PDA

View Full Version : Members posing as MODERATORS.

ja rasta
10-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Does anyone else have an issue with so and so raiding their thread with rules? When we obviously gather on this site to appreciate the great plant, breaking a little societal rule, finding sovereignty on this forum... then having some little douchebag be a total buzzkill about you have to wait for this you can't do that. Please get a life kids... you are REALLY KILLING MY BUZZ let the MODERATORS DO THEIR JOBS!!! :mad::confused: ja

What is all y'alls input?

minitrkn420
10-29-2009, 11:33 PM
i just think EVERYONE should just not fuckin post in glass market threads unless ur dib'in.

i dont care if u owned the piece, smoked outta it what ever...
keep it to yourself. no one wants there sales altered due to some asshats 2 cent.

only reason i could ever see anyone saying somthin is if there isnt a name n date. cus if i was to buy a piece id ask for it. But if ur not intrested in buying it. dont even worry bout it. let the one who wants to buy it ask n worry.

everyone just needs to mind there own shit imo. its the fuckin rules anyhow. if i was a mod everyone would hate my guts cus id get nuttier than squirrel shit on everyone.

-mini

Razz
10-29-2009, 11:33 PM
well you know what, the mods don't do their fuckin jobs, thst's the point! but no, i'm the bad guy!

Green Supreme
10-29-2009, 11:42 PM
If the members could control their own selves and follow the rules of the site none of this would be an issue. At that point mods would not even be necessary. I think they should up the age to 25 , I would bet almost anything most of the problems come from the group below that. Peace GS

ps. should have a punch in the head rule. Like if you are not willing to take a shot in the head for your post you shouldn't post it

ja rasta
10-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Thank you for all the quick responses.

OnlyHighGrade
10-30-2009, 02:18 AM
well you know what, the mods don't do their fuckin jobs, thst's the point! but no, i'm the bad guy!

B man needs to elect a tyrannical mod. A few weeks ago a few got fired up and started to do their jobs for 24 hours or so, but that quickly ended.

We need a real fascist around here.

I also like GS's 25+ rule.

follow1yourpath
10-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Hey you need a photo with name and date.. Oh wait nevermind.. (Sarcasum lol) I see so many of these cats telling people what too do. Why does it even bother them when it does'nt even concern them. Most of the time they have no interest in even purchasing the glass they comment on.

fullmeltbubble
10-30-2009, 02:31 AM
we started this site, and purposely made the rules as basic as possible....we aren't into being "facists"....but yes somethings gotta give...and the changes we instill may make a lot of people angry...but thats not our intent.....but its clear things have got to change...the mods and I do this for nothing....we do it cause we care about hash and glass and cannabis in general....everyone of the mods is a real person with a life outside of fmb(yes there is a world offline)....its very frustrating when you spend a cpl hours cleaning up the market, only to come back the next morning with a whole new set of posts breaking the rules....

abuse
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Hire me. I don't really have a life

Green Supreme
10-30-2009, 04:35 PM
See thats the thing, no one's getting paid. Still gotta deal with the losers, but no ones paid. Peace GS

killawarcloud420
10-30-2009, 05:45 PM
its pretty funny cause i have been seeing you do quite a bit of instant modding yourself ja

Green Supreme
10-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Just pointing out what I feel is obvious. Kinda sad I have to point it out really. Thanks for yer input. Peace GS

OnlyHighGrade
10-30-2009, 06:09 PM
dictator? anyone?

jcreamy420
10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
If the members could control their own selves and follow the rules of the site none of this would be an issue. At that point mods would not even be necessary. I think they should up the age to 25 , I would bet almost anything most of the problems come from the group below that. Peace GS

ps. should have a punch in the head rule. Like if you are not willing to take a shot in the head for your post you shouldn't post it

agree at least 21.

kmartel
10-30-2009, 09:10 PM
age shouldn't be the problem. Everyone here is pretty much over 18 which means we should all be adults? Well in my experience most adults know how to read, so its really not hard to follow rules.

Upping the age will do absolutely nothing, are you going to card at the door? In order to do such a thing you would need to implement a system, such as trust who, that everyone who plans on using the site has to fax them your ID, and go through all that verification shit. Not to mention it would cost bubbleman money to use their service along with each person who signs up....

so the age thing is really out the door imo...

Best you can really do is let the mods do their jobs and understand this is a FREE COMMUNITY. Not only is it a free community but its a community of stoners so smoke your weed(or hash) and read the rules and let the mods do their best.

If its really a problem, i suggest giving a couple of veterans here maybe a glass market admin title and have them simply remind people rules.

PS. this post isn't by any means meant to bash anyone's ideas, its just my .02.

OnlyHighGrade
10-30-2009, 09:26 PM
^^^^ while i agree that upping the age might not solve all problems, I think it would solve a bunch.

I sent BFG a pic of my ID to confirm my age and become a member. It cost nothing and really wasn't difficult at all. It by no means is impossible or expensive.

JamesDean
10-30-2009, 09:26 PM
the mods and I do this for nothing....we do it cause we care about hash and glass and cannabis in general....everyone of the mods is a real person with a life outside of fmb(yes there is a world offline)....its very frustrating when you spend a cpl hours cleaning up the market, only to come back the next morning with a whole new set of posts breaking the rules....

Word. Speaking from a few years experience, being a mod is the single worst job on earth. Thanks to those who do it, almost always for nothing.

ja rasta
10-30-2009, 09:44 PM
age shouldn't be the problem. Everyone here is pretty much over 18 which means we should all be adults? Well in my experience most adults know how to read, so its really not hard to follow rules.

Upping the age will do absolutely nothing, are you going to card at the door? In order to do such a thing you would need to implement a system, such as trust who, that everyone who plans on using the site has to fax them your ID, and go through all that verification shit. Not to mention it would cost bubbleman money to use their service along with each person who signs up....

so the age thing is really out the door imo...

Best you can really do is let the mods do their jobs and understand this is a FREE COMMUNITY. Not only is it a free community but its a community of stoners so smoke your weed(or hash) and read the rules and let the mods do their best.

If its really a problem, i suggest giving a couple of veterans here maybe a glass market admin title and have them simply remind people rules.

PS. this post isn't by any means meant to bash anyone's ideas, its just my .02.

It is a free community, and we all should just be able to smoke and enjoy our time here. Letting the mods do their best is what we all do, I have no issue with the mods, they do what they do. Unfortunatley the only problem is in the Glass Market. There should be no problem, there is just a trust issue apparently with lots of members.... Your a member on a peaceful site, and there is distrust...make any sense whatsoever?
And as the rules so clearly state, don't do business with them if you don't trust them. But why do we all bash eachother, and why comment in a thread to be a nitpicker? It really is just bickering, NONE of us here are toddlers anymore.

dontstepongrass
10-30-2009, 11:17 PM
there's distrust on glass market for just cause...

usg543
10-31-2009, 02:28 AM
1) let the mods do their jobs
2) respect the rules
3) respect the mods

ban the repeat offenders.

DCALLSTARR
10-31-2009, 03:45 AM
one question... i have nothing against this person, nor am i discrediting him at all..

but why is dreadhead a mod?

if its because of experience and length of membership as well as contribution to the site, then i feel there are a ton better choices out there. hell, i've been on this site prior to the "boom".. i notified trikky who told 521 and everyone else about FMB. why cant i be a mod? hahhaah

nah idk id like to be one, but im too nice of a guy. i think id let too much slide because i dont see a problem with any of it.. its not like bubbleman or any of the admins get charged per post on their forums.

yet i follow the rules, i dont want anyone to think otherwise. sorry for the long story i just had to ask.. there have been way wayy to many occasions where my RELEVANT and NECESSARY posts were deleted by dread because he thought they were off topic. ridiculous.

kmartel
10-31-2009, 05:50 AM
It is a free community, and we all should just be able to smoke and enjoy our time here. Letting the mods do their best is what we all do, I have no issue with the mods, they do what they do. Unfortunatley the only problem is in the Glass Market. There should be no problem, there is just a trust issue apparently with lots of members.... Your a member on a peaceful site, and there is distrust...make any sense whatsoever?
And as the rules so clearly state, don't do business with them if you don't trust them. But why do we all bash eachother, and why comment in a thread to be a nitpicker? It really is just bickering, NONE of us here are toddlers anymore.

I see your point.

maybe this is an idea, in order to have access to the market your ID must be faxed to bubbleman. Knowing that everyone in the glass market has photo id on file might bring a little more piece of mind. Not only that but the seller could also be at piece knowing he isn't selling to a minor.

Might be a little far fetched but those who truly appreciate the glass market would still be there.

ja rasta
10-31-2009, 11:00 AM
there's distrust on glass market for just cause...
Yeah that is true, I understand. Fucking assholes, ruining peoples days, honestly people who burn people deserve to burn in you know where....

ja rasta
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
And ID's is not on the top of my list for solution's... IP adresses can be tracked, so posting pictures of any illicit substance or activity is bad enough, but sending identification, even worse news. LOL and I hate to bring it up, but there are such a thing as fake ID's. We all need to trust eachother, so let's build a trust and get along, and as Bubbleman says talk to the glassblower before you buy from him, or the seller, talk to him via private mesasging, feel him out... you'll know if he's legit or not, it's like when you buy anything... Feel it out, if it feels right do it, if not fuck it. I really appreciate all the input people. Pleas keep it coming. Peace Ja

yawbus
10-31-2009, 08:12 PM
I think it should be private. Invites only. Also if rules are going to be followed everyone should have to follow them. Not just some people.

glasstree
10-31-2009, 10:22 PM
^^ very true thats one thing that sucks the mods dont control enough and people do what they please so others try and mod which doesnt turn out good..
i was think, idk if this would work or if you can do it, but make it so only the OP and mods can post in threads. everything is done by pm and when sold just post sold. the OP would have to clarify their thread and make sure it has all info people need... but this would also not stop people from bumping whenever tho.
my 2c.

capn
10-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Im with yawbus!!!! except on the private thing:snake:

Razz
10-31-2009, 11:34 PM
i used to bitch up a storm on the glass site, breaking it down, protecting members......but a bunch of whiney little bitches started questioning what i was doing and then bombarded bubbleman about me and my job on this thing...so i'm not a mod anymore...and then guess what?.....people started getting ripped off and burned, just like i knew it was gonna happen.. and some of the people that got burned were the people bitching about me.... and the people that burned them were the people i was bitching about! so, then here we are.....but no...i was the bad guy!

johnnyballbag
11-01-2009, 12:15 AM
No matter WHAT happens, there's always gonna be that "grass is always greener" mentality from someone. When we as mods start to get aggressive, someone always bitches and cries, with PM's like "i'm gonna tell daddy bubbleman on you." But then if we ease up, we're not doing our jobs. Like FMB pointed out, we do have lives. Me for instance, i just got moved, and ripped out an old growroom. Oh yeah, and i moved states. Sorry for not doing my job... guess i've beeb kinda busy. But trust me, when i get everything in order and settled back in, you'll get a taste of what we mean by things needing to be and BEING changed.

Thanks for all the kind words of respect from those who posted them. And thanks to Bman and FMB for giving us this place.

capn
11-01-2009, 06:43 AM
I know I'm new but I volunteer to be a sub-mod or some crap. If anyone will have me.

I have a-lot of free time at the moment so... If u want it, all you hafta do it ask.

toalex
11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
^^^^ while i agree that upping the age might not solve all problems, I think it would solve a bunch.

I sent BFG a pic of my ID to confirm my age and become a member. It cost nothing and really wasn't difficult at all. It by no means is impossible or expensive.

And the age on bfg is 18+ not 25+ or 21+ like two people suggested itt.

Freebird17
11-02-2009, 12:08 AM
And the age on bfg is 18+ not 25+ or 21+ like two people suggested itt.

21+ would be alot safer. There wouldn't be little high school kids running around, but I'm pretty sure it isnt hard for the mods to tell who they are(I'll give you a hint, when someones vids are on the same youtube account as the videos they made this year in highschool, they probably shouldnt in the glass section. this isnt gc.)
In all my years on Earth I never met a high school freshman over 18.

toalex
11-02-2009, 07:56 PM
21+ would be alot safer. There wouldn't be little high school kids running around, but I'm pretty sure it isnt hard for the mods to tell who they are(I'll give you a hint, when someones vids are on the same youtube account as the videos they made this year in highschool, they probably shouldnt in the glass section. this isnt gc.)
In all my years on Earth I never met a high school freshman over 18.

I'm pretty sure there aren't "little high school kids" running around rofl (or at least I honestly haven't seen any on here)

Freshman are usually 14 - 15
Sophmores 15-16
Junior 16-17
Seniors 17-18

College freshman 18-19
College Sophmores 19-20
College juniors 20-21
College Seniors 21-22

VertigoGlass
11-03-2009, 12:09 AM
toalex89 there is/was a kid on here skavi0101 that's 16 so think again about the underage thing. there are a lot more of them on here than you could possibly imagine. as far as age goes, there is no age on maturity so saying 21 and over may cut out a little of the bullshit but there are some older folks on here and other sites that like to act a fool. and by setting a age limit you are only hurting some of the legit members to get rid of a select crowd.

Green Supreme
11-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't really think the age limit is a good idea. Just said it to get the young'uns to out themselves. Teehee. Peace GS

follow1yourpath
11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
^^Hahahaha.. Quite' a clever one GS..