View Full Version : Too good to be true? JOP HOPS Collab Ashcatcher

LuketheSifter
10-19-2009, 11:48 PM
So i was surfing around for glass and i found this

http://www.ioffer.com/offer_transactions/show/10637085

too good to be true right?

LuketheSifter
10-19-2009, 11:49 PM
i offered 145 and the dude immediatly accepted and told me to "gift" him money through paypal.....

when the original ad says money order only.....is he a scammer?

Freebird17
10-19-2009, 11:52 PM
If you have paypal(pp) listed as an accepted payment type on ioffer for items that pp doesnt allow and pp finds out they will suspend your account(sometimes you can play dumb or take it down and tell them you think they were mistaken, but if not it sucks pretty bad.). Just send the money as a payment and pay the fees. if he's not a scammer he shouldnt mind, and if he is he'll have to provide proof of shipping to paypal. the process of getting a refund from a scam can turn into a hassle, but pp will usually try to help

OnlyHighGrade
10-20-2009, 12:00 AM
it takes 3 minutes to set up a pay pal account. create one and purchase it from him. don't gift him money though. if it's just straight up a pay pal purchase you at least have some security where if you gift it there really will be none. you don't have to say what is beaing bought. just make no mention of what it is.

if he is insistent on the gift then i'm sure he is scamming especially cause it's only $140.

follow1yourpath
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I think 145 dollars is way to good too be true man.

OnSilverWings
10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
that seems sketch as FUCK imo

conscious pilot
10-20-2009, 12:57 AM
I think 145 dollars is way to good too be true man.

I gotta agree with this^:pipe:

OrganicOdins420
10-20-2009, 01:19 AM
if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is

LuketheSifter
10-20-2009, 06:22 AM
damn but its so00o SICK i want it so bad ugh thats lame

What to do what to do

Playa
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
sometimes you can play dumb or take it down and tell them you think they were mistaken, but if not it sucks pretty bad.). Just send the money as a payment and pay the fees. if he's not a scammer he shouldnt mind, and if he is he'll have to provide proof of shipping to paypal. the process of getting a refund from a scam can turn into a hassle, but pp will usually try to help

First of all Paypal will almost NEVER try to help you.
paypal is the quickest to take your money. And all the scammer has to do is send a blank envelope with a tracking number on it delivered to your town. Paypal will do nothing to get back your money.
Even if you file a claim and he doesnt provide a tracking #, as long as hes already taken out the money from his paypal account(Like EVERY one who knows anything about paypal does) you will not get ANY money back. Paypal will not give you money, they will try to take it out of his account, but the funds will not be there.

Dont do it if you think its a scam and you dont want to lose your money; cause you always will lose your money through paypal if its a scam. The best you could hope for in that situation would be the feds to catch him/her, and doubtful youll get all your money back then.

I dont want to see somebody else get ripped off.

Freebird17
10-20-2009, 11:00 AM
First of all Paypal will almost NEVER try to help you.
paypal is the quickest to take your money. And all the scammer has to do is send a blank envelope with a tracking number on it delivered to your town. Paypal will do nothing to get back your money.
Even if you file a claim and he doesnt provide a tracking #, as long as hes already taken out the money from his paypal account(Like EVERY one who knows anything about paypal does) you will not get ANY money back. Paypal will not give you money, they will try to take it out of his account, but the funds will not be there.

Dont do it if you think its a scam and you dont want to lose your money; cause you always will lose your money through paypal if its a scam. The best you could hope for in that situation would be the feds to catch him/her, and doubtful youll get all your money back then.

I dont want to see somebody else get ripped off.

First, I wouldn't get the feds involved, but maybe that's just me.
Second, I've gotten scammed before and paypal was quick(about 12 hrs) to get to the bottom of it, even though I sent the money as a living expense(it actually happened to me and another member, we both got full refunds, mine was the same day before he moved the money. i'm sure the fact that it happened to both of us and we talked to the same chick at paypal didnt hurt.)
Third, yeah, if they take the money out of paypal your pretty screwed. But if they send a "blank envelope" all you have to do is tell paypal that(the guy who scammed us worked for UPS, and he fed them some fake tracking numbers, but they still knew what was going on. another common one is the de@ form and item missing).
Like I said, getting a refund from a scam CAN(and probably will) turn into a hassle, but I've yet to lose anything besides fees and time to paypal.

edit: I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I'm just saying in my experiences paypal has always helped me out getting a refund.

DCALLSTARR
10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
idk man, the seller has feedback.. although it is not always as reliable as it would seem.

that inline is nasty though, what a beauty. i just wish you could trust someone when making a transaction, you know the honor system. he has something you want, you have the money hes asking why do people have to be greedy and want both sometimes which leads to deception and theft.

not at all saying this guy is legit/not legit but its up to you to decide. is it worth the risk? can you afford to pay the bills if this falls through and you loose your money? think about that stuff and then make your decision.

follow1yourpath
10-20-2009, 05:36 PM
So did you end up paying for it?

killacam
10-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Lol if you buy this from him, you are officially the dumbest person on the planet earth. 145 for an ashcatcher like that? No fucking way someone would be so "nice" and basically give it away. Also giving him a gift in paypal is basically saying "here take my money, i dont want it". Please man, whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THIS. You will get scammed for sure!

usg543
10-20-2009, 09:34 PM
too good to be true for sure.

in before scam

OrganicOdins420
10-21-2009, 05:55 AM
use a credit card through paypal. If you dont get it the credit card has no problem doing a chargeback. It is their money they are fronting. The few times I have been scammed, this was by FAR the easiest way to go about it.

LuketheSifter
10-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Im not risking it on some ass

I mean clear hops inlines go for 250....and i could see this worked collab going for 450 easy....

Its too good....im not biting....

jBUCKS420
10-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Ive seen a lot of glass on ioffer, but the situation almost ALWAYS seems sketch to me. Theres a darby inline on there for 130 and the seller is bein shady as hell.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/108385683

abuse
10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Ive seen a lot of glass on ioffer, but the situation almost ALWAYS seems sketch to me. Theres a darby inline on there for 130 and the seller is bein shady as hell.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/108385683
Ha that's the same inline that I was eyeballin' until I noticed there were no responses to the buyers willing to pay for it. No where on the HOPS inline page is there a picture with his user name and inline next to it.

LuketheSifter
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
some people are douchers

DCALLSTARR
10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
you and that guy had one heck of an argument.. he says its all packed up waiting to go so he cant take pictures with his name and date? wtf all it takes is a knife and a quick retaping job to get his shit sold..

im sure if he did that for you, he would have payment received right now. but i guess its too much to ask, or he doesnt even have it..

dude didnt even know it was a JOP x HOPS collab.. i bet he doesnt even know who jop is ahahaha

LuketheSifter
10-22-2009, 12:41 AM
yeah i called him out on that and now hes not responding.....

im sure there are plenty of people who just want expensive glass without doing any research which sucks....

i wonder how many people hes gotten with this....his profile says he has 3 of these...

illy_bsnaps
10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah that guy's scamming forsure. He has 3 of them? Yeeah, right. I wouldn't send him a cent.

DCALLSTARR
10-22-2009, 11:53 PM
3? its hard enough to get one of those jop x hops collabs, let alone three of them.. wow the more i read the more ridiculous this jackass seems..

and he was acting like your ruining his reputation by asking him to show you some proof of ownership. hah!

LuketheSifter
10-23-2009, 12:39 AM
so lameeeee its such a sweet piece too...tis a shameee

illy_bsnaps
10-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Oh well, what can you do? Other than laugh at the tool trying to get away with that.

hashINout
10-24-2009, 11:02 AM
jop does a thumb pipe but still a collab piece is not that cheap... and hes got 3??? yea hes fulla shit