PDA

View Full Version : Water levels

dosman
10-07-2009, 02:36 AM
What's everyone's opinion on water levels?

Obviously, on a multi-chamber bong, it is usually good to keep the levels low.

I see on TC though, most everyone recommends extremely low water levels.

Have you ever tried higher water levels?

They can be nice imo. I like to sometimes fill up the water 1-2" above the holes/slits, as I find the extra filtration to be nice. Am I a freak for enjoying this? :snake:

My typical water level is about 1-4 to 1-2" above the downstem, depending on the hole/slit placement.

kenula420
10-07-2009, 02:41 AM
i also enjoy a little higher then normal water level its alot cleaner hit

CerealKiller
10-07-2009, 02:58 AM
I put mine about a half inch to an inch TOPs above my diffy holes depending on how far the holes are on my downstem. Really a matter of preference and glass i guess...

OnSilverWings
10-07-2009, 03:06 AM
honestly its all preference, really.

buuuut i will say that playing around with water levels is def one of the most fun parts of a piece!

ive used all kinds of different waters levels for all kinds of different pieces i have hit. some like the extra chug, some like lightning fast clearing. :D

fourty47
10-07-2009, 03:54 AM
Really depends on tons of factors. In general I probably fill it up to an inch above the diffuser slits.

This allows me to tilt it any angle and still get some bubbles out of it. The problem sometimes with having it just above the slit is that if the diffuser isn't angled (such as a fixed stem), and the tube is angled, one side of the perc trees (for tree'd pieces) becomes ineffective.

Again, it boils down to preferences, but also the design of the tube itself. A great example is the Toro 6-1. I really don't know how you can use the tree in there efficiently with the tube tilted...

Another big factor is chug. I personally like chug in some of my pieces, but not so much in others. Water level for sure affects that. :)

ganjalicious
10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
haha, glad I'm not the only one that cm by cm I like to know how the water levels affect my pieces. like said by 447 above, some I like to have a fast clear, but some are nice with a little chug in there.

JamesDean
10-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Again, it boils down to preferences, but also the design of the tube itself. A great example is the Toro 6-1. I really don't know how you can use the tree in there efficiently with the tube tilted...

It is actually really nice because I can lay back in my recliner and hit it. As for efficiency, as long as you make sure to have the downstem at a 90* angle, all the arms will diffuse.

Ganjaman
10-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I do like to have a bit more water in that usual + cools smoke a bit more i filters more :]

Bongwater420
10-18-2009, 02:07 AM
alike a bit o drag

about 3 1/2 inches above the ds

TheBreadWinner
11-04-2009, 04:57 AM
the more the better....

iCapture
11-04-2009, 05:41 AM
I like a bit of water above the downstem, but not very much on the tree perc. I fill it only till the water passes the slits on the arms.

Evergreen
11-08-2009, 03:35 PM
i usually go a little bit above the diffuser holes, in a beaker i like to put a little more to compensate for water moving around, so the diff does not get exposed to air.

420p
11-30-2009, 06:57 AM
what about on a circ.... i got a circ/circ and i'm trying to find ideal water levels

ganjalicious
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
what about on a circ.... i got a circ/circ and i'm trying to find ideal water levels

imo it all depends on the actual piece and the preference of the smoker

that should about sum it up.