PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Oakland, CA.

Patient 957
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Licensed cannabis patient in the East Bay area of Northern California.

Here to learn more about refining my extractions. While I like using hashish as my main means of medicating - I do not smoke. I prefer to cook with it as well as make tinctures.

I mainly lurk on forums unless I see a thread worth contributing to. :)

Thanks and Peace.

P.957

fullmeltbubble
10-28-2009, 08:30 PM
welcome to the site...i'd be interested in seeing of your reciepes using hash...

Patient 957
10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Thank you, nice to be here.

I'm actually compiling a patient-specific cookbook with my favorite recipes modified to be both cannabis and diet-friendly. I have to live on a specialized diet the rest of my life (not a punishment, trust me) and I have to avoid most types of lipids and simple carbs/sugars...so I'm slowly remixing my favorite family and cookbook recipes to be "medicate-able" - I'm trying to get a set number of recipes collected before typing/publishing...but I will gladly post some of my recipes that I know work well for me if you'd like that in the mean time. hehe

I will warn everyone, however, that I have a very high tolerance threshold with cannabis (partially due to the synthetic regimen I'm also on) - so please realize I cook for myself and my titration needs. As with any type of edible or sub-lingual dose, please make sure you dose sanely/safely if you choose to try one of my recipes for the first time on your own. I also recommend strains for certain dishes due to their finished flavor within the dish - finding recipes that work well with a given strain works better (for me) than trying to find different strains that all work well with a given recipe. So do not feel "confined" to using only the ingredients or strains I will share with each recipe. Holistic dose titration gives us "working room" that isn't present with synthetics...so feel free to just use my recipes as a springboard into your own cooking adventures.

Glad to hear there's an interest - I still find oral dosing to be the most effective means of delivery (for my body and my medicinal needs - YMMV) with cannabis. I am very excited to be switching over from dry sift to water extraction. I definitely taste the difference in the products I pick up at the dispensaries, but doing this myself will save me a lot of money and give me more control (from an organic perspective) over my finished edibles and tinctures.

I'll make it a goal to get some recipes uploaded no later than Friday evening. If people like them, I'll be sure to check back weekly to add to the collection.

Finally, please realize I am not a chef or menu planner. Most of the recipes (unless otherwise stated to the contrary) are favorites I've picked up over the last 36 years from a huge collection of cookbooks (both published and family recipes). I do not claim anything beyond finding ways of titrating cannabis into these recipes; I leave the recipes as close to the original as possible. I do not know copyright law well enough to know if this is technically a crime or not - but hopefully the publishers/authors will understand. hehe

Peace,

P.957