like this, when you take a hit, you begin to pull, removing air and filling the chamber with smoke, then you inhale the smoke AFTER the air has already been removed and in your lungs (past your taste buds) only time i can honestly taste a difference is with slides i use, ice pinch or traditional, and of course percs.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:40 PM
i see what your saying, but still think of it like this, when you take a hit, you begin to pull, removing air and filling the chamber with smoke, then you inhale the smoke AFTER the air has already been removed and in your lungs (past your taste buds) only time i can honestly taste a difference is with slides i use, ice pinch or traditional, and of course percs.

The taste is more concentrated in the smaller tube.

Why would I just pull this out of my ass ? Its quite obvious youve never compared the hit from varying bore sizes. People like myself have sat around and done just that. Call me a lazy stoner, I call it a connoisseur

usg543
10-03-2009, 08:42 PM
you're not getting it. put weed in the slide, fill up the chamber completely on both tubes, inhale the hit. everything else constant, it will not be anymore airy. if you pull the same, have the same slide, packed the bowl the same, have the correct water levels, it will have the same smoke/air mixture. you might have to smoke more weed on the bigger tube because it has more volume, but that's common sense.

usg543
10-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Why would I just pull this out of my ass ? Its quite obvious youve never compared the hit from varying bore sizes. People like myself have sat around and done just that. Call me a lazy stoner, I call it a connoisseur

ok. say you have two tubes with the same bore size. but they both hold the same amount of smoke. how would the hit be anymore airy?? it's related to volume not bore size.

also, you can't directly look at bore size because they measure the outside diameter. so a 5mm would have more inside diameter than a 9mm.

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Who said you pulled it out of your ass? Not I. Im just throwing my opinion on the matter out there, didn't mean to question your almighty smoker knowledge, please forgive me. :smoke1: EDIT: EXACTLY what I'm trying to get at USG, its related to total volume it has nothing to do with the bore size of a tube..

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:47 PM
lol ok...you keep telling yourself that.

I get what youre trying to tell me...Im telling you thats not true.

Dont believe me, ask Ninja, hes got over 100 first class bongs in his collection, of varying bore sizes. He'll tell ya all day smaller bore = tastier hit.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
ok. say you have two tubes with the same bore size. but they both hold the same amount of smoke. how would the hit be anymore airy?? it's related to volume not bore size.

also, you can't directly look at bore size because they measure the outside diameter. so a 5mm would have more inside diameter than a 9mm.

We've been talking about different bore sizes on the same height tube. Stop trying to get off that.

This all stemmed from me saying the RooR will provide a tastier hit, you said no.
Both the RooR and EHLE are 18in tall and 5mm thick.

so what were you saying ?

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 08:51 PM
smaller overall VOLUME yes, bore no.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:53 PM
smaller overall VOLUME yes, bore no.

.........huh ?

usg543
10-03-2009, 08:58 PM
We've been talking about different bore sizes on the same height tube. Stop trying to get off that.

This all stemmed from me saying the RooR will provide a tastier hit, you said no.
Both the RooR and EHLE are 18in tall and 5mm thick.

so what were you saying ?

if you use the same amount of weed by volume, holding everything else constant except the bore (which effects volume only) you will have the same amount of tasty goodness. that's why i called it silly.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
if you use the same amount of weed by volume, holding everything else constant except the bore (which effects volume only) you will have the same amount of tasty goodness. that's why i called it silly.

No, that is also not correct.

Bigger hits dont taste better, thats silly.

usg543
10-03-2009, 09:00 PM
and why is that? if it's the same air to smoke ratio, why would a bigger hit taste worse??

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
given that the ehle is 50mmx18in and the roor is 45mmx18 inch, The ehles volume in Inches cubed would be 3613IN cubed, the roor would be 3414IN cubed, would would be about a total of 3/4-1" in height added to the ehle tube if it were the same bore size, your telling me that would change the taste that dramatically?

Golfin
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Might be the fact that it takes longer to burn and inhale the extra amount of material, thus making the smoke sit longer causing it to lose taste. As we all know, stale smoke doesnt taste good.

But I do know, that a bigger hit doesnt taste make up for lack of taste.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes, bakinwithroor, I'm telling you the taste difference is definitely noticeable.

This exact reason is why they make those smaller bore tubes, better taste.

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 09:08 PM
In simpler terms, the ehle compared to the roor, if they were the same bore size, the ehle would be 19inx45 while the roor was 18x45.. that inch changes taste?

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Call me stubborn but I can't see that changing the taste that much.. if even noticeably. I'll do a comparison next time I'm given the chance.

usg543
10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
you could also say smaller bowls = more greens. but that also depends on how you hit the bowl.

i see what you are saying as far as smoke can go stale, but i doubt you'll be able to tell a difference between the two tubes in question. same height, very small difference in bore... now between a 6 foot bong and a 1 foot i'm sure you could tell a big difference.

even if you can, there must be a trade-off. for why would people want to buy bongs that hold more volume? bigger hits. do you get higher? i think so. some people also like more airy hits. that's why you have ice pinch slides and disc diffused slides... etc.

taste is not high up on my priority list, but i can see how it can be for some.

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Im stoned and bored and like math haha, so i did the volumes for both said tubes, and IF they were same bore, the ehle would only be 1" taller to make up for the 5mm in bore.

usg543
10-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Im stoned and bored and like math haha, so i did the volumes for both said tubes, and IF they were same bore, the ehle would only be 1" taller to make up for the 5mm in bore.

yeah i doubt that would affect any noticeable "tastiness" at all.

i'd go for the EHLE. i like a bigger bore personally.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 09:54 PM
lol yall crack me up

BakinWithRoor
10-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Laugh it up, never knew opinions were so funny? go be a prick elsewhere, ya we don't think it makes a difference in our opinions... you made your opinion clear, go laugh elsewhere. Last i heard, i smoke to get high... IMHO taste doesn't mean much, I've had some less than decent tasting bud but it got me high as hell.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Really? Taste is half the reason I enjoy cannabis. You can get the sweet cannabis taste from nothing else. I dont smoke it, if it isnt tasty, not worth my time or lungs.

Some of us dont have the luxury to smoke simply to get high also, feel fortunate you do.

thekingCREOLE
10-04-2009, 02:35 AM

Dude, I think you have your science backwards. If you ever noticed yellow-ish dense clouds ARE NOT TASTY. On the other hand I feel airy hits are tastier because you dont have such a concentrated smoke, thus being able to fully taste the buds, rather being nasty yellow and resin tasting.

sibannac
10-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Hey thanks to all the D-bags for Hyjacking my thread. Did any of you read my post or what? Did I ask about The bore size???? NO I didn't, but you all thought hey lets fight like little kids about which one would be TASTIER?? Are you serious?? I would never Hyjack someones thread to argue about bore sizes or anything else.

Hey i got an idea start a NEW THREAD. What an idea then you could fight all you want and let people who want to help, help. Not put them off from commenting on the thread's original post.

I'm sorry Bman or any other user to this site(That ain't a D-Bag) for having to voice my thoughts, I didn't come here to fight.

Oh ya 1 more thing you guys try to back up that it's TASTIER by using mathimatics and comparing bore size and volume.
TASTE IS A PERSONAL PREFERENCE, YOU CAN'T BACK THAT UP WITH MATH. SOME PEOPLE LIKE A DENSER SMOKE AND SOME A AIRIER SMOKE SO GUESS WHAT EVERONE IS RIGHT!!

H3BrewGlaSsHustla
10-06-2009, 12:05 AM
i prefer coach class bongs over 1st class bongs ne day of the week.fly southwest.