PDA

View Full Version : Few questions before I go buy my bubblebag system

kushfiend
04-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Everyone!

Like some of the other posters have mentioned I spent about 4hrs last night looking at all the pics and reading a ton of stuff... with that being said I have a few questions before I go buy a BB system from my local retailer ^_^

1. What is the primary difference between the 4 and 8 bag system? because I can't really afford the 8 bag system... from what I can gather it seems that the only difference is that you don't get to separate all the different size glands - but I really dont care about that -I dont care if its all together in one pile... so do you get a lower yield from the 4 bag or just as I said not able to separate all the different size heads?

2. About drying... seems like I have read all kinds of answers here from 24hrs to 2 days to a week... and bubbleman said about someone's yield - he aked if it crumbled once it was in the ball form... is crumblin a sign that its dry - or that it isn't dry?

3. Once it IS all dry - do you simply press it together with your hands and roll it aroudn etc in order to get it to look "black" like black hash? just kinda confused what to do with it once it IS dry... ie: what my options are once it's dry.

4. agitation: is it safe to use a hand mixer that has metal spinner thingies? or should some kind of plastic head be attached to the mixer? If I am going to use a wooden spoon is it lieterally a STIRRING (round and round) motion I want to do? how fast do you actually have to stir - I read it has to be fast enough to se bubbles in the water? how gruelling is this lol - is a electronicmixer that much better/easier?

thx

I'll be going to pick up my kit next week - looking forward to it - and will post pics of my first batch :D

Bubbleman
04-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey kushfiend, welcome to the boards, Let me try and answer your questions for you.

1. What is the primary difference between the 4 and 8 bag system? because I can't really afford the 8 bag system... from what I can gather it seems that the only difference is that you don't get to separate all the different size glands - but I really dont care about that -I dont care if its all together in one pile... so do you get a lower yield from the 4 bag or just as I said not able to separate all the different size heads?

Well the 8 bag kit produces a much better quality than the 4. By seperating out the grades, you will find the sweet heads in certain bags> Your hash will NOT BE the same quality if you use a 4 bag kit. botton line. and trust me wether you know or not, YOU CARE>

2. About drying... seems like I have read all kinds of answers here from 24hrs to 2 days to a week... and bubbleman said about someone's yield - he aked if it crumbled once it was in the ball form... is crumblin a sign that its dry - or that it isn't dry?

Well lots is said about this all over the internet, I say break it up into powder and lay it spread thin on cardboard for at least several days. THe longer the better. When i say if you roll it into a ball, and over a few days it starts to crumble, that means you pressed it wet. The moisture is now pulling the ball of hash apart. THis isnt the best dried form of bubble.

3. Once it IS all dry - do you simply press it together with your hands and roll it aroudn etc in order to get it to look "black" like black hash? just kinda confused what to do with it once it IS dry... ie: what my options are once it's dry.

Well i leave mine in powder form, as it makes it easiest to smoke that way> WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT IT TO BE BLACK AND LOOKING LIKE THIRD WORLD IMPORT HASH? bubble hash is so far above the qaulity of that kind of hash, i would never want my bubble to be black and squishy. HOwever if you do, just a matter of using intense heat or pressure to press the bubble into blocks or what ever you want. I rarely press my bubble.

4. agitation: is it safe to use a hand mixer that has metal spinner thingies? or should some kind of plastic head be attached to the mixer? If I am going to use a wooden spoon is it lieterally a STIRRING (round and round) motion I want to do? how fast do you actually have to stir - I read it has to be fast enough to se bubbles in the water? how gruelling is this lol - is a electronicmixer that much better/easier?

Well by far the best form of agitation i have found is the bubblenow. But second to that i would use the hand stir method, As long as you have tons of ice in your bucket and you can hear the ice grinding, your mixing enough. you can use an electric mixer, ie cake mixer, i have done so for years in the past, and produced nice fullmelt hash. ( with 6 to 8 bag kits, not 4)

anyway man, hope that helps ..

Peace
Bubble man

kushfiend
04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
thanks for the quick reply! For some reason I thought if you pressed it into a block it would change the taste... does the bubble in it's dry form taste like the black hash I used to smoke from ontario and montreal etc?

really looking forward to making my first batch... getting my hands on a big bag of trim from some nice kush :D

Looks like I will be going with the 8 bag system :s hope the vancouver store has it in stock...

kushfiend
04-26-2008, 06:56 PM
I have one more question about the drying process... would it be ok to take a piece of thick cardboard and line the inside of a showbox with it then dry it in there? I am worried about dust and dog hair potentially contaminating it, and more importantly I am worried about leaving it out for several days without knocking it over etc...

if I did this - should I cut out some air holes in the shoebox to allow it to breathe?

thx
:smoke1:

edit: ok one more question - I have to buy a 1 gallon pail/bucket right?

If I was to do this in my living room - what are the chances of geting some water on the carpet?

should I do it in my kitchen? or bathroom maybe that don't have carpet?

Bubbleman
04-26-2008, 10:48 PM
it will definitly not taste like the old school montreal hash you are use to> BUT THANK GOD>
when you taste some fine bubble for the first time, your memories of what hash is, will be shattered, and you're new realization of what bubble is, WILL REPLACE THE OLD .

as for shoebox, no problem, the cardboard works as a dessicant and pulls the water out of the bubble . I place my cardboard in the oven, keeps dust, dog hair and contaminant away, but a showbox would work fine. You will just need maybe a few of them.

If you are using a 1 gallon set, you will want to find a 1 or 2 gallon bucket to mix in, and yes you can get water all over the place depending on your skills, so do it in the kitchen.

Peace
Bubble man

kushfiend
04-27-2008, 05:12 PM
it will definitly not taste like the old school montreal hash you are use to> BUT THANK GOD>
when you taste some fine bubble for the first time, your memories of what hash is, will be shattered, and you're new realization of what bubble is, WILL REPLACE THE OLD .

as for shoebox, no problem, the cardboard works as a dessicant and pulls the water out of the bubble . I place my cardboard in the oven, keeps dust, dog hair and contaminant away, but a showbox would work fine. You will just need maybe a few of them.

If you are using a 1 gallon set, you will want to find a 1 or 2 gallon bucket to mix in, and yes you can get water all over the place depending on your skills, so do it in the kitchen.

Peace
Bubble man

ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok well I can't wait to try bubble for the first time...

should bubble only be smoked in a pipe or bong etc -- not good to put in a joint?

I don't have a vaporizer and I usually smoke joints...

sounds like I should get a lil miniglass pipe for this bubble..

Bubbleman
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
HEY kushfiend, you can smoke bubble pretty much any way you want to. I have seen it hot knived, slapped onto a car lighter, smoked in join, thrown in a vaporizer, smoked thru a spoon or bubbler or bong.
I personaly hit my bubble on a tightly meshed stainless steel screen, in a straight tube roor bong.
I light with matchs, and enjoy the hits like this most. I also have a small spoon that i use at concerts and on the mtn when im snowboarding.
Bubble is extremly concentrated, and one small hit in the bong can be equivelant to a whole joint. So putting bubble in a joint can be tricky. Throw in too much, and it will cripple people, throw in to high of a quality and it will melt and seal that joint like wax.

Peace
Bubble man