PDA

View Full Version : A few pics

YukonBikerGuy
04-21-2008, 05:58 AM
All of these are 4 weeks along today.

Kush = A nice one, clone came up from lower Mainland, strong taste, strong High. havent nailed the timing yet (8 week range), but great herb.

Mikado's Child (I call it M1)= The best of 10 girls from seed from a batch of Mikado I got a few years back, been my staple a long time now. Heavy stone, good producer. 45-55 days

Stuff (I called it a few things, it smells a lil like peppery Juicy Fruit)= From bag seed, not the biggest producer, but tasty, so I keep some goin. 56-70 days

SisterM= Also from bag seed, Growth pattern and timing much like Mikado and Mikado's child, but much fruitier in taste and smell, very potent, my latest favorite, may become my new staple. 45-55 days

Anyway, just thot I'd share a few pics.

Razz
04-26-2008, 02:50 AM
its amazing what comes out of a seed from a bag of whatever!

Bubbleman
04-26-2008, 03:35 AM
thanks for sharing the plant shots with us YBG, always nice to see someones plants.
Yeah razz it sure is isn't it. IT all starts with a seed, and man can one seed produce a lot of cannabis lol

Bubble man

YukonBikerGuy
04-28-2008, 04:08 AM
Hmm, maybe I should have qualified that 'bag seed'. I only save seeds from the best weed. Bag seed to me means (mostly) unknown genetics or proper strain names. Half the fun of my keepers from 'bag seed' is naming/remembering them :)

Anywho, be that as it may.....
I borrowed my girlfriend's macro lens and light (the Ebay jobbies) and took a couple closer up shots.

First 2 are the Kush I have going. Second 2 are my M1 (child of Mikado). Last 2 are my Sister-M. Didn't shoot the 4th strain as its a slower to mature and start gettin frosty.

Elemental
04-28-2008, 02:04 PM
just beatiful :)

YukonBikerGuy
05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Time to update the post a bit now. I've started to bring the girls down, so here are some more pics. All of my M1 at this point, some all trimmed and hangin, whole plant and flower shots. Gonna be tasty, she stinks. :)

YukonBikerGuy
05-13-2008, 11:51 PM
My M1 has a couple of odd quirks..... For instance, it will start to throw spindly flowers and get frosty even under 22 hours of light. Let this go on a while and sometimes it results in monster fat colas on every branch with a donkey dick at the top. Other times, left to go on for a very long time, you can never tell what kind of mutation will come out of it. This particular plant was an M1 that I used as a mother for several generations, and it was under long light a long long while. I put it in 12/12 with the rest, "in the back". As you can see from the pics, the tops came out nice but the spindly mutants nearer the bottom are only good for the hash bucket. I took these after trimming most of it down.

I almost pulled a 'sogarmy' and put the whole works in the bucket, but not this time around.......:brainiac:

mynameispat
05-14-2008, 12:06 AM
looks good ! ! !

leadsled
05-14-2008, 05:21 AM
nice work, like them bud pics.

YukonBikerGuy
05-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Ok, so still trimming like mad, here are a couple more pics as we go. Here is my Kush bush and a closer look at one of her flowers. This is almost done hanging in the closet now.

YukonBikerGuy
05-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok here is some of the last of the M1 comming down. Also about done hanging in the closet now.

Bubbleman
05-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey nice to see you getting the hang of the girlfriends macro lens YBG.
it all looks great from where im sitting...

Bubble man

Sinfuldreams
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I can smell from here.

Sin

YukonBikerGuy
05-20-2008, 04:10 AM
Actually Bman, all of these last shot were just taken with my regular lens. A decent macro lens is on my wishlist now for sure.

I can smell from here too Sin :)

YukonBikerGuy
05-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Here it is, all puffs great. :) Dates are when they were kut.

Kif it Kunta
05-27-2008, 01:30 PM
for bad photographers like me who rarely venture outside AUTO mode, it would be good if photo posters could list specs of their camera, settings for each shot, etc ....it would be educational for us "snap and shooters" who aspire for better pics

YukonBikerGuy
05-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Most important thing..... get a better camera. Mine is an older model SLR Canon Digital Rebel EOS 300D 6 Megapixels I think. Canon EFS 18-55mm lens, with AF,MF, and a macro focal length of 0.28m/0.9ft. Canon Speedlite 420EX flash unit. Generic tripod. Got it several years ago, serves me well. Even on AUTOish it takes pretty good photos, get away from point and shoot style cameras if you can. SLR rocks. Plus then you can get fancier macro lenses and lights and good flashes and filters and remotes and mounts and tripods and.......well then you can take some damn awesome photos like Bubbleman. Start with a decent digital SLR and you can take some photos at least as good as mine. Probably better, I think I need to clean my lenses :)

YukonBikerGuy
08-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, most of the way thru another cycle, thought I'd share a few more pics.

I was totally out of weed, tired of roaches and B grade hash, so I Kut 1 of the Yukon Kush at about 6 weeks:

YukonBikerGuy
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Here is a random Yukon Kush at almost 8 weeks (nugs are ultra dense, and smell divine), will be kutting this down in a day or two:

YukonBikerGuy
08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
The Sister M is comming along nicely at about 8 weeks (man it smells great, so strong and fruity), probably another week or so till it comes down:

YukonBikerGuy
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
A few more pics of the Sister M as its comming down. Its nice and stinky, kinda fruity, very frosty.

Some with the fans still on, some with the fans off, cola with fans, colas without fans.

YukonBikerGuy
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
A nice lollipop, pretty bud, some fresh trimmed buds, a pile of future bubble hash, a nice row of hanging bud, and a closeup of a hanging bud..... man my closet stunk for days :)

YukonBikerGuy
08-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Here is the Yukon Kush, ready to smoke, and only gettin better every day its in the jar.

YukonBikerGuy
08-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Just took the Sister M out of the closet and put it into jars, once cured this will be awesome smoke.

Bubbleman
08-18-2008, 10:28 PM
wow great photo essay there ybg, I am impressed.
Nice to see from the plant to the bud to the hash.
keep up the great work man,

Bubble man

ps, i bet your closet stank lol

Elemental
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
im so impressed!!

you did a great job for sure!

have great time dude...........surely you do.......:pipe::):pipe: