PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a RooR (us) poker?

samasama
04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I recently obtained three pokers that are supposed to be roor us. Since buying I have broke all three. The tips were very thin and fragile. Today I got a RooR German poker in the mail and it's what I expected, total RooR quality. It would definately take some rough action to break the tip on it. So now I'm wondering if those RooR us pokers were even authentic RooR us at all? I was wondering if someone who has an authentic RooR u.s poker could post a picture of one?

Thanks

etarip
04-22-2008, 04:09 AM
This is the one I have, it doesn't feel strong but I am pretty careful with it.

-pretty sure its US

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5844/pokertray003mm1.jpg

samasama
04-22-2008, 04:44 AM
This is the one I have, it doesn't feel strong but I am pretty careful with it.

-pretty sure its US

Hey, thanks for posting that I appreciate it.

Yeah, same thing... Huh wonder why they made it that way, I mean it's pretty much guaranteed to break, at least I found them to be that way. Then again I break a lot of glass : ) However, as stated the german one is nice and thick and don't think I'm going to break it, or hope not anyway :)

Evergreen
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Most likely the Roor USA pokers are not annealed in the kiln, it is a classic trick, don't anneal the peice and it will break easier/sooner so the customer keeps having to buy the product. I suggest you find a glassblower and ask him/her to anneal the poker and any bowls if you have em' roor are known for not annealing their bowls unless they are inside out.
good luck

Green Supreme
04-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Evac are you serious Roor Germany doesn't anneal there bowls. No offense intended, but I could believe that about Roor US but not the Euro Roors man. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Peace GS

Bubbleman
04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I dont see him mentioning german roors at all green, I think he's just talking about US roor. I had a few german roor pokers but lost them over the years. Now i just use a wooden stick. works fine.

I will gladly order some of these from roor german if people want them.

let me know

Bubble man

samasama
04-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Most likely the Roor USA pokers are not annealed in the kiln, it is a classic trick, don't anneal the peice and it will break easier/sooner so the customer keeps having to buy the product. I suggest you find a glassblower and ask him/her to anneal the poker and any bowls if you have em' roor are known for not annealing their bowls unless they are inside out.
good luck

Wow that's shady! Makes me glad I decided to get a new RooR tube from germany, which should be here this week!

bitfreak420
04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
If you ever get any of those .de Roor pokers bubbleman, I am down for a couple. They are pretty tough units.

samasama
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah I would like to get a few more myself, can never have too many? :)