PDA

View Full Version : **Waterlocked Joint Need some help please!**

vodkamartiny12
10-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, i accidently left the downstem in my roor like an idiot, and it seems to be permantley waterlocked in there. I havent really tried my hardest to pull the downstem out, but thats because ive heard some horror stories of them breaking off into the bong. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to get this thing out? Anything would be appreciated. :pray:
:pray:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj171/TripleXMaster/P1060677.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj171/TripleXMaster/P1060678.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj171/TripleXMaster/P1060675.jpg

BakinWithRoor
10-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Had this happen on a tube, just emptied it and set it in my car to get hot during the day and it like dryed out and came out..... no promises though

H3BrewGlaSsHustla
10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
hair dryer

aqualungs
10-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Give 'er a little twist and pull, if that don't work you can try heat or fill your tube up with iso(I've heard someone say that it worked for them and sort of counteracted the water lock).

Golfin
10-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Try a solid twist and pull.

POG
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
i would say... a bit of iso inside the bong...make sure the joint is being humected...than a good twist and a safe pull should do it...

i've done it before...even with some old chemistry equipement sealed with time...it work great....a complete sink for the really hard ones but that was not a big deal, trully

hope you'll get it out
peace

Slick57
10-07-2009, 09:16 PM
try up/down/side to side pressure on it.

Golfin
10-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Ive used WD-40 to get them unstuck before.
Spray some on the outside of the joint and inside the tube(basically/obviously try to get it in between the joints.

Just relax and take your time.

Really not the end of the world.
Ive left a stuck downstem in my tube for a few weeks until it came out(still cleaned my tube and everything).

Bob Dobalina
10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Try rocking it back and forth. Side to side. If that does not work then fill up your sink with water and a bunch of ice, let it sit for 15 20 minutes, then give it a try.

Bongwater420
10-08-2009, 03:31 AM
i googled this

There are all sorts of voodoo tricks for unsticking them. I pride myself on being able to do it, but (objectively) I don’t think my success rate is all that greater than the norm. For the record, my technique is to put a few drops of silicon bath oil up around the edge of the stuck connection and let it soak in for a few hours. Then I rapidly heat the outside joint, grab it with a towel, and do the usual pulling and tapping while hoping for the best. There are better ways (http://www.ecu.edu/glassblowing/frozenglass.htm), but they're typically found only in a glassblowing shop.

i take no credits for this article

d0rk2dafullest
10-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Fawk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i did the same fuckn thing with my roor crown label =( just yesterday too

d0rk2dafullest
01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
found out my butane torch can heat the bubbles out, ur joint will become unstuck in about 5 minz.

jdizzglass
01-04-2010, 03:51 PM
this threads from october!

FIre or Ice will work
Expansion or Contraction
Ice the outside to try and pop the diffy out or ice the dify to contract it and have it somewhat "slide out"
or just try the exact oposite with fire..

quix
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I had a slide get stuck in an inline AC one time and it was really stuck. Pulled as hard as I could, used wd-40, cleaned it, heated it with heat gun etc... What worked in the end was warming the joint ( female ) with a heat gun and after they were nice and warm ( not super hot ) i dipped the slide ( still connected to the ash catcher ) in a glass of ice water and it fell right out.

I know this is an old thread but maybe it will still help in future searches regarding stuck joints.

domm11
01-07-2010, 02:25 AM
uhhh id submerge it in boiling water so the glass expands a bit but uhhh i only own stemless designs so i obv. never have to deal with this issue

Evergreen
01-07-2010, 05:01 AM
I like to put a stuck piece into a garbage bag and throw it against the ground (preferably a cement slab) as hard as possible. that will get that shit unstuck. . . . . .

thehodgod
01-07-2010, 05:40 AM
^^^This only works for cheap china glass so don't try it on a toro. It does work great on Weed Star bongs though.

d0rk2dafullest
01-07-2010, 05:59 AM
I like to put a stuck piece into a garbage bag and throw it against the ground (preferably a cement slab) as hard as possible. that will get that shit unstuck. . . . . .

haha. made me smile =)

just trynna tell u guys what worked for me, cuz from october when i needed some advice, i found NONE haha. and when i DID post that up, was finally i got my roor downstem outta my 7mm crown flame polished roor. of course i didnt wanna put that in a garbage bag n break it haha.