PDA

View Full Version : New To Water Extraction - Quick Question

Patient 957
10-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone,

Up until now I've been doing manual dry sifting with an S&M Industries kief screen, but I just ordered my first ice washing machine and bag system (the Bubble Now 5gal Value Kit).

I am a medicinal user, and I prefer to medicate via tincture and edibles - and having the ability to refine the quality of the various stages of micron screen layering will make it easier to judge which screens work best with my preferred strains. I like being able to use the highest quality for my tinctures and the lower quality for my cooking.

So this brings me to the question. After I've done the initial washing/extraction cycle with the Bubble Now machine, can I dry out the "mash" that will be left in the zipper bag and use that in my tinctures to salvage any remaining actives? Or would it be better to simply run the machine a 2nd or 3rd time and just segregate the 3 levels of quality based on time of extraction/wash run?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I would think that since you could run the material more than once to collect trichomes in the Bubble Now, that the material should be useable as tincture mash...but if it's not worth the time/energy involved...I'd appreciate the warning. hehe

Peace & Thanks,

P.957

YukonBikerGuy
10-28-2009, 09:06 PM
You can spin it again (for lower quality each time), dry it out for tincture, or use it for cooking. Some folks here only ever mix the 1 time and then pass the mash on for others to cook with. If you want the hash, or the edibles, then of course its worth the time and energy. My 2 cents.

YBG

Patient 957
10-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Thank you! I'm glad my instincts were correct that it still is useable in other forms of extraction after the initial wash through the machine.

Thanks again. :)