PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my technique

fizoster
04-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Yo everybody,

Alright, I ran a little less than an ounce of really good kush through my bags, and my yield was a little disappointing. I used a wooden spoon to stir it. When I saw how small my yield was, I ran it through once more. This time, I got more hash than the first time and it was darker in color and tastier. Also, when I did the second run, I stirred it a lot harder. Why was the hash better after the second run? Wouldn't the first run's hash be more pure? Also, could I have run it through a third time, or maybe even more? This has only been my second venture with the bubblebags, so I'm still trying to find the best technique, i.e. how long to stir, how hard to stir, how many times to run it through, etc. Thanks for reading everyone, sorry for the novel lol.

P.S. I only ended up with about .5 of hash, I definitely expected more than that with these real good nugs.

Green Supreme
04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
When stirring by hand a frenzied pace is necessary. If your not makin white bubbles you're not mixing fast enough. Good luck. Peace GS

fizoster
04-22-2008, 07:19 PM
OK awesome, thanks for the advice. I was really worried that I was gonna stir too hard and get a contaminated product, so I was stirring pretty lightly.

fizoster
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
What about 2nd or even 3rd runs? Is it necessary? Also, how come the hash from my second run was better (in my opinion)? Wouldn't the second run with a lot more agitation make more contaminated hash? Sorry for the newbie questions but this was only my second venture with the bags and I want to make my 3rd more successful. Thanks!

cannalingus
10-18-2008, 12:15 AM
could be the water had more time to moisten the material and freeze the resin glands....-accompanied with better stirring tech. (IMO there will/may take some time to get into the pure stuff, and as a novice ice-water hash user I played around a little. I then found that the extracts of specific plants can taste better/more with some "contamination" as the resin is pretty acrid and oily all alone. After you get conditioned into the pure essences you learn how to recognize more subtle flavors and bouquets from the resins. (I think these subtleties will be even more protruding if I stop smoking things altogether and stick with vaporizing.)