PDA

View Full Version : How to grow mushrooms

Dalejr33
10-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Guys I want to start growing some shrooms can someone direct me to a good site?? Should I buy a Kit? Also a good place to buy one.
It there a good book to buy??

Thanks Dale

Superfluous
10-09-2009, 01:53 AM
Do not buy a kit

Superfluous
10-09-2009, 01:54 AM
shit didn't mean to hit 'enter'

here: http://www.shroomery.org

all the information you will ever need and thousands of people more than willing to help you out

goodluck and welcome to this new addictive hobby :)

Superfluous
10-09-2009, 01:55 AM
more specifically; http://www.shroomery.org/5102/The-PF-Tek

the pf tek is the simplest and easiest way for a beginner amateur mycologist

themasochist
10-12-2009, 02:59 AM
SO the kits suck? I was looking at the mycodome

nugglife
10-12-2009, 05:43 AM
or just stick with herb

themasochist
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I am such a lazy motherfucker though I thought a kit would be good for "plug and play" type of thing. Ah I guess I will research it. I am used to just picking them in the fields but I want to try some of those exotic strains I am seeing. I have a bunch of dried caps in another post on here if anyone has some diff strains pm me.

Superfluous
10-12-2009, 06:41 PM
once get going you can trade spores of different strains and some people even give them out for free in the marketplace at the shroomery.

kits suck because you can create the exact same thing on your own for a fraction of the price if you just do a bit of research. your own set up will also provide you with better yields and last much longer.

join up at the shroomery and just hang around and do some reading and researching and aaaall of your questions and more will be answered in no time. the more you learn the less mistakes you'll make like contaminating your entire grow and having to throw it all away. the most important thing to remember is that sterilization is key.

its okay to be lazy. they pretty much grow themselves you just have to maintain a proper environment for them to thrive in which is very easy to do.

lepstadder
10-12-2009, 07:23 PM
The kits suck, buy a

pressure cooker

vermiculite

coco coir

large mouth quart jars

plastic tub or fishtank

and birdseed or organic rye berries

cost at the most 175 and it will be enough to keep it going for a very long time.

If you buy a kit you will spend 100 at least and it will only be good for one run. a wast of time and money

WaTdAbLuNt420
10-16-2009, 02:18 AM
growing mushrooms doesn't even cost that much, just buy some syringes and follow the pf technique and you should be good. just keep in mind everything has to be very sterile, contamination is very easy, so an open room with the fan on isn't really a good idea to knock up your jars. lepstadder has pretty much named most of the shit you need, the pressure cooker is what costs the most. you can also make jars out of grounded vermiculite and brown rice.