PDA

View Full Version : I blew it, hash molded. Now what?

meltygoo
05-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok, I pulled a rookie manuever. First big run and I pressed it into gooey, still damp balls. It was in the freezer for a month or so and was fine, then got taken out and left out of the freezer. Now all of the balls have a slight coat of mold on the outside.

My question is, what can I do now? Is there any way to save it? Is the mold only on the outside, i.e. if I cut off a 1/8" layer all the way around would the inside be good?

Can I re-process it somehow to make something useful from it? Or is it totally trash?

Thx - Meltygoo

Evergreen
05-17-2008, 04:02 PM
PICS would help!

I'm sorry to hear that happened, I have pulled that move before.
Why didn't you follow Bubblemans directions to chop up the bubble and let it dry on a piece of cardboard? well as Bman will probably tell you, you should not ever exert too much pressure on wet bubble because you can break the carboxylate acid ring and release the non-psychoactive thc oils, When these oils mix with water molecules it is next to impossible to seperate them. As for what you can do now, I would say use the hash for food, but I would highly suggest not smoking moldy bubble EVER. No, if there is mold on the outer layer of bubble which is the first to dry, then there is 99.9% chance that the inside of that ball is one fucking moldy gooey mess. back when I thought it was a good idea to press up the bubble wet, the inside of the ball would start to mold first because the is no oxygen or light in there and you combine that with old water and you have a perfect mold bomb. But wait till a little later in the day and Bman will probably post up his thoughts.

I say fuck it, life is all about experiences, you cherish the good and learn from the bad.My advice is, embrace the fact that you screwed up 1 out of the maybe 100's of batches of bubble and chop your shit up next time. I have ruined plenty batches of bubble in my years and 100's of batches.

YukonBikerGuy
05-17-2008, 04:41 PM
There is 1 suggestion in another thread about making hash from moldy skuff, then putting the works into a jar of cold water and skimming all the mold off the top with a spoon..... cant seem to find it for some reason:snake: Mmmmm, Hash.....

Anyway, maybe if its still wet and frozen, you could put it back into cold water and skim it off? Just a thot, good luck.

Evergreen
05-17-2008, 04:56 PM
good idea YBG

Halusinati
05-17-2008, 05:04 PM
So what have we learned from this?

Let the hash dry, as broken up as possible, on cardboard.

BiG H3rB Tr3E
05-17-2008, 07:02 PM
curious is any other way to make better area for dryin.. another user tell me him use doubled silk screens .. his stuff look prety good.. been doin carboard technique for while .. but feels primitive.. curius what yer guys thoughts be

Green Supreme
05-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Good ideas don't need improving. The reason I see people having problems with this is they want the hash dry yesterday. I say if you want to smoke it yesterday, make it a week ago. Good luck. Peace GS