PDA

View Full Version : Best technique for using buds?

Twisted 1
05-17-2008, 09:40 PM
I have always used my frozen trim to make hash, but since I grow for personal use and not for profit, I would like to know the best way to turn my whole harvest into hash, not just the trim.

Should it still be frozen or would fresh work?? What about the nugs?... should I grind them up or just chop em??

I will be using Reef's G-Sus for my attempt. She is completly covered with trich's and with a S.O.G. method I harvest huge single colas that I know will make superb hash!!

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Pure.Dope
05-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd like to know some info on this as well.

Bubbleman
05-18-2008, 11:07 PM
hey there, first off i'd like to welcome you to the site.
secondly i'd like to apologize for my slow reply, i havent been able to log onto the site for the past few days.

YOu can use fresh frozen trim , or dry trim> I prefer to freeze the trim fresh, as more of the volatile oils are saved that way.

as for how you process the material ie trim and bud. I just throw it in, do a light mix and pull my head stash off, then you can do a stronger longer mix to get the last of the goodness out.
I would never tell people to grind the bud as you will end up with a much lower quality product. Due to the fact that the ground herb loses its surface area which keeps it afloat in the water. YOur hash ends up badly contaminanted as a result when the herb particles fall and sink in the water.

HOpe that helps

Bubble man

Sinfuldreams
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
The wonders of Ice.
I used dry and it just never lives up to Frozen fresh

Hope to have enough of a harvest one day to use BUDS!!!

Sin

Twisted 1
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Thanks B man!

No need to apoligize for anything.
Thanks for the tips and I look forward to trying it. So just throw the whole buds in huh?? Man I cant wait!!:)

Thanks again

SemperAltus
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
twisted post up some pics when you get a chance, ive been very down to use a plant strictly for hash hoping for some headie FM stuff... dont know if you saw yukon biker guys thread he did the same thing

YukonBikerGuy
05-22-2008, 07:31 PM
And I got inspired by Sogarmy & Crunchy's Fullplant hash adventure post, with pics..... :) Think they made out better than I.... that time......

"I have not yet begun to make fullplant hash....." Coo Coo Kachoo

Glassman
05-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I thought you were supposed to rip the buds up in dime size pieces?

Dollar
05-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Thats what I always do, It may or may not be necessary

But I figure it still has the surface area to stay buoyant and it exposes more heads than those just on the outer surface of the flower

Kif it Kunta
05-24-2008, 07:05 AM
if you are using a paint mixing attachment with a drill or a heavy duty cake mixer then it's probably best to not grind up the buds....

..but if you are using a wooden spoon or stick then it's probably best to break them up into fingernail sized pieces or there abouts ..but as mentioned above, if you are doing a gentle first run, then re-running the material again with a more aggressive mixing action, you won't need to break them up at all..

I can see it now ....readers will be putting 2 foot long colas into the bags.then vroommmmmm with their long paint mixers & drills ..perhaps BM will have to bring out a new set of bags..3 foot in height with a diamenter of 1 foot ..lol

and talking about terpenes and how they are rinsed away..I know some people add a little dry sift to their Bubble hash to replace the flavors rinsed away with the water, but is it possible or worthwhile to extract and isolate these terpenes from the left over water used in the Bubblebag process and then add it back to the resin?.. . ..but if it could be done, it would be difficult as there are lots of stuff in there that you wouldn't want, especially with fresh frozen material

wouldn't it be good if there was something you could add to the water before mixing to help retain these tasty flavors so they are not rinsed off the resin during mxing.

i wonder is there anything you could add to the water so that the plant matter has improved surface tension (or whatever) and doesn't sink, even the dust